PDA

View Full Version : Episode 1 and 2 Visuals Poll

Ryoki
Jul 30, 2005, 11:40 AM
If you ask me, Episode 2 has much more beautiful visuals than Episode 1. Gal Da Vei (Sorry if I Spelled it wrong, i can't remember it that well.) is especially nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-07-31 15:21 ]</font>
________
Vaporizer Shop (http://www.vaporshop.com/)

Sharkyland
Jul 30, 2005, 12:41 PM
I'm not into graphics myself. One thing i noticed... it lags a hell of a lot when you do ep2 cmode with 4ppl offline. x.x

PJ
Jul 30, 2005, 01:39 PM
Episode 2 is easily better looking than Episode 1, only because it was designed after and used the GC's power for water effects (I believe the water effects are dulled down on the XBox version)

Even Temple and Spaceship, but those stages were also made after Episode 1 (v2)

Jarek
Jul 30, 2005, 02:08 PM
I love gal da val, especially when you're in the actual central control area and can see way out into the distance..with the lightning flashes and foggy areas..
I'm a sucker for visuals.
:x

Kaio666
Jul 30, 2005, 04:17 PM
i personally love the look of gal da val, especially the fog around central control. its also an awesome change of scenery when you've played a ton of ep. 1

Dana
Jul 30, 2005, 04:24 PM
i like seabed

EP2>all

Ryoki
Jul 30, 2005, 06:17 PM
I like the Seaside and the Jungle the most.
if you postion yourself right in jungle north, you can see beyond the level, into a backround of trees and stars. its really nice.
This is off topic (on my own topic) but what level do you think has the best music (Excluding bosses)? i like the spaceship music

________
White Widow Seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

Nai_Calus
Jul 31, 2005, 01:00 AM
Ep2, particularily GDV and Seabed. Though despite being pulled up from the DC, Temple and Spaceship both look better than most of Ep1. Particularily Temple. <3

Temple also has the best music in PSO. Quite possibly because Temple's music isn't actually FROM PSO...

PJ
Jul 31, 2005, 07:44 AM
On 2005-07-30 23:00, Ian-KunX wrote:
Temple also has the best music in PSO. Quite possibly because Temple's music isn't actually FROM PSO...

You and your damnation love of the old PS games XP

(Temple music is remixed from some... Phantasy Star game >_> <_< I love Spaceship)

Fossil
Jul 31, 2005, 11:48 PM
I haven't really noticed much difference from either episode. Episode 2 is more wide spread and shows much more in the background, which would probably give a lot more people the impression it's graphically superior.

Skorpius
Aug 1, 2005, 12:41 AM
Episode 1 gives me the generic "room connected by a corridor" feeling that I get when I play the original Doom. WHile it's still apparent for Episode 2, it's hidden with graphical sparkles and spit polish.

Blitzkommando
Aug 1, 2005, 01:43 AM
Both use the same old engine so they are rather limited. However, Episode II, simply the way it was constructed, is more pleasing visually. At least the majority of reflections in Episode II aren't the old, upside-down reflection that is used in Episode I (see: Caves).

If I were to vote based on what is more visually attractive just due to colors and lighting, Episode II would be the choice. But technically, because both use the same exact engine, with the same exact limitations, I would have to say neither is better.

kazuma56
Aug 1, 2005, 02:25 AM
On 2005-07-30 23:00, Ian-KunX wrote:
Ep2, particularily GDV and Seabed. Though despite being pulled up from the DC, Temple and Spaceship both look better than most of Ep1. Particularily Temple. <3

Yea, and that 1 part of Spaceship as well.....

Eihwaz
Aug 1, 2005, 09:58 AM
The only stage of Ep1 that ever really impressed me was Mines. I just loved the way they did it. The style of that whole level, combined with the excellent music, makes for one of my favorite stages. >_>;

Generally, Ep2 looks much nicer than Ep1. Especially the latter two stages, but the first two look pretty nice too. Especially some of the sunset-ish effects in Temple. <3

Rubesahl
Aug 1, 2005, 09:59 AM
On 2005-07-30 12:08, psobsesser wrote:
I love gal da val, especially when you're in the actual central control area and can see way out into the distance..with the lightning flashes and foggy areas..
I'm a sucker for visuals.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

><;; Exactly. I loooove Episode 2. Surprisingly my fav stage is Spaceship though. I just love the music and the feeling I get when crossing from one room to another and seeing the landscape in the distance is really strong for me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif -hugs PSO- Otherwise, Ep2 itself if an amazing achievement. Another example is when you finish Seabed and you're in the long corridor of light http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And yeah they toned down the effects a bit for Xbox. Though I'm not sure if toned down is the correct word O_o weird thing is XB version has better shadows than the GC version. But the XB water isn't as 'shiny' as the GC one, which doesn't necesarilly mean it looks bad but the GC water DOES look more impressive. What I'm still mad about is WHY DID THEY TAKE OUT THE TELEPIPE EFFECT ON XBOX? (consequently, BB) Honestly, that was kinda like a step backwards O_x you'd think the GC came with those effects in a little toolbar in the dev screen so they can choose it but in Xbox they didn't have that so they didn't program it lol One thing in GC's favor, it's ATi, and ATi is goood for effects like that ^__^