PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Stag
Aug 15, 2002, 12:14 AM
Well I haven't been on for awhile (me being retired and all) so do you think that since PSO is coming out for gc and xbox that v2 for dc will be free? I don't know if sega already said it would be or not but I was just wondering what everyone else thought

Ian D
Aug 15, 2002, 12:57 AM
Aren't they eventually taking v2 offline? I heard that somewhere, could be a rumor but since they already took off 4 ships it sounds probable.

Coran_Horn
Aug 15, 2002, 01:07 AM
why would they bother to even keep the DC servers up let alone make them free? The DC is dead and PSO is on new systems. Logically it won't happen.

HarleyQuinn
Aug 15, 2002, 04:38 AM
I had heard from somewhere that Sega intends keeping the remaining DC servers online until late next year.

I'm not sure whether it's true or not though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SS_Death
Aug 15, 2002, 06:37 AM
Hold on, they aren't gonna drop the DC quite yet. At least not until the European release of Eps I & II.

If they do then I for one won't get Eps I & II!

Daikarin
Aug 15, 2002, 06:58 AM
Yeah, I believe DC servers will still be up for a while.

At least I HOPE they will...

Neogame2
Aug 15, 2002, 07:09 AM
You should find that the jap and US servers will close soon after the release of the GC PSO, Europe will have theirs til next xmas when the new version is release, thats the general knowledge being passed around.

RavenTW
Aug 15, 2002, 08:19 AM
I heard it was at the end of this year. Stupid rumors!

Shadow_Blade
Aug 15, 2002, 08:31 AM
Well I think that they are not closing the dc ver yet because they didnt close ALL the ships. Only some, thus, they still have plans for ver 2...I think http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Kent
Aug 15, 2002, 01:25 PM
We'll just have to wait and see what's in store for PSO.

Ian D
Aug 15, 2002, 01:42 PM
On 2002-08-15 11:25, Kent wrote:
We'll just have to wait and see what's in store for PSO.

Yeah... but it's so fun discussing rumors.

ITO
Aug 16, 2002, 01:07 AM
Umm, I think Sega is indeed shutting them off in a few months. I dont get why they still have them up, they just wasting their time, probably 90%+ of the people dont play no more.

Parn
Aug 16, 2002, 01:28 AM
They're keeping them up because if they took them all down, whiny Dreamcast owners would start pitching a fit and starting some kind of internet crusade to kill the evil corporation that is Sega.

masteryodacsf
Aug 21, 2002, 03:58 PM
I doubt the GC version will be free being Sega made a killing off of dummies like myself from v2. They will keep the dc servers up until they bleed us dry from Ep 1 & 2...

cloud421
Aug 21, 2002, 04:11 PM
i cant wait for PSO ep 1 and 2... why does it have to be released mid october???? why cant it be like... spetember 1st or something!!! i would have imported it but its all sold out at nscx.com or wahtever. can anyone give me any other sites that will import?

TedEdFred
Aug 21, 2002, 04:29 PM
I hope they keep them up for awhile yet.

NoeGenisis
Aug 21, 2002, 05:21 PM
I heard(read) that the European servers will be down and out at Christmas, i believe this as they are shutting down us and jap ships, so surly euro isnt to far behind.