PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Ignore this post

LadyRedComet
Aug 2, 2005, 12:02 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LadyRedComet on 2005-08-03 08:40 ]</font>

Saiffy
Aug 2, 2005, 12:05 PM
Wow...That really is beautiful... If I knew anything about art, I'd know how it was made...So, how did you go about making this? I would love to see more of this kind of work.

LadyRedComet
Aug 2, 2005, 12:07 PM
It's actually a vector image made in Adobe Illustrator. What makes it look like a painting is that I can't use anything (well) except mesh gradients, which give a watercolor/painted look (or so I'm told).

Ryna
Aug 2, 2005, 12:13 PM
Is Azuru Biento holding a Meteor Cudgel?

As for the background, what is Azuru's favorite stage?

Dhylec
Aug 2, 2005, 12:16 PM
i always find vector art.. special
since it's not conventional sketch, ink, color art that we see most often

looking good, keep it up~

WraithVerge
Aug 2, 2005, 12:24 PM
For background: One of the waterfall sections of Caves 2. I believe the light blues and greens would compliment the character well.

As for the pic in this state: Very nice! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Scejntjynahl
Aug 2, 2005, 12:34 PM
On 2005-08-02 10:13, Ryna wrote:

Yes that is a Meteor Cudgel. And that black background is the actual entrance to ruins after you defeat Vol Opt.

I enjoy this for the watercolor feel it has to it. And this is one of my favorite poses as well =D

And if Im not mistaken, favorite stage would be Caves2 in that room where the waterfalls are on both sides. >.>

As aforementioned by wraith <.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2005-08-02 10:39 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Aug 2, 2005, 12:37 PM
On 2005-08-02 10:34, Scejntjynahl wrote:

On 2005-08-02 10:13, Ryna wrote:

And if Im not mistaken, favorite stage would be Caves2 in that room where the waterfalls are on both sides. >.>

X) ... I just mentioned that. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ladyjaderiver
Aug 2, 2005, 02:13 PM
You finally posted it! *dies of shock* And here I was thinking you were never going to... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GothicAngel
Aug 2, 2005, 02:37 PM
Very stylish. I like it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Daikarin
Aug 2, 2005, 02:56 PM
Smooth, like silk. Her curves are very well drawn, and the shading makes it look like chocolate.

*Eats the drawing*

I like it a lot. Keep it up.

LadyRedComet
Aug 2, 2005, 04:21 PM
Hey, my picture! Don't 'eat' it!

Thank you all for your comments. I think the waterfall room is too advanced for me to do it justice, but I will see what I can come up with.

ColonD
Aug 2, 2005, 05:27 PM
Very nice picture, soft, and with movement to it.

Yes I have no idea what I'm saying but don't mind me. XD

WraithVerge
Aug 2, 2005, 05:32 PM
On 2005-08-02 14:21, LadyRedComet wrote:
Hey, my picture! Don't 'eat' it!

Thank you all for your comments. I think the waterfall room is too advanced for me to do it justice, but I will see what I can come up with.

Maybe just have her standing near a pool or in it. From the way she's positioned, you could have it as if the viewpoint is above and looking down at her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2005-08-02 15:33 ]</font>

Ancient
Aug 2, 2005, 08:30 PM
I'm guessing from the viewpoint and pose that you rendered over a screen shot with Illustrator? Its very good work either way, you've got a true knack with the mesh gradients. When I was learning illustrator back on AI9 it was a brand new feature and I never really caught on to it. I guess I need to, it looks great!
If I'm right about the screenshot, then maybe you could find a background the same way, since the angle would be similar. Just be sure to tweak your characters lighting with the background so she wont look out of place.

LadyRedComet
Aug 3, 2005, 10:02 AM
Except that's why I call it "art" in quotes (thanks for pointing out exactly how "creative" I am). Because it's not really art if it's just copying something else. I'll just take it down and not bother you real artists with my junk anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LadyRedComet on 2005-08-03 08:13 ]</font>

Ancient
Aug 3, 2005, 12:37 PM
Whoa! Hey thats not what I meant! I think it was awsome! Just about all my stuff in Illustrator is simply rendering over another image, whether I drew it or not. Just because you took the pose and layout from a screenshot doesnt make it any less good. I only stated thats how I thought it was made so I could understand it better. Being an art student I like to dissect things so as to help me learn new tricks from others work. And yes, your pic was good and yes it IS art! And I think there is a good bit of refinement using the mesh gradient tool that I ould glean from it, so re-post it dern it!

ladyjaderiver
Aug 3, 2005, 02:33 PM
...LadyRed is a bit hypersensitive about her art. She has good reason to be, too, but I'll let her tell you about it if she decides she wants to and it's necessary.

Anyway, while I don't think she should have taken it down because of that, there isn't much I can do about it. I could repost it, but I don't think she'd be too happy with me if I did. >.<

She knows quite well that everybody just goes over photographs and drawings in Illustrator - I've only rarely seen free-handed vectors. I tried a few back in the day (aka Highschool), but it was always so hard that I did a drawing first anyway. Or just used a photo. I almost always vectorized photos for my backgrounds.

LadyRedComet
Aug 3, 2005, 02:46 PM
Real artists base the vector on a photo or drawing they have made, they don't steal from someone else. And, yes, I'm oversensitive about this "art," because I see it as plagiarism, lack of creativity, lack of artistic skill, and really rather pathetic. That's why I don't like to post it, and when I do, I say "no criticism" and am extremely likely to take it down after a day or two. On the other hand, you've got my writing (fanfiction). About which I say, "Go ahead. Rip it apart. If you can."

We'll just say I had some unnecessarily harsh criticism about my art when I was younger and not bring it up again.

EphekZ
Aug 3, 2005, 02:47 PM
ladyrd I like your art I just dont post much but I Do notice it and stare at it for a bit keep posting. Forget what they think if they don't like it know that there are others that do and people are entitled to their own opinions. if it helps i'll post more comments on your work as its always great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2005-08-03 12:49 ]</font>

Skorpius
Aug 3, 2005, 03:08 PM
On 2005-08-03 12:46, LadyRedComet wrote:
Real artists base the vector on a photo or drawing they have made, they don't steal from someone else. And, yes, I'm oversensitive about this "art," because I see it as plagiarism, lack of creativity, lack of artistic skill, and really rather pathetic.
By your logic, making art using penicils created by someone and paper created by someone else isn't artwork becuase youre stealing someone else's materials.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=100266&forum=12&11

I do the same thing. I always take images and manipulate them for my own artwork, but it isn't plagiarism if the original material's owner is credited.

ladyjaderiver
Aug 3, 2005, 03:11 PM
Besides, it's not stealing if you don't plaster your name and the copyright symbol all over it, like some people do in other fandoms. And you're not making any money from it, so who cares?

And if it upsets you that much to call it art, why do you even do it? *major confusion* I mean, I know I bug you to post it, but that doesn't mean you have to if it makes you uncomfortable.

LadyRedComet
Aug 3, 2005, 03:43 PM
My opinion has once again been proven to be invalid, foolish, and worthless. Thank you all so very much for your time.

Dhylec
Aug 3, 2005, 03:55 PM
ok, looks like we are done here..
everyone, please take it easy