PDA

View Full Version : Double Saber Type Weapons

cloud421
Aug 15, 2002, 10:49 AM
i am looking for some help. i read an FAQ at gamefaqs and it said stag cultery can be found in very hard forest and in the fake in yellow quest. it also said that double saber can be found in very hard mines. i have found one there before, but i cant seem to find one now. i have no idea where i can find a twin brand. please help!

BY THE WAY i am bluefull if that helps at all

Daikarin
Aug 15, 2002, 11:35 AM
I think that you can find TWIN BRANDs with the ORAN ID on Very hard Ruins and Mines, but only after 300 hours of gameplay.

cloud421
Aug 15, 2002, 11:42 AM
i hvae 112 hours logged and im bluefull.... i should be able to find a double saber in mines. i think.

cloud421
Aug 15, 2002, 11:46 AM
darn i dont think i can get stag cultery... i think only whitills can get them. and twin brands are only oran... darn...

Triple-S
Aug 15, 2002, 01:24 PM
Twin Brands can be found with ORAN ID in very hard ruins. And NO, you don't need over 300 hours of gameplay. My first Twin Brand with Oran ID only came in 60 hours, 2nd in 90 hours. You will eventually find one if you play vhard ruins constantly with ORAN ID. In vhard mines, Double Saber is also common with ORAN.

Yes, With Bluefull, you can also find Double Sabers in vhard mines. You can also find Soul Banish in vhard ruins. I also found a Durandal in vhard caves (from Pan Arms) in the same game that I found a Soul Banish in (offline).

For Stag Cutlery, it is very easy for Section A IDs to find it in Ultimate Forest 1 boxes. If you want one, I can always get a legit one for you. I actually have 2 spares ones that I don't need.

cloud421
Aug 15, 2002, 01:48 PM
i cant play online right now... i have cable so i cant get online. should i buy version 2? its only 20 bucks and it seems a lot better.

cloud421
Aug 15, 2002, 01:52 PM
does it matter what miens i look for a double saber in?

cloud421
Aug 15, 2002, 02:18 PM
does it matter what miens i look for a double saber in?

TheWhiteShadow
Aug 15, 2002, 02:33 PM
As far as I have seen (being Whitill), I can find a Double-Saber in VHard mines without trying. The other twins are not likely to be found by me, but you never know.

cloud421
Aug 15, 2002, 03:31 PM
i cant get enough of those varistas and db sabers!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

cloud421
Aug 15, 2002, 04:00 PM
should i buy version 2 from ebgames.com for $20 while i wait for episode I&II? my current char is already level 55 so i wont have to worry about starting a new one. replies aprreiciated. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Daikarin
Aug 16, 2002, 06:14 AM
If you're planning to buy EpI&II now's not the right time for you to spend your money in ver.2. Save it for later.

Monsmag
Aug 16, 2002, 06:28 AM
Bluefull can find Double Sabers in VH Caves.
Or at least i found one in VH Caves

NoeGenisis
Aug 19, 2002, 02:51 PM
I find Double sabers in vhard caves and Stags in Ultimate Forest. I am a skyly, really would like a twin brand though!!!!! hint hint

Daikarin
Aug 20, 2002, 04:24 AM
On 2002-08-15 11:24, Triple-S wrote:
Twin Brands can be found with ORAN ID in very hard ruins. And NO, you don't need over 300 hours of gameplay. My first Twin Brand with Oran ID only came in 60 hours, 2nd in 90 hours. You will eventually find one if you play vhard ruins constantly with ORAN ID.

Well, You're right, but the odds of getting a TWIN BRAND rise as the game time increases, I think. I mean, it's tougher to find a TWIN BRAND in mines with around 60 hours than if 300, but not impossible.

EDIT:
*Runs off to DC*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2002-08-20 02:27 ]</font>

Neogame2
Aug 20, 2002, 07:19 AM
If ur able to get into Ultimate u will be able to find stags in the forest area.

Triple-S
Aug 20, 2002, 02:47 PM
On 2002-08-20 02:24, New Ultimate wrote:

Well, You're right, but the odds of getting a TWIN BRAND rise as the game time increases, I think. I mean, it's tougher to find a TWIN BRAND in mines with around 60 hours than if 300, but not impossible.

EDIT:
*Runs off to DC*

Consider this. I have two ORAN characters (one V1 with 240 hours, other V2 with ~800 hours) and both have found two twin brands before they reached the 100 hour mark. I have now found 5 in total. Trust me, it ain't as rare as you think with having low number of hours. Having more number of hours doesn't make it any easier. The weapon is as rare as 60 hours compared to 300 hours. Maybe it is hard for you to find it because you are playing in mines. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif With ORAN id, play in vhard ruins. It will pop up soon or later.

Daikarin
Aug 21, 2002, 08:42 AM
Consider this. I have two ORAN characters (one V1 with 240 hours, other V2 with ~800 hours) and both have found two twin brands before they reached the 100 hour mark. I have now found 5 in total. Trust me, it ain't as rare as you think with having low number of hours. Having more number of hours doesn't make it any easier. The weapon is as rare as 60 hours compared to 300 hours. Maybe it is hard for you to find it because you are playing in mines. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif With ORAN id, play in vhard ruins. It will pop up soon or later.

Ah... once again, NEW screws up. I meant "ruins" instead of "mines". Anyway, thanks for the tip.

*Runs back to DC*

Daikarin
Aug 21, 2002, 08:44 AM
On 2002-08-20 05:19, Neogame2 wrote:
If ur able to get into Ultimate u will be able to find stags in the forest area.

Thanks for the help, but that's only for type A section IDs, and I'm an ORAN, type B...

*Goes back to DC*

cloud421
Aug 21, 2002, 04:09 PM
what are all section A IDs? and B?

Daikarin
Aug 21, 2002, 05:19 PM
I dunno by certain, but all the Sec ID are divided into Type A and B. If you check it out, you can see something like:

New Ultimate ORAN (Type B)

Check for a FAQ that can list that

NoeGenisis
Aug 21, 2002, 05:43 PM
On 2002-08-20 12:47, Triple-S wrote:

On 2002-08-20 02:24, New Ultimate wrote:

EDIT:
*Runs off to DC*

hey dude if you have 5 can i trade 1 or buy 1? desperate for a twin brand

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NoeGenisis on 2002-08-21 15:46 ]</font>

Triple-S
Aug 21, 2002, 05:53 PM
Section A IDs
Yellowboze
Viridia
Skyly
Purplenum
Redria

Finds Stag Cutlery (F1 boxes) and Ancient Sabers (Gulgus) in ultimate forest

Section B IDs
Oran
Whitill
Greennill
Bluefull
Pinkal

Finds Silence Claws (F1 boxes) and Red Saber (Gulgus) in ultimate forest

Both A and B sections also finds Red Handguns and Victor Axe (F2 boxes) in ultimate forest

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triple-S on 2002-08-21 15:54 ]</font>

Triple-S
Aug 21, 2002, 06:18 PM
On 2002-08-21 15:43, NoeGenisis wrote:

hey dude if you have 5 can i trade 1 or buy 1? desperate for a twin brand

PM me with what you are willing to part with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triple-S on 2002-08-21 16:20 ]</font>

cloud421
Aug 21, 2002, 07:26 PM
whats with this new HP/TP/XP thing on the left side under our pictures?

TedEdFred
Aug 21, 2002, 11:14 PM
Bluefull will find Double Saber in caves and Photon Claw in Mines.

I've found 1 twin brand with my oran character in a v.hard ruins box, 1st room.

cloud421
Aug 22, 2002, 03:47 PM
awesome thanks!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

cloud421
Aug 22, 2002, 04:16 PM
ARGH i never find special weps in caves in v hard.... i say again, whats with the new HP/TP/EXP thing next to the posts (under our names and pictures)

rena-ko
Sep 1, 2002, 05:37 AM
for the bars, check this:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31322&forum=6&57

Shigecki
Sep 11, 2002, 11:45 PM
I don't know what the big deal about the double sabre is, I'm ORAG and I found one in normal forest my first time playing, with good % on it, so forget what they are saying about vhard and all. They suck anyway, weak ass weapon.

Triple-S
Sep 12, 2002, 06:03 PM
On 2002-09-11 21:45, Shigecki wrote:
I don't know what the big deal about the double sabre is, I'm ORAG and I found one in normal forest my first time playing, with good % on it, so forget what they are saying about vhard and all. They suck anyway, weak ass weapon.

Now there is a first. I hope you are not confusing "Saber" with a "DOUBLE SABER". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You can find "DOUBLE SABER" in normal mode. Best chance are in Ruins. But in Forest and in your first time through it? Hmmm.

Now, no one said only place to find a Double Saber is in vhard mode. Everyone knows that vhard is the easiest difficulty to find it in and that is what people in this topic are suggesting.

Finally, alot of people want double saber type of weapons (double saber, stag cutlery, twin brand, etc) for novelty. They don't care if it sucks or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triple-S on 2002-09-12 16:08 ]</font>

Shigecki
Sep 12, 2002, 07:28 PM
On 2002-09-12 16:03, Triple-S wrote:
[quote]
On 2002-09-11 21:45, Shigecki wrote:

Now there is a first. I hope you are not confusing "Saber" with a "DOUBLE SABER". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You can find "DOUBLE SABER" in normal mode. Best chance are in Ruins. But in Forest and in your first time through it? Hmmm.

No, I was talking about the double sabre. I know the difference between the two. I found it on my first run through the forest in normal, trust me, it shocked the hell out of me, I'd never seen one before, kind of made me laugh, such a weak weapon to double up. I found plenty of stags before, so a double sabre made me laugh, but trust me, found the thing the first time I ran through normal forest, the sabre with two baldes on each end, I do know thw difference.