PDA

View Full Version : would yal buy a ds if......

WaFFels10
Jul 24, 2005, 10:36 PM
pso came out on it. u could use the touch screen instead of binding buttons it would be awsume plz sega make this game

Dana
Jul 24, 2005, 10:56 PM
yes

heh...but it would have to have asomething new...¬_¬an interface bewteen GC and DS would be nice, train your charcters on the go!

WaFFels10
Jul 24, 2005, 10:58 PM
ya that would be nice. but im thinking of bb on the ds and use the ds online when it comes out

trypticon
Jul 24, 2005, 10:59 PM
I just got myself a DS today and am already thinking of returning it for a full refund.

Some of the features it boasts are very cool though. I wouldn't mind seeing them used in an online game like PSO.

Sef
Jul 24, 2005, 11:22 PM
I'd buy one, sure.

Been meaning to buy one anyways.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 25, 2005, 12:45 AM
naw. PSO is old, and I've always got my laptop at hand so no point. The stylus idea doesn't work anyway for those of us who don't have steady hands, or get cramps from writing.

Blitzkommando
Jul 25, 2005, 03:00 AM
Well, I have a DS so all I would have to get is the game itself. But mind you, the graphics would be cut drastically. Afterall, the DS is inferior graphically to the Dreamcast. It would have to be an entirely unique PSO game built from the ground up. So yes, that would be interresting to see. Communication however would... hmm, present some problems. Even with a Microphone built in that would require lots of bandwidth.

Applet
Jul 25, 2005, 05:00 AM
No-- especially if they implemented the horrid stylus into the gameplay. The only way I'd consider it is if I could use my current character data for the DS version, but that would never happen.

Ansatsu
Jul 25, 2005, 10:58 AM
maybe a GBA version for training on the go! you could link up (like in sonic advance and sa2b) and just play offline... but graphics would be pretty bad... all pixely and stuff http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DLShAdOw
Jul 25, 2005, 11:40 AM
NO! DS Sucks.....But if sega made PSUSP then i'd get a PSP for it!

Fossil
Jul 25, 2005, 11:48 AM
The same game on a portable doesn't interest me.

ulyoth
Jul 25, 2005, 07:38 PM
Id like episode 3 on the DS, now that would be cool.

J3553
Jul 26, 2005, 01:45 AM
On 2005-07-25 17:38, ulyoth wrote:
Id like episode 3 on the DS, now that would be cool.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif That would work very well. I'd probably play a DS version of Episode III a lot more than the GC version.

WaFFels08
Jul 26, 2005, 09:52 AM
iwould like episode 5 for the ds that would pwn

Ryna
Jul 26, 2005, 09:58 AM
On 2005-07-26 07:52, WaFFels08 wrote:

I doubt you'll see Episode 5 come out on the DS...

Anyways, are you supposed to be the original poster's long-lost brother? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sef
Jul 26, 2005, 10:14 AM
On 2005-07-26 07:58, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-07-26 07:52, WaFFels08 wrote:

I doubt you'll see Episode 5 come out on the DS...

Anyways, are you supposed to be the original poster's long-lost brother? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

There's a 3rd one too. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

PJ
Jul 26, 2005, 11:24 AM
On 2005-07-25 09:40, DLShAdOw wrote:

I don't think this person has even touched a DS >_>

Anyways, the point is, I think most people would agree that PSO should stop... regenerating.

In the original PSU trailers, it had 2 questions as to what it was

"Phantasy Star Online 2?"
"Phantasy Star 5?"

Now, at this point, I think it's pretty obvious that PSU is PSO2. So maybe they could make a Phantasy Star 5 for the DS? Either a turn-based game much akin to Phantasy Star 1-4, or a real time much like PSO. I like the idea of either one, I'd just like to see a PS5 for the DS.

Rubius-sama
Jul 26, 2005, 02:21 PM
PSO/PSU can't run on Nintendo 64 specs. You should have asked if anyone would get PSP if PSO came out for it. Would have made more sense. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rubius-sama
Jul 26, 2005, 02:24 PM
On 2005-07-26 09:24, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

In the original PSU trailers, it had 2 questions as to what it was

"Phantasy Star Online 2?"
"Phantasy Star 5?"

In one of the trailers, it did say "The first major offline Phantasy Star game in more than a decade."

Whatever that means. It could be either way, or right in the middle (most likely).

ulyoth
Jul 26, 2005, 03:39 PM
We dont want PSO again. A new PS game would suffice.

DLShAdOw
Jul 26, 2005, 04:36 PM
On 2005-07-26 09:24, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

On 2005-07-25 09:40, DLShAdOw wrote:

I don't think this person has even touched a DS >_>

Not True!!! I've played DS and i don't like it at all!
Now i haven't played a PSP, but I've seen someone play it and I'm sure that a ps_ game would be great on it.

TheOneHero
Jul 26, 2005, 05:08 PM
On 2005-07-26 14:36, DLShAdOw wrote:
Now i haven't played a PSP, but I've seen someone play it and I'm sure that a ps_ game would be great on it.

http://cad-comic.com/?t=archives&date=2005-02-05

Lol.

Thalui89
Jul 26, 2005, 05:17 PM
I think a pso on ds would be a nice idea, would certainly be interesting. Graphics would have to be drastically cut but graphicsare just extra's in games i ca play 2d games longer than some 3d ones...

ulyoth
Jul 27, 2005, 06:18 AM
On 2005-07-26 15:08, TheOneHero wrote:

On 2005-07-26 14:36, DLShAdOw wrote:

http://cad-comic.com/?t=archives&date=2005-02-05

Lol.

That guy cant say anything, very baised towards Xbox.

digigram
Jul 27, 2005, 08:24 AM
please guys don't turn this into a ds vs psp thread.. we really dont need another one of those.

Anyways, the point is, I think most people would agree that PSO should stop... regenerating.

totally agree with you.

although, under DS specs, I could honestly say that some sort of additional PSO side game that interfaces with plus would be interesting.. like some form of MAG game that acts like a pokemon game. so you can raise mags and dump them on your character on GC.

however.. psp could easily run a upped resolution version of the dreamcast version (somewhere between GC and DC) ... it can definately handle higher resolution textures and higher poly models, they would probably have to re-design the tech effects (because psp has really amazing particle effects)..

but the main words in the above speculation is "re-design", which is something sonic team could NEVER be assed to do. only copies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2005-07-27 06:28 ]</font>

Kalier
Jul 27, 2005, 12:08 PM
first off, stop saying the DS sucks. Sure, i'll agree, none of it's good titles are out yet(such as Castlevania Dawn of Sorrows), but it doesn't suck. course, it's also not nintendo's 'next gen' handheld, it was just an experiment, they have the money to waste occasionally.

Anyways, the only PSO game i wouldn't mind seeing on the DS is episode 3, other than that, it's been ground into the dust basically, sega doesn't know when to let it stay down and just make something new. Sure, PSU is coming up and that's new, but they still have Blue Burst.

Though, i have heard there are PSO-ish RPGs coming out on DS and PSP, though i can't recall the names at this point.

Luis
Jul 29, 2005, 09:17 PM
Kalier and Digi are totally right

The DS hardware its very decent, and i wont say that the PSP doesnt have a good hardware but a good point for the DS its that his hardware its 100% made for games only, cant say that for PSP and that may be the reason that the PSP its more expensive than the DS.
(ill get a i-pod if i want some music)

But its the developers idea that could bring a surprise to us, maybe nobody on this forum got an idea that how PSO could merge into the DS, but someone on the desing labs does, and there you go your surprise.

Anyhow most of the times, that kind of ideas takes long time before starting to developing, it maybe would take a 200 pages thread for making one great idea for a game ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE.

adamgnome104
Jul 30, 2005, 12:11 AM
DS owns, Gumby game, Snoopy game, A Boy and His Blob sequal, a NEW Super Mario Bros game, a multiplayer Super Mario 64... >_<

PSO would be nice on the DS! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eihwaz
Jul 30, 2005, 12:31 AM
Eh, I won't get a DS until they have at least a couple of solid games that are more than elaborate minigames. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is one of them, and a Zelda title of some kind would be another.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to some kind of Phantasy Star game on DS, but not somehting like any PSO we have currently. =/

Kalier
Jul 30, 2005, 12:54 AM
i myself have a DS, but it's nothing more than a fancy alarm clock(and occasional GBA) at the moment. when a few of the games(xenosaga, castlevania, Final Fantasy 3, Crystal Chronicles, and others) release on it, i'll actually buy some games for it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 30, 2005, 01:07 AM
I would buy a DS if they made some more colors already! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I don't particularly want to drop $150 for it when I don't much like the colors of grey and dark blue.

PSO on DS could be interesting if made(and like everyone has said, a big if), albeit very cluttered.

And you know all they would use the second screen for will be a map. Heh, all kidding aside, I do think it would be very cluttered with all the inventory menus, movement, and actions relegated to one screen and the 6 buttons and D-Pad. They would have to make it less complex, and that might equate to less fun/addictiveness.

The only two current games that interest me are Kirby and Meteos, and those don't exactly scream to go out and buy a DS right now for them.
But if there was a neon green DS, maybe.