PDA

View Full Version : Need some insight into equipment...

RedPhoenix
Aug 1, 2005, 02:07 AM
Alright, after finally getting a lavis cannon, I am at a crossroad, so to speak... should I bother getting the syncestas for the lavis blades/double cannon? I have an oran HUmar, level 111, but I just don't know if its worth it to spend that much time searching for the syncestas, then end up not using them because the saber turns out to be better.

In addition, the best dagger I have now is the Cross Scar (Ugh, I despise these things so much), and I also have about 4 demo comets already, and loving how strong it is, and am on my way to getting a meteor cudgel, too.

I just wanted to hear the opinions of the other PSO players out there. Should I stick with the lavis cannon, get the lavis blades, or scrap the demo comet/cudgel and get the double cannon...?

And on a side note... would the red daggers suffice as a replacement for the lavis blades? Or do they pale in comparison, for those lucky enought to have tried both?

Quo
Aug 1, 2005, 03:05 AM
Depends.

Do you prefer Daggers to Double sabers? Get one Syncesta. Otherwise, get two. Make your weapons match your play style.

But whatever you chose, don't even think about going after a syncesta until you have decent armor, a good shield, a well raised mag, and God/-- level units. I would recommend at least a guard wave, a stand-still shield, a 5/145/50/0 mag, God/Battle, God/Arm, And 2 God/Powers which you can swap out for Resist or cure units as needed. Demolition Comet is a wonderful weapon. To tell the truth, I barely notice a power difference between my demo comet and Double Cannon. Also, pick up a red handgun and Red Sword/Chain Sawd if you haven't already.

No uber can ever make up for having shit in all your other equipment slots. Settle for mediocrity first. Then hunt the best rares.

RedPhoenix
Aug 1, 2005, 03:23 AM
Well, I have a whole lot of stuff you mentioned already. My char'ss got a Guard Wave, with two God/Body's, God/Battle and a God/Power equipped. All I have is a Delsaber's Shield, though, I don't really have anything better at the moment, but I'll go for something better next. I got myself a red handgun, but not a Chain Sawd - yet - I'm bulding up a skyly now anyways, so she could get one. I love the demo comet as well, it's pretty powerful, and if there's no difference between that and the Double Cannon, then I guess I could check out the Lavis Blades, see if they are better than the saber. (The suggested equipment said Lavis Cannon was one of the best items to have for my HUmar, that's one of the reasons why I was not too keen on changing it to the Blades). But my all-time favourite is the Asuka. I don't have the patience tog et Sange Yasha yet, and it can deal a load of damage, even though its special is absolute garbage.

Thanks for the info though, I'll go for that standstill shield... and maybe a God/Arm, I just did a Ruins run and spent more time on the floor than standing, so I think I may need some changes to my equipment.

Tycho
Aug 1, 2005, 05:15 AM
The differences (http://www.tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/EquipmentComparisonHU.html) between Lavis Blade and Red Dagger are about the same as the differences between Double Cannon and Demolition comet. Demo and Red Dagger both have more useful specials. <_<
So it all depends on your preferences. Maybe consider looks, whether you'd use Daggers or Double Sabers more often (at high ATP the Blade's damage vs time should outclass the Cannon's because of the speed difference of Daggers vs Double Sabers), and if you would have any use for the special attacks of Demo and Red. Good luck on your hunt. ;o

Dana
Aug 1, 2005, 05:24 AM
some persnoal advice

The difference may be small

but i sure as hell notice it, and it sure as hell makes a difference

LB>RD

Yeah

quo has said everything

Weapon
Armor
Units
Shield