PDA

View Full Version : DC freezes every 15 minutes o_o

Lightbringer
Aug 15, 2002, 12:43 PM
Aight, so i'm skipping down lollipop lane with my FOmarl, and ONO, my DC freezes >_<
is this the so called "BSOD", or just an overheating problem?
And i've tried leaving my DC on for up to an hour after the freeze for it to save, but no luck >_<

Ian D
Aug 23, 2002, 11:54 PM
Is it a used DC, because my friend got a used one and the reason that it kept freezing up about every 15-30 minutes was because there was food jammed in it. Check it out, but if it is used I don't think you should take it apart and check because you should be able to return it for a different one. If it's not used, just clean it up and see if it helps. And of course check the fan but I think you already did that since you know about overheating.

RavenTW
Aug 24, 2002, 12:06 AM
Or you may just have bad luck and run into a FSODer every 15 minutes.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 24, 2002, 12:26 AM
BSOD is when the screen is overlayed with black, which was a version 1 problem that could be solved by disconnecting. So, I don't think that's your problem if you're frozen.
If the screen is frozen, there isn't much you can do =x. Are you getting frozen on pioneer 2, in the lobby, or in game? Malicious users can freeze your DC while you're in the lobby or on Pioneer 2, at the very least to my knowing.