PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga: The Animation

Blitzkommando
Jul 25, 2005, 02:47 AM
Wow, just watched all of the episodes (currently out)... It got really tough those last 2 or 3 episodes. Currently only episodes 1-12 are out. I don't know if anyone else has watched it but it is really good. There are some innaccuracies between the animation and the game but... well, I don't want to spoil either story.

I will say this though, this show is one of the times I can see a grown man cry. Damn machoness, and realize the meanings and emotions of everything. A good thing about it is there are none of those screechy-voiced women that seem to pop up randomly in anime. It is just a very touching story, full of emotion. Oh, yeah, and as an excuse to you macho men who still refuse to cry, there are plenty of battle scenes. My only hope is that there is going to be another season of the show, at least.

Just so you know, the current shows just the first game. I cannot find confirmation of another season though, or any more episodes being planned. Any word otherwise would not only be welcome, but very appreciated.

Sharkyland
Jul 25, 2005, 02:50 AM
I think my friend thinks it's okay. I don't want to watch it because I don't like Xenosaga that much.

KodiaX987
Jul 25, 2005, 06:33 AM
Watched the thing, got repetitive after a while. Gnosis attacks, citizens die, omg omg omg wut we r gunna do lolz, then Kos-Mos pops out of nowhere and blows everything up. Rinse and repeat.

Somehow, this is one of the few Animes that would've benefited from being longer. The story seems overall rushed and too fast-paced, and we're left to fight some kind of random maniac while being given little to no information aabout Gnosis.

My first Xenosaga download was, by mistake, an arrangement of all the cutscenes from the game. And, comparing the game one to the Anime one, I can easily see the artists didn't have to do much job on storyline. This is too bad, because an Anime doesn't come with a manual with the backstory written in it. That's gotta be put into the Anime!

Rubius-sama
Jul 25, 2005, 07:51 AM
As a huge fan of Xenogears, I think the Xenosaga series blows. Big time. I never wanna get near any more sagas after playing the first one on ps2.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 26, 2005, 02:30 AM
Its the same team that did Xenogears. The problem was no music. They fixed that in episode 2.