PDA

View Full Version : The PSO Cheater's Paradox

Jkid
Jul 28, 2005, 07:15 PM
The older the games gets online, the lesser the cheaters and hackers will be in it. But in this game even if it's 3 years old for the GC and Xbox, the population cheaters are growing. Why is that?

Getintothegame
Jul 28, 2005, 07:34 PM
People are still discovering things fun to them. I mean, you could do endless amounts of texture swaps and stuff would change.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 28, 2005, 08:51 PM
It's just like modding any game. Look at how long Quake has lasted. The only difference is the makers of Quake actually encouraged private servers and modding.

SatanV4
Jul 30, 2005, 11:44 AM
i wish there was 1 of 2 solutions to the PSO hack problem:
1. Make server that allow hacked items. And server that block hacked.
OR
2. Try as hard as Bungie seems to try to get rid of all hacking.

I love PSO but I'm not going to switch to PSOBB or buy a PS2 to get the next PSO. Its stupid. ST just quit. Its dumb. Look at all the Updates Halo2 has gone thru to try and make it as legit as possible, and Sonic Team just quits at the first sign of hacks.

They didnt even try to keep moderators in Xbox/GC versions, to at least ban a few hacked people they see. I hate quiters.

SquashDemon
Jul 30, 2005, 11:55 PM
On 2005-07-30 09:44, SatanV4 wrote:

Sonic Team just quits at the first sign of hacks.

They didnt even try to keep moderators in Xbox/GC versions, to at least ban a few hacked people they see. I hate quiters.

well for Sega to actually do something to help PSO, they would have to not suck at managing online games, but they do...so oh well

Solstis
Jul 31, 2005, 12:13 AM
On 2005-07-30 09:44, SatanV4 wrote:

I love PSO but I'm not going to switch to PSOBB or buy a PS2 to get the next PSO. Its stupid. ST just quit. Its dumb. Look at all the Updates Halo2 has gone thru to try and make it as legit as possible, and Sonic Team just quits at the first sign of hacks.

So you're quitting PSO?

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

The problem with PSO is that it's (or was) a console game. They're notoriously hard to patch, and ST might not have the resources that Bungie has to develop patches.

Not to mention that Bungie patched the sword flying glitch. Shame!

SatanV4
Jul 31, 2005, 04:00 PM
I'm considering quiting. online atleast, its stupid to pay to be FSOD'd and listen to cheaters BS. And Sonic Team does, or at least did, have the resources to fix it. Xbox, maybe not GC, is easily patched due to the HD. Isnt that the reason why we still pay them? to fix problems, add quests, and other good stuff? But instead they let hacks take over and remove quests (the good quests too!).

Its stupid.

dragoon-girl
Aug 6, 2005, 01:10 PM
They could of done something for GC, has any one ever heard of the Public Firewall proxy?
it takes out the bad parts of a package, like if it's to big, so you don't FSOD, Why could sega not make a filter like this? -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragoon-girl on 2005-08-06 11:10 ]</font>

Arislan
Aug 6, 2005, 01:46 PM
Because then they'd have to support it. I understand that the program is a pretty simple thing, but even simple things have a way of causing problems when installed on a huge number of computers.

Fossil
Aug 7, 2005, 07:34 AM
There may be no sword flying glitch, but sword cancelling and overshield/wraith launches can still happen. >:)

SatanV4
Aug 7, 2005, 04:59 PM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifoff topic but ok. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SquashDemon
Aug 14, 2005, 11:47 PM
On 2005-08-06 11:10, dragoon-girl wrote:
They could of done something for GC, has any one ever heard of the Public Firewall proxy?
it takes out the bad parts of a package, like if it's to big, so you don't FSOD, Why could sega not make a filter like this? -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragoon-girl on 2005-08-06 11:10 ]</font>

hmm...well an interesting concept that can definatly be pulled off on PSO BB, but on GC...I'm not too sure for two reasons
1. as stated above, online console games are extreamly hard to patch unless the console has a hard drive
2. Sega has pretty much stopped messing with gamecube servers, save for a few routine adding and removing quests/decorations

HotHunter
Aug 20, 2005, 01:48 AM
I have had a glicht were i walked in the air

PSO_Monkey
Aug 20, 2005, 10:54 AM
Really, never heard of that before...

PatserGOUKI
Aug 24, 2005, 05:00 AM
On 2005-07-28 17:15, Jkid wrote:
The older the games gets online, the lesser the cheaters and hackers will be in it. But in this game even if it's 3 years old for the GC and Xbox, the population cheaters are growing. Why is that?

I think the main subject is boredom!

Because, a lot of people are bored of the game, and don't play it anymore, because they played the DC versions.
However, cheats are here now and they are newer and 'so what they call' cooler cheats than for DC. So they still play!

PatserGOUKI

Fomar0153
Aug 24, 2005, 09:05 AM
I can answer why there are more hacked weapons.
The answer simply is the average cheater is increadably stupid, so people who got fed up with the constant item requests made programs to make the codes for them and even then most of the cheaters mess up when they encrypt the code, so basically there are more cheaters because they don't have to understand how the code works to make items.
I am never going to forget the time someone added me on msn to ask me to make a DBSaber.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fomar0153 on 2006-07-10 13:23 ]</font>