PDA

View Full Version : NEW TO PSO? Look here first!

Agent_Reav
Aug 15, 2002, 09:54 PM
I posted this on the GAMEFAQS board... Enjoy!

What is PSO like?

It's a beat em up set in the Phantasy Star universe. You have a normal, strong, and special physical attack as well as access to magic (unless you're a robot). Basically wave after wave of monsters come at you and you destroy them to gain experience and level up in order to be strong enough to move on. It is in many ways like Diablo 2 but without any coherent story...

What kind of weapons can I use?

You have Star Wars type weapons like lightsabers (sabers), blaster rifles (plasma handgun), etc. But you can also get many other types of weapons... Everything from a Panzerfaust (WW2 Rocket Launcher) to a huge "Battle" fan.

How many people can I play with?

You can play with 3 other people for a grand total of 4 players per game. You can also hang out in the lobby with many more people (not sure of a number but I'd say 30).

Ok sounds great now how much will it cost?

Kind of pricey...

$49.99 PSO GC Game Disc
$30 56k or Broadband Adapter
$15 Tri-Monthly Fee (This is the absolute max they can charge you for a 3 month period but it's usually a little less.)

--Optional but Recommended Equipment--

$60 ASCII Gamepad/Keyboard

Total including optional equipment: $154.99

I know it looks expensive but at least we know the annoying hacker types will prolly not fork down the same large hunk of cash to play!

IF YOU WANNA ADD ANYTHING JUST POST BELOW I'LL SLOWLY COMBINE ALL YOUR INFO AND SUGGESTIONS INTO ONE LARGE FAQ TO BE POSTED ON THIS SITE.

Thanks!

Darrin
Aug 15, 2002, 10:45 PM
What is PSO like?

It's a beat em up set in the Phantasy Star universe. You have a normal, strong, and special physical attack as well as access to magic (unless you're a robot). Basically wave after wave of monsters come at you and you destroy them to gain experience and level up in order to be strong enough to move on. It is in many ways like Diablo 2 but without any coherent story...

Android

WraithAkaMrak
Aug 16, 2002, 04:01 PM
Kind of pricey...

$49.99 PSO GC Game Disc
$30 56k or Broadband Adapter
$15 Tri-Monthly Fee (This is the absolute max they can charge you for a 3 month period but it's usually a little less.)

--Optional but Recommended Equipment--

$60 ASCII Gamepad/Keyboard

Total including optional equipment: $154.99
Modem or BBA is $35, according to the Nintendo website.

Is the gamepad/keyboard really $60? Where did you hear that? That seems awful high, even if it is a keyboard and controller... That's more than a wavebird, ain't it?

TeamPhalanx
Aug 16, 2002, 04:54 PM
Me thinks it's a serious waste of space both here and on gamefaqs.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 17, 2002, 12:19 AM
Add the price of the Gamecube system as well.

Since you can't assume all-people have a GC.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 17, 2002, 05:37 AM
you forgot price on modding your system

EDIT: ... if you want to play the japanese version which comes out early and will most likely have more extra features than the american version like optional quests, due to sonic team making americans out to not deserve such such after hackers came on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2002-08-17 03:39 ]</font>

Ouroboros
Aug 17, 2002, 07:37 AM
On 2002-08-15 19:54, Agent_Reav wrote:
I know it looks expensive but at least we know the annoying hacker types will prolly not fork down the same large hunk of cash to play!

That's exactly what people said about the Hunters License fee on PSO V2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fat_Tony on 2002-08-17 05:39 ]</font>

Kent
Aug 17, 2002, 11:13 AM
You have Star Wars type weapons like lightsabers (sabers), blaster rifles (plasma handgun)

PHOTON weapons, not plasma.

People might think you're new to PSO for a mistake like that! There's a big difference between Plasma and Photons.

Ness
Aug 17, 2002, 12:51 PM
On 2002-08-17 09:13, Kent wrote:

You have Star Wars type weapons like lightsabers (sabers), blaster rifles (plasma handgun)

PHOTON weapons, not plasma.

People might think you're new to PSO for a mistake like that! There's a big difference between Plasma and Photons.

That's right. I like using sabers and handguns.

Drunk
Aug 17, 2002, 03:33 PM
This lack of GC PSO must really have you guys bored. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I mean, picking apart this innocent fellows post like that... Jeebus!
Any of you should consider Tax Auditing as a profession. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Kudos to the original post for just trying to help!

Blanchala
Aug 20, 2002, 11:29 AM
I just bought the dc version and I have one question, how the hell can you hack pso? with a gameshark or somthing?