PDA

View Full Version : I'm at the computer all day and I'M OKAY WITH IT.

KodiaX987
Jul 31, 2005, 01:46 PM
People have never understood geeks, do not understand geeks, and will not understand geeks. Not now, not ever, not in a million years. Forget the fuck about it.

It seems that as soon as people find out I spend my days at the computer, they attempt by any means necessary to bring me outside or do something else or whatever. My father signed me up for bullshit nonsensical outside stuff for three years because he thought I was BORED. Fucking hell! And now mom's doing it too. Biking, shopping, walking, running, keeping company, anything to get me to go outside and "catch some sunrays". Nice going, idiot. If I spend my days at the computer, it might be for a reason. Gasp!

IT'S BECAUSE I FUCKING LIKE IT THIS WAY!

I wasn't an outside person, and I won't be an outside person. Quit trying to bullshit me into believing staying at the computer isn't good. I don't care. I stay inside, you stay outside, and I don't want to fucking hear about your nature walks ever again. I've only got a day per week to spend for free time, and I'll spend it doing whatever the fuck I want.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 31, 2005, 01:51 PM
Hey, those sunrays can really start to burn, especially here in the summer. I guess you'll have to explain to them that there is a growing culture of Americans who spend more time at the PC and have no problems with it.

Scrub
Jul 31, 2005, 03:15 PM
Haha, I know what you mean, Shuri.

But whenever my Gramma starts the whole "YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THE COMPUTER AND XBOX" thing, I just say "Yea, well I could also be out doing DRUGS or committing CRIMES but I'd play it safe and be on HERE."

:3 She always shuts up and goes away.

TheOneHero
Jul 31, 2005, 03:20 PM
On 2005-07-31 13:15, GreyPhantasm wrote:
Haha, I know what you mean, Shuri.

But whenever my Gramma starts the whole "YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THE COMPUTER AND XBOX" thing, I just say "Yea, well I could also be out doing DRUGS or committing CRIMES but I'd play it safe and be on HERE."

:3 She always shuts up and goes away.

XD XD XD

That's just great. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Skorpius
Jul 31, 2005, 03:27 PM
I went to the fair with Mel a couple of times. It was great to actually go out and do something with someone that was really fun to be with.

I guess going out is only worth it if you have someone fun to be around and actually enjoy it, since I rarely do anything by myself.

navci
Jul 31, 2005, 09:38 PM
On 2005-07-31 13:27, Skorpius wrote:
I guess going out is only worth it if you have someone fun to be around and actually enjoy it, since I rarely do anything by myself.

POINT. :>

If I wasn't by myself, you guys prolly won't see me anymore.

Blitzkommando
Jul 31, 2005, 09:41 PM
Those are the same people who don't understand how one can sit at a computer and make a big, fat 6 figure income. So many jobs require computer skills and knowledge that it is very important to know computers well. Plus, a computer has far better logic skills than people.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 31, 2005, 10:32 PM
That is exactly how my life is. I have my fun on the computer and everyone else wonders why. My Grandmother would say to me everyday

"Why do you whole yourself in the room all day"

"Because I like to" is always my answer.

dude3282
Jul 31, 2005, 10:39 PM
Hah, no worries here. My family is all a bunch of nerds, back to when my grandfather learned to program computers in '63. They still want me to have a somewhat balanced life, but they don't mind me spending a lot of time on the computer as long as I get other stuff done.

Solstis
Jul 31, 2005, 11:25 PM
On 2005-07-31 19:38, navinator wrote:

On 2005-07-31 13:27, Skorpius wrote:

Come Mid to Late August, prolly be the same for me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kumo
Aug 1, 2005, 03:03 AM
I'm in this boat as well. Nearly every single member of my family constantly hounds me about how I should get out, or how they're going to steal me one day and take me somewhere. Eventually I got fed up with it and gave a few of them some choice words to get them to lay off, so they did.

EphekZ
Aug 1, 2005, 04:17 PM
I go out alot but when I come home all I do is eat and go on the computer the tv is just stupid

the funy thing is even though im out alot i still get yelled at for being on the computer too much XD but whatever I ignore

at my grandmas she said a rule I only get 3 hours a day....

Evil_Althena8
Aug 2, 2005, 12:45 AM
i find that balancing introversion and extroversion works with me. I'm a very people oriented person. At the same time I am not...don't bother asking why.

During the day I'll want to hang out with friends. During the night I sit on my computer allllll night. I used to be extremely introvert...I'd sit all day and night playing video games and such. But slowly I started to come out of my shell and learn not to be such a damn hermit. I used to loath going outside to do things now I don' care.

Meh...depends on the person really.

Sagasu
Aug 2, 2005, 01:10 AM
On 2005-07-31 21:25, Solstis wrote:

On 2005-07-31 19:38, navinator wrote:

Come Mid to Late August, prolly be the same for me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I came to the internet to get away from the people I knew. ;>

But escape only entertains for so long, eh?

GreenArcher
Aug 2, 2005, 02:10 AM
out and about during the day. Come around 9pm - 3pm, PSO! Works great for me.

Daikarin
Aug 2, 2005, 05:28 AM
It's proven that, while watching TV all day ain't the same as sitting on the computer all day. Those who use the pc a lot are exposed to a lot of mind games and puzzles, which can't be found on any other media tool.

I used to stay all day too, but now I just can't. I don't know, I get tired of sitting around all day, watching a screen. If I feel bored I just go out for a walk or run, fix something in the house, or simply read a book. But I tend to avoid sitting on the PC, because I have to do it to study certain areas, and I can't study there if my mind is full from playing games or surfing.

Not that it doesn't have it's value, no. A good game, or a good chat still allures me to come, but I foresee me using the internet for pleasure less and less in the future. Because, honestly, it gets kinda repetitive, despite the interactivity.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 2, 2005, 06:52 AM
On 2005-08-02 03:28, Even_Jin wrote:

Because, honestly, it gets kinda repetitive, despite the interactivity.

Yeah, just like anything else.
Too much of the same thing can get boring.

You have to vary your lifestyle every now and then and not get caught doing the same thing day in and day out, besides normal routines.

For shuri here its fine since he's out working a lot, and yearns to get home and use his PC(maybe all week).

KodiaX987
Aug 2, 2005, 08:50 PM
You've never seen me on a Sunday. Or a Saturday. Or any day for that matter.

Wake up.
Eat.
Computer.
Lunch.
Computer.
Dinner.
Computer.
Computer.
Computer.
Computer.
Computer.
Sleep.