PDA

View Full Version : 2 new classes

cloud421
Aug 15, 2002, 04:10 PM
i read at sega.com a while ago that there would be 2 new classes in addition to the current 3. i know this is probly just a mistake, but i was just wondering. if there were two new classes, what would they be????

cloud421
Aug 15, 2002, 04:11 PM
heres the site if you want it...

http://www.sega.com/games/gamecube/post_gamecube1look.jhtml;jsessionid=B0SHELRDZTRJKC RSBUFCNHAKGIGRIMS5?article=1look_psoiandii

Ian D
Aug 15, 2002, 06:09 PM
I think you misread it, originally they only said there would be two new classes before introducing the FOmar. It's a simple mistake, but it's been said a bunch of times here.

Dangerous55
Aug 16, 2002, 12:17 AM
ARmar is coming back to kick arse.

cloud421
Aug 16, 2002, 12:31 AM
whats that?

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Aug 16, 2002, 02:41 AM
It would be tight if that duck thingy was a class.......I wouldn't make it though.

Kent
Aug 16, 2002, 08:45 AM
On 2002-08-15 16:09, Y0SHI wrote:
originally they only said there would be two new classes before introducing the FOmar.

Actually, it was before introducing the RAmarl.

ginko990
Aug 16, 2002, 10:21 AM
yea kent, tell 'em whats what

Ian D
Aug 16, 2002, 11:01 AM
On 2002-08-16 06:45, Kent wrote:

On 2002-08-15 16:09, Y0SHI wrote:
originally they only said there would be two new classes before introducing the FOmar.

Actually, it was before introducing the RAmarl.

Yeah I was just guessing, I forgot which pictures were blurred before. ANYWAYS, it doesn't make much difference now.

Dangerous55
Aug 16, 2002, 12:00 PM
On 2002-08-15 22:31, cloud421 wrote:
whats that?

ARmar is the male human archer, dont worry, SEGA will include him in time...

Davion
Aug 17, 2002, 08:51 PM
This is a direct quote from Sega.com

An upgraded character creation mechanism gives you seemingly infinite customization options, including choice of hair style, skin color, clothing, face, and even height and width. The three main character classes of previous PSO games are available here, each with a new, fourth being to choose from. There are also two brand new classes, giving you a slew of new characters to select and mold into your identity of choice.

See that? They mention the HUcaseal, FOmar, and RAmarl, but then they say there are 2 new !!CLASSES!! They're saying it outright. They would have to be lying otherwise.

RedFox
Aug 18, 2002, 08:55 AM
only time will tell then i guess... btw... anyone know an EU release date yet?

sonicblue
Aug 18, 2002, 08:57 AM
They don't mention all three, they mention the three original classes of characecters--Hunter, Ranger and Force. Then they say there are two new characters: FOmar and HUcaseal are the ones they speak of.

RAmarl was not introduced until after they had announced the first two.

cloud421
Aug 18, 2002, 11:27 AM
On 2002-08-17 18:51, Davion wrote:
This is a direct quote from Sega.com

An upgraded character creation mechanism gives you seemingly infinite customization options, including choice of hair style, skin color, clothing, face, and even height and width. The three main character classes of previous PSO games are available here, each with a new, fourth being to choose from. There are also two brand new classes, giving you a slew of new characters to select and mold into your identity of choice.

See that? They mention the HUcaseal, FOmar, and RAmarl, but then they say there are 2 new !!CLASSES!! They're saying it outright. They would have to be lying otherwise.

they clearly state that there is a fourth being to choose from from the original 3 classes... then they say there are 2 new classes. SEGA said 2 new classes, why is everyone like NO THEY ARE WRONG. SEGA know more than us. SONIC TEAM is a part of SEGA i think SEGA knows what they are talking about. I still dont know what the classes would be if there are though.

Davion
Aug 18, 2002, 02:24 PM
On 2002-08-18 06:57, sonicblue wrote:
They don't mention all three, they mention the three original classes of characecters--Hunter, Ranger and Force. Then they say there are two new characters: FOmar and HUcaseal are the ones they speak of.

RAmarl was not introduced until after they had announced the first two.

They do mention the three new beings for the HU, RA, and FO classes, but not by name that's not what I was saying.

Rubesahl
Aug 21, 2002, 09:12 PM
I think it clearly says that there will be two new character classes.

"The three main character classes of previous PSO games are available here, each with a new, fourth being to choose from. (they say each class that PSO on DC had will aquire 1 more character) There are also two brand new classes(says two brand new classes, not reffering to infor above), giving you a slew of new characters to select and mold into your identity of choice. "

I see it very possible of it being true. It may also be an error. Like someone here said, time will tell :/

cloud421
Aug 21, 2002, 10:18 PM
it sure will. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kenks23
Aug 21, 2002, 10:20 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HarleyQuinn
Aug 22, 2002, 04:13 AM
I could be wrong but I don't think there'll be any more new characters other than the HUcaseal, RAmarl and FOmar.

The box art only depicts these three new characters (along with all the old favourites) and I haven't seen any screenshots of the GC PSO trial version that show anything other than these characters. The trial version allowed Sonic Team to let the public help beta test the game. If no-one who's played this has seen any new characters then it's highly likely that they're not in the final version.

The only evidence that there is a further two new classes comes from the press release on the Sega site, which I get the feeling was probably written by a copywriter who hasn't a full understanding of PSO.

Saying that, let's hope I'm wrong! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

sonicblue
Aug 22, 2002, 06:41 PM
Ok, I was wrong. I went back and I read the site and I was confused by the wording. I was using the wrong definition of "being." I didn't know they meant "being" as in an actual life-form. Now it makes more sense and I realize why everyone thinks there will be two more classes.

Two classes however would refer to things such as Archers, Summoners, Thiefs and the like. None of which I forsee becoming a part of PSO. So I think it's merely an error on the website. Too think that Sonic Team has kept two new character classes completely hidden and secret till now is crazy. Besides, wasn't the game already reviewed in Japan? Which means they played the final version, yet no reports of new classes.

I would've suggested that it could possibly be NPC's, but the page specifically says they can be selected. Oh well, it's more than likely just a mix-up in information on SOA's part.

Davion
Aug 22, 2002, 06:55 PM
Maybe the "2 new classes" will be secret characters that you have to unlock or something. Maybe they could be something like a cross between a Hunter and a Ranger, a class that can use some Hunter weapons and some Ranger weapons. Something like that.

cloud421
Aug 22, 2002, 10:44 PM
what i was thinking would be cool would be like a ninja (stealthy, can turn invisible for a short peiod of time) and a summoner (you know what i mean.... not hard.)