PDA

View Full Version : My letter to ST regarding PSO BB which they won't even read.

ADE
Jul 25, 2005, 05:48 AM
Today marks the second billing date for those who continued to play after the Beta.

I cancelled my account on July 8th, and I know many others who have refused to pay for anymore PSO sans Ultimate difficulty.

I'm simply telling you right now ST: I'll sign back up the very day you release Ultimate. I'm betting there's going to be a sharp decline in players after today, due to the number of people who simply cannot progress any further. It takes 83 million experiences points to hit level 200, and in over 200 hours of just Vhard, I'm not quite at 6 million. With only vhard avaiable, it would take YEARS for a player to hit level 200. I simply can't pay for something so boring.

Don't tell me to start new characters or raise more mags, I already did. I simply need something new to do in order to hold an interest in the game.

Regards,

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 25, 2005, 06:36 AM
Always good to take a break from things, especially when they take soo much out of you.

Also this is a very valid reason to do so.

Just keep in touch with your team/regular online buddies?

PJ
Jul 25, 2005, 06:58 AM
And frankly, I don't know how anyone can get 6 million EXP with only Very Hard, in only a couple months. >_> That's, what, level 120? Around?

I don't know how anyone managed to stay while it was still normal and hard ._.

Although I am a little worried, has ST even announced Ultimate or Challenge mode?

Tomeeboy
Jul 25, 2005, 12:51 PM
Heh, I haven't quite reached the point where I need Ultimate, but I didn't start playing until last weekend. I imagine that I will be getting close in the next week or two. It is a bit weird that they would keep it locked if there are people that could be playing it already. I didn't play the JP version of BB, but did they do anything similar with that?

Arislan
Jul 25, 2005, 01:14 PM
They opened Ultimate with a certain number of kills in a Max Attack quest that they brought out (Max Attack 2 I think?)

In any case, if you're having a hard time levelling without Ultimate, consider that even *with* Ultimate in V2, it still took those that DID reach 200 over a year or so with a single character.

Skorpius
Jul 25, 2005, 01:24 PM
Make another character.
Play other games.

Easy solutions to your problem.

ADE
Jul 25, 2005, 01:51 PM
In any case, if you're having a hard time levelling without Ultimate, consider that even *with* Ultimate in V2, it still took those that DID reach 200 over a year or so with a single character.

I hit level 200 in 8 months with Ultimate playing at an average pace on GameCube, the required EXP was 83 million. The required EXP for a lv 200 on v2 was 100 million, so it would have taken about 1/4 longer. So it would have taken 10 months. The requirement was a bit more, but is wasn't THAT much more.

CupOfCoffee
Jul 25, 2005, 03:17 PM
It was really hard to hit 200 on Version 2, though. Evasion was useless, because even a group of Arlans could swarm kill a Lv200 melee character easily, and bosses gave crap EXP. Dark Falz was only around 7k.

But still, you're right. It's not like it was impossible to get to 200 on V2.

Daikarin
Jul 26, 2005, 05:51 AM
Whoa, now. From what I've read in ADE's post, you can only go to Ultimate whenever your char's level reaches lvl 200!?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 26, 2005, 06:18 AM
On 2005-07-26 03:51, Even_Jin wrote:
Whoa, now. From what I've read in ADE's post, you can only go to Ultimate whenever your char's level reaches lvl 200!?

No, Ultimate is not out yet on (English language) BB.

That is all. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also, what kind of cut off date does BB have for keeping your characters on the server after cancelling an HL? Is it very short? Or in cases like this do you have to continue paying month to month just to keep your characters?

ADE
Jul 26, 2005, 05:22 PM
Your characters will remain intact up to 80 days after you cancel.

Eihwaz
Jul 26, 2005, 07:07 PM
That's good, seeing as how ST has now announced Ultimate for Blue Burst...