PDA

View Full Version : Boss Difficulty

Bal
Aug 1, 2005, 01:18 AM
Which boss do you think is the toughest to beat on Ult.? I think it's Falz, with Gol Dragon as a Runner-Up.

GreenArcher
Aug 1, 2005, 01:30 AM
Vol Opt can be really tough without spamming your ra-techs. Falz was really never hard. Just have the HP, some resist/holy, and resta/mates. Hack at him inbetween. Del Rol La?'s attacks are very easy to dodge, and well, the Dragon's the dragon. I haven't done epII very much other then to get my Combat Gear, so I can't say much about those bosses.

Blitzkommando
Aug 1, 2005, 01:38 AM
The only reason Falz is difficult in ultimate is because of the Darvants. Vol Opt ver2 is pretty darn easy too. I suppose for the sake of an answer, Olga Flow. He can be a pain if the team doesn't work together.

Jasam
Aug 1, 2005, 03:42 AM
Well it's straight down to flaz VS Olga....

Flaz has RAbarta double hit + darvants.... If you can survive that (have cure/frezze and a bit of ice resistance) Then hes easy

Olga is hard all the way through the fight, but the 2nd form has that ungodly powerful attck of complete pwnage.... which he uses a lot ¬.¬ I have betten him once solo.

PJ
Aug 1, 2005, 06:59 AM
Only Olga Flow is pathetically easy to dodge

Gal Gryphon is only hard in challenge, when you're both underlevel and limited in items

Gol Dragon CAN be difficult, but that has to do with him getting lucky, with multiple Dragons in the air shooting ice (Or any other one if it doesn't knock you down)

So I guess Dark Falz wins in hardness, only because you can't dodge his attacks (Well, the rabarta bomb is almost dodgeable, more like avoid the mltihitting part :/)

Dana
Aug 1, 2005, 07:19 AM
Dark Falz win...

Tech chains+freeze+darvants...

ZOMG...pwnage

Olga flow...haha
that boss take less than 2 minutes offline...compared to Falz, which doesn't like to die...

2 minutes being a a BAD TIME!!!

Neith
Aug 1, 2005, 07:29 AM
Well, here goes...

Sil Dragon is painfully easy.

Dal Ra Lie is easy when you know how to fight it.

Vol Opt ver.2 is only slightly harder than the Sil Dragon.

Falz is only hard in it's 2nd phase, with the Rabarta/Dervant combo.

Barba Ray is easy, just annoying with the status effects.

Gol Dragon can be a bit of a pain once it's split, with possible multiple elements flying at you.

Gal Gryphon has a huge damage potential, but the more punishing attacks can be dodged.

Olga Flow is , IMO, the hardest boss. Divine/God's Punishment deals out incredible damage, as does a lot of it's other moves. The fact that it can make itself immune to certain Photon attributes is a pain too.

Saint-Milion I haven't yet fought in Ult....

PJ
Aug 1, 2005, 07:34 AM
On 2005-08-01 05:29, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Saint-Milion I haven't yet fought in Ult....

When you get through that fight, tell me about it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'm really less considered if it's "Holy craps" hard, just more concerned if it's fun.

And I do understand your Olga Flow comment, but the only problems with him are if you get frozen just before his Giel gets close enough to you, or confused. Let's just say, I don't FIND Cure/units >_>;;

And, if he lasts long enough to change you to Flowen, that does complicate the fight greatly, and it becomes a lot of fun. As Saiffwin says, "The battle is either really short and easy, or long and fun." Well, he never said it like that, but you know what I mean http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Plus, when he changes you to Flowen, his wave attacks become stronger, my FOmar exceeded the needed amount of HP awhile ago, but he's also 160, so that's a given :l

Yeah, so it's not fair that it's been awhile since I fought him with a lower character.

KageRyuushin
Aug 1, 2005, 11:26 AM
Sil Dragon: too easy

De Rol Lie: easy too especially for a force

Vol Opt: first form can be annoying only if his foie or gibarta double hit and the second form is annoying for forces since the damage caused isnt really all that high

Dark Falz: just need plenty of hp and to unfreeze quickly

Barba Ray: by far the easiest boss; mega ownage by a force

Gol Dragon; can be annoying if you dont know what you are doing

Gal Gryphon; second hardest boss in ep2. No problem for a force or ranger since they can attack from a long distance but for a hunter they have to get pretty close and risk getting hit by that vicious shockwave attack which does 1000hp+ of damage.

Olga Flow; only boss that has given me a hard time but of course that was before I knew about his weaknesses

Sitka
Aug 1, 2005, 11:46 AM
Kondrieu

Fanta
Aug 1, 2005, 05:19 PM
On 2005-08-01 01:42, Jasam wrote:
Well it's straight down to flaz VS Olga....

Flaz has RAbarta double hit + darvants.... If you can survive that (have cure/frezze and a bit of ice resistance) Then hes easy

Olga is hard all the way through the fight, but the 2nd form has that ungodly powerful attck of complete pwnage.... which he uses a lot ?.? I have betten him once solo.

Its comments like that which made me unlock Seabeds and never enter it. On Ult.

Saiffy
Aug 1, 2005, 05:36 PM
The one that you can't beat is the hardest.

Fanta
Aug 1, 2005, 05:48 PM
On 2005-08-01 15:36, Saiffwin wrote:
The one that you can't beat is the hardest.

Duh!

but at Lv 105 I couldnt beat Vol Opts ver.2, but thats cos I couldnt be bothered getting to it.

Sholakamoo
Aug 1, 2005, 05:52 PM
I dunno Falz is pretty powerful and Flow is even more powerful but when you think about it you can dodge ALL of the Olga Flows attacks and his first form is simple as hell.

Hrith
Aug 1, 2005, 05:55 PM
Anyone that voted Flow has not played Falz on Ultimate online.

Rabarta = dead, Rafoie = dead, Darvants = dead, yay.

Olga Flow is easy if people know about the weak point thingy, really easy.

Kondrieu probably beats the crap out of Dark Falz in cheapness, though.

Fanta
Aug 1, 2005, 05:57 PM
The weak point?

Fanta
Aug 1, 2005, 05:59 PM
The weak point?

watashiwa
Aug 1, 2005, 06:03 PM
On 2005-08-01 15:59, Fanta wrote:
The weak point?

The fact that he's always weak to at least one photon type when he's changed someone into Flowen.

Basically all you need to do is bring two guns. One with Native, A.Beast, and Machine ... the other with A. Beast, Machine, and Dark. When someone is Flowen, you fire, and you damage them, flip to the other gun and start shooting away.

Fanta
Aug 1, 2005, 06:05 PM
Oh that.
I knew that, but didnt know thats what you were talking about. Pity I play Offline Solo.

EDIT:
Ep2 De Rol Le (forgot the name)

You mean Barba Ray?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fanta on 2005-08-01 16:06 ]</font>

Jasam
Aug 3, 2005, 04:02 AM
On 2005-08-01 15:55, Kef wrote:

If RAfoie kills you then you shouldn't be talking either http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I have fought and killed both on ULT, FALZ is by far easyer, with only His RAbarta chain (which can be dodged) double hit thing +frezze+dravants combo being the only attck that can do anything near worrying damage.

Olga on the other hand, If you don't dodge most of his attcks on the first from, your as good as dead, on the 2nd form he has frezze mines, sword wave, hevens punishment and flowen/golden form.... on the excepting of that freeze chance (which is only slightly less likly then getting hit by FALZ's form of it) his attcks are not garinteed 1HKO, but if you mess up you die, FAST, as all his attcks are very strong, miss a heal and its all over, misjudge your position during gid punishment, dead, stand to close to a frezze mine, dead, attck him up close, You have to dea with punishment, attck him from range, he will jump over to you, sword wave you....

Basicly OLGA is the harder fight, Falz just has ONE cheap attck, and his 2nd form is quite easy to kill fast will a good team, and solo.... charge mechs XD

Neith
Aug 3, 2005, 07:49 AM
I've fought Ultimate Falz online numerous times. I still think Olga Flow is more difficult http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Falz' Rabarta/Dervant combo always kills me, but other than that it's not too hard a fight. By running at an angle away from Falz, and using mechs, I can dodge the Rabarta at least 50% of the time. I usually took a Scape, and that was usually enough online (generally other people to revive you.) Offline, I'd take a couple, since I haven't got a Cure/Freeze..

I found Olga Flow a pain, because he'd hit me, do a lot of damage, I'd get up and heal. As soon as I'd got the heal, another hit would smash down on me. Also, it's amazing how many people don't try and get rid of Gael and Giel, then get owned by the HP-like attack >_>

With a good team they're both easy though I guess.... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Saiffy
Aug 3, 2005, 08:16 AM
On 2005-08-03 02:02, Jasam wrote:

On 2005-08-01 15:55, Kef wrote:

If RAfoie kills you then you shouldn't be talking either http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I have fought and killed both on ULT, FALZ is by far easyer, with only His RAbarta chain (which can be dodged) double hit thing +frezze+dravants combo being the only attck that can do anything near worrying damage.

Olga on the other hand, If you don't dodge most of his attcks on the first from, your as good as dead, on the 2nd form he has frezze mines, sword wave, hevens punishment and flowen/golden form.... on the excepting of that freeze chance (which is only slightly less likly then getting hit by FALZ's form of it) his attcks are not garinteed 1HKO, but if you mess up you die, FAST, as all his attcks are very strong, miss a heal and its all over, misjudge your position during gid punishment, dead, stand to close to a frezze mine, dead, attck him up close, You have to dea with punishment, attck him from range, he will jump over to you, sword wave you....

Basicly OLGA is the harder fight, Falz just has ONE cheap attck, and his 2nd form is quite easy to kill fast will a good team, and solo.... charge mechs XD

Rafoie doesn't knock you down when you're higher level(Or bette HP...something)

Maik
Aug 4, 2005, 12:39 PM
Dark Falz is harder to defeat than Olga Flow on Ultimate, cause Olga Flow is so obvious and its also easy to dodge his attacks. I would like to laugh at people that get hit by Olga Flow's Heaven punishment, cause its got a range of like 0, and you got enough time to get away.
Dark Falz has the rabarta/darvants combo, which just isnt dodgeable all the times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maik on 2005-08-04 10:46 ]</font>

Dana
Aug 4, 2005, 01:06 PM
lets put it this way

my 115 Hucast beat olga on ult

where as..
he would get slightly more hurt..

i mean

Olga is so easy to avoid attack, spam with weapons, shockwave, HP(repeat with some body swap in between)

Fanta
Aug 4, 2005, 01:22 PM
Show off Dana! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Im going to find out myself how hard DF/OF is later this/next week! I am yet to fight either on Ult!

MT7218
Aug 5, 2005, 04:33 AM
All in all, most PSO bosses aren't really that hard. Online Ult. Dark Falz in it's second form gets deadly with it's Rabarta without ice resistance and Cure/Freeze and Rafoie when you have too much HP/EFR. Outside of that, no PSO boss really poses as difficult. Saint-Milion isn't that tough (I only died once soloing him because he critted me and I wasn't at full health), and even though I have yet to fight a Kondrieu, he isn't really that much diffrent from his common counterpart besides looks, and beefier stats, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MT7218 on 2005-08-05 02:33 ]</font>