PDA

View Full Version : MY FAVORITE rejection LINE i've ever heard a girl tell me I

Anubis_
Aug 2, 2005, 05:56 PM
I dont date Black Guys..

*ROFLMAO....*

Ah GOD I'M SERIOUS.. MY FUKIN SIDE HURTS NOW..

Scejntjynahl
Aug 2, 2005, 05:59 PM
Not that I wish to start a ethnicity flame or anything. But what was her ethnicity? I mean, if she herself was black that line would not only be hilarious, but also hypocritical.

But in the end, it demonstrates that she is super shallow and gives dirt a bad name. So I would consider it a blessing she showed her true self from the beginning.

LadyRedComet
Aug 2, 2005, 06:13 PM
That's really, really sad. She's the kind of person I want to tell: Hey, get off my side! You're making us look bad!

Sen's right though, this sounds like a blessing in disguise.

ABDUR101
Aug 2, 2005, 06:38 PM
Depends what she's basing her decision on.

Scejntjynahl
Aug 2, 2005, 06:46 PM
On 2005-08-02 16:38, ABDUR101 wrote:
Depends what she's basing her decision on.

So far, it seems to be based on outer skin appearance. Unless Anubis cares to elaborate on the events, that is the only assumption that I can make at the moment.

Fyrin
Aug 2, 2005, 06:57 PM
You know whats odd? I've actually heard that same line told to me before once.
"I dont date Black Guys.."

Fanta
Aug 2, 2005, 07:23 PM
Are you black?
I think it would be funnier if you werent and she said it...

Solstis
Aug 2, 2005, 07:43 PM
That's not a particularly tactful thing to say, but it is true that some people are not attracted to certain skin colors.

For example, I would probably never date a guy with long hair. It's silly, but true.

hollowtip
Aug 2, 2005, 08:13 PM
On 2005-08-02 15:59, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Not that I wish to start a ethnicity flame or anything. But what was her ethnicity? I mean, if she herself was black that line would not only be hilarious, but also hypocritical.

But in the end, it demonstrates that she is super shallow and gives dirt a bad name. So I would consider it a blessing she showed her true self from the beginning.

Just because she says she doesn't date black guys doesn't necessarily make her shallow/racist. Maybe she isn't attracted to the common physical features that many African American's possess. Physically, there are differences beyond skin color despite what we are taught. Individuals of African heritage tend to have wider noses, tighter curly hair, hazel eyes only, and there is a ratio of more "well-endowed" males of this ancestory then any other race (it's proven). Individuals of Asian ancestory tend to be shorter, have slanted eyes (which I find attractive in women), and many have what is called "double eyelids."

And I do not think it would be hypocritical for her to be unattracted to her own race.

I am white and am usually more attracted to non-white women.

Growing up in a predominantly white suburban area, I became (for lack of a better term) desensitized to many common white female features. This is not to say I find white women unattractive, and I would happily date or marry a woman of any race, but the originality of distinct physical characteristic differences is something that appeals to me more often.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2005-08-02 18:19 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Aug 2, 2005, 08:53 PM
On 2005-08-02 18:13, hollowtip wrote:

On 2005-08-02 15:59, Scejntjynahl wrote:

Just because she says she doesn't date black guys doesn't necessarily make her shallow/racist. Maybe she isn't attracted to the common physical features that many African American's possess. Physically, there are differences beyond skin color despite what we are taught. Individuals of African heritage tend to have wider noses, tighter curly hair, hazel eyes only, and there is a ratio of more "well-endowed" males of this ancestory then any other race (it's proven). Individuals of Asian ancestory tend to be shorter, have slanted eyes (which I find attractive in women), and many have what is called "double eyelids."

And I do not think it would be hypocritical for her to be unattracted to her own race.

I am white and am usually more attracted to non-white women.

Growing up in a predominantly white suburban area, I became (for lack of a better term) desensitized to many common white female features. This is not to say I find white women unattractive, and I would happily date or marry a woman of any race, but the originality of distinct physical characteristic differences is something that appeals to me more often.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2005-08-02 18:19 ]</font>

She could have easily said "you're not my type".

navci
Aug 2, 2005, 09:33 PM
On 2005-08-02 18:53, Scejntjynahl wrote:
She could have easily said "you're not my type".

Ya. Regardless of what her true reason is, saying that "I don't date black guys" just seems... silly.

I once said I won't date Asian guys cuz most of them are egocentric bastards. But when I found a good one he was a keeper. :>

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2005, 10:10 PM
Who cares?

If a black chick said "I don't date white guys" everyone would be laughing. Buck up people.

RoninJoku
Aug 2, 2005, 11:33 PM
I agree with hollowtip... He used nice key words to support his argument without saying anything black and white (pun not intended! That is not a racial remark at all o.o)... I'm willing to give the girl the benefit of the doubt regardless of how "silly" of a thing it was to say... Sometimes people don't always say exactly what they mean...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-08-02 21:34 ]</font>

Sef
Aug 3, 2005, 01:20 AM
On 2005-08-02 15:56, Anubis_ wrote:
I dont date Black Guys..

I can't wait till I hear that one(if I do).

I'm probably going to laugh for more than 1 reason.

If you know my background, then you know what I mean.

InfinityXXX
Aug 3, 2005, 10:20 AM
Hollowtip is right but she could've just said "i'm not interested" like some other people said. Some people are are only attracted to their own race(me) and some are not attracted to their own race or some are only attracted to a specific race.

I don't think the girl was racist. Its just her personal taste even though i think she should've just said' "i'm not interested"

But sometimes i think its not wise to set certain standards(race,weight,height, etc) on what you'll date because you could be missing out on the woman/man of your dreams.

Scejntjynahl
Aug 3, 2005, 10:24 AM
In any event, at least in can be said that this young lady perhaps speaks before thinking. And what hollowtip said is a good point, we are perhaps attracted to what we consider to be exotic which usually entails features that are not common within our own ethnicity. But I still say that it was rude of her to have spoken those words. I was not trying to imply she was been racist, just mean hearted. One can express themselves without causing injury. You see a fat person that asks you out; "sorry, you're not my type" or "ewww I don't date whales". A skinny person asks you out; "sorry, you're not my type" or "Sorry I don't date bulimic people". etc etc. I mean she could have even gone with the classical "I have a boyfriend" routine. Yes we all have our own personal preferences, but that does not mean we have to behave uncivilized.

InfinityXXX
Aug 3, 2005, 11:29 AM
"eww, I don't date whales"
I'm sorry but i loled on that one.

The rules of attraction are deep. Some people only date guys with beards or girls with short hair. Or some people are attracted to people with accents or people are attracted to people with certain noses, or hair. And with african americans, some are attracted to certain skin tones of african americans.(The skin tone one is personal to me because i get rejected by girls because my skin tone is light.(grr))

But i think when your younger Its kind of ok.(emphasis on kind) but once you get older, like in the mid 20s, i think people should lower their priorities on who they'll date.

Anubis, i'm glad your laughing it out and taking it ok

Daikarin
Aug 3, 2005, 03:09 PM
I don't need to know her more to know that you're not worth her.

Fanta
Aug 7, 2005, 07:16 PM
On 2005-08-03 13:09, Even_Jin wrote:
I don't need to know her more to know that you're not worth her.

Dont you mean: That SHES not worth YOU?

Feelmirath
Aug 8, 2005, 03:07 PM
What FANTA said?

Kizaragu
Aug 8, 2005, 03:48 PM
On 2005-08-08 13:07, Feelmirath wrote:
What FANTA said?
That's really productive to the thread. Thank you.

If I were ever in that situation, I'd be literally speechless. But then again I'm white and barely meet any girls of my own colour, let alone another to hear that from! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

But as has already been said, regardless of how she feels, there ARE other ways of putting things. She lacks a lot of tact.