PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Dave Williams

ImStillBetterThanU
Aug 15, 2002, 02:40 AM
For those of you who do not know, Dave Williams, the lead singer of Drowning Pool, was found dead in the back of his tour bus Wednesday afternoon, the cause of death is unknown. From what I heard murder is a possibility. This is truly horrible horrible news, and I'm saddened by the fact that the band will never be the same again, and that the world has lost a great person.

BobJones
Aug 15, 2002, 02:46 AM
Even though I am not a fan of Drowning Pool, I still think it's very sad for the loss of Mr. Williams. It's a horrible thing to happen to someone like him. I wish the best for his family, friends, and fellow members of Drowning Pool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BobJones on 2002-08-15 00:46 ]</font>

Guile
Aug 15, 2002, 03:11 AM
wow thats so sad..I'm not a fan either but the guy had to of been young...man I hope his love ones get through this ok

ABDUR101
Aug 15, 2002, 03:27 AM
It's sad when anyone dies.

RavenTW
Aug 15, 2002, 08:04 AM
I HATE Drowning Pool, but like Abdur said, it is said when a person dies, especially by murder. After something like this, the band might just dissolve. my deepest condolences to his friends and family, and to all the world who knew him.

Shadow_Blade
Aug 15, 2002, 08:52 AM
I'm still sad about the whole Kurt Colbane thing. And now this? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ian D
Aug 15, 2002, 09:44 AM
Geez, that's really sad news to start my day off. I hope the band can pull through, though it will never be the same.

vashthestampede8480
Aug 15, 2002, 10:34 PM
Alas... I've never heard of Drowning Pool. I've always hated when people die. So many relatives in my family have died. My grandmother has been gone for almost a year and she would have been 88 today. The worst death in my family was having my cousin die of a disease no one has heard of at the age of 6 and have people from school make fun of me about it. he would've been 14 goimg on 15.

WourmGirl
Aug 16, 2002, 12:36 AM
Dave Williams: Wourmy Salutes you!!!!!!!

I didn't even know what was goin on til my bf told me about it, aside from J.B., Drowning Pool was my last concert. I was looking forward to seeing them at ozzfest but i couldn't go. It really sucks that such a good singer had to die. I haven't heard about murder... I heard it was a drug overdose.

Rylios
Aug 16, 2002, 09:21 AM
i hears it was due to too much alcohol but anyways god rest his soul

OMAR
Aug 16, 2002, 02:24 PM
i dont know how the band will pul through this because he wasa good singer and a unique voice......sad me am indeed http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

mwseifer
Aug 17, 2002, 11:48 AM
hmm, i never liked dave williams, i detested drowning pool, still it's a shame that another person died, i think, but basically i don't care about it.
and here are my other thoughts;

We're tiny, we're toony, we're all a little looney,
And in this cartoony, we're invading your TV!
We're comic dispensers, we crack up all the censors,
On TINY TOON ADVENTURES get a dose of comedy!

So here's Acme Acres, it's a whole wide world apart,
Our home sweet home, it stands alone, a cartoon work of art!
The scripts were rejected, expect the unexpected
On TINY TOON ADVENTURES -- it's about to start!

They're furry, they're funny, they're Babs and Buster Bunny,
Montana Max has money, Elmyra is a pain!
Here's Hamton and Plucky, Dizzy Devil's yucky,
Furrball's unlucky, and Gogo is insane!

At Acme Looniversity we earn our toon degree,
The teaching staff's been getting laughs since 1933!
We're tiny, we're toony, we're all a little looney,
It's TINY TOON ADVENTURES, come and join the fun!

... and now our song is done!"

R.I.P. David Williams

Ness
Aug 17, 2002, 12:56 PM
On 2002-08-15 01:27, ABDUR101 wrote:
It's sad when anyone dies.

That's absolutely true. Like when a person who was in my school band died in a plane crash.

Strider_Gren
Aug 17, 2002, 07:38 PM
What's sad is when bums die. Does anyone mourn their loss?

ABDUR101
Aug 17, 2002, 11:30 PM
...I just said it's sad when "anyone dies". Thus, I don't care if they're a rock singer or a bum, they still died. No one is more important than another.

OMAR
Aug 17, 2002, 11:32 PM
i would think god is more important than anyone else....but yes abdur is correct...though to me i think it is sadder when a family member dies than someone you dont know...which could then be like one is more important....

Ziggy-san
Aug 18, 2002, 08:32 PM
Usually it's threads like this I stay away from, because death is a difficult thing for me to talk about, and I usually can't tell whether I'm being respectful or not by what I say...

But Drowning Pool was a great band, and it's truly depressing to see something like this happen to the world of music. Music is most of my life. When a part of music dies, a part of myself dies, silently.

Crap...I'm getting all poetic again...Dave will be greatly missed, and Drowning Pool won't ever be the same. However, there's nothing that could be done now, so we're just going to have to move on with our lives, especially those who were nearest to him. That's what I think, at least.

Rest In Peace, Dave Williams
http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/d/Drowning_Pool/sq-dave-ozzfest-02-nice-cu-avc.jpg