PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: does anyone know a link to find out what items are wo

trueprophecy
Aug 3, 2005, 10:45 AM
topic

Hrith
Aug 3, 2005, 10:56 AM
There is no fixed prize (hence auctions), you can always post for specific items, when needed.

But I see so many stupid trades on the BB forums, it hurts my brain (Guard Wave for 50 PDs, Demolition Comet for 25, etc. while some Ep4 rares, 20 times as rare, are worth less <_<)

Dhylec
Aug 3, 2005, 10:58 AM
a very subjective thing!
pso items are not measured in pds or mesetas
even the star ranking system can't accurately assert the value for certain items

the closest thing you can do is match stars for stars
you can always trade the same star rarity for another of the same rarity

trueprophecy
Aug 3, 2005, 11:01 AM
pso items on bb ARE measures in BB mr moderator sir lol u r wrong!!

Neith
Aug 3, 2005, 11:03 AM
Spread Needle went for 81PD's (or was it 91?) plus other items.

Chain Sawd doesn't appear to be worth anything, everyone wants Red Sword instead.

I've only been offered an Asuka so far for a Snake Spire.

Sange went for 25+ PD's without hit%.

The prices are crazy at the minute, everyone's out to rip each other off. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Ryna
Aug 3, 2005, 11:03 AM
On 2005-08-03 09:01, trueprophecy wrote:
pso items on bb ARE measures in BB mr moderator sir lol u r wrong!!

Dhylec was correct, there is no guide that will tell you how much pds an item is worth. It is all extremely subjective. The best you can do is scan recent auction/trade posts on various forums.

Also, tone down the attitude.

Rageous
Aug 3, 2005, 11:17 AM
yea, BB's economy is all FUBAR'd. I was offered an S-parts for 5 trigrinders...

Ashcroft
Aug 3, 2005, 12:12 PM
With all the dupes starting to appear out of the woodwork I've decided to stop trading via the PSOBB forums... from now on I'm gonna stick to trading with people I know/trust.

If I do feel the need to sell summat on there I think I'm gonna just ask for PD's only in future.

Saffran
Aug 3, 2005, 01:07 PM
Well, there is no such link, becuase it depends on the people wanting to trade and as such is different for everyone.

Right now many quests aren't available. This makes Addslots rather OK items (I used to offer 3 to 5 PDs for one) but once Gallon Shop is out, the price will plummet down.

On the other hand, many rares get too high a price at first (I remember a Rappy's Beak going for 50 Pds...) though they are (at best) gimmick junk.

I mean, what will people shell out for a Centurion Ability then? Compare that with what people might offer for a Slicer of Fanatic. It's a 9 star rare IIRC, but I only know of *1* person on both BBs having found one, ever. People will see 9 stars and offer 5 PDs at best, when it's right now easily one of the rarest items.

Anyway. Just look at the trades fora, play the game a bit more, look at drop charts and quest rewards, learn th egame. You should be able to get a good grasp of prices through that.

Sitka
Aug 3, 2005, 01:36 PM
On 2005-08-03 10:12, Ashcroft wrote:
With all the dupes starting to appear out of the woodwork I've decided to stop trading via the PSOBB forums... from now on I'm gonna stick to trading with people I know/trust.

If I do feel the need to sell summat on there I think I'm gonna just ask for PD's only in future.

Good news, the guy who was doing most of that has been banned from PSOBB and others are going to have to be more wary about trying it. Many of us complained - properly, using the appropriate form and posting links - and this time ST listened.

As for relative value, Sambas for 70 pds!!! sheesh.

The value of an item is directly related to how badly someone feels they need or want that item. Cure Freeze is a relatively easy item to acquire, but the going rate is 20 pds because they are so essential for many areas and particulary Episode 4.

Kef had an interesting ... er discusssion? ... with some folks on the value of Devil Resists. "Just dodge baby." I want to see those fancy pants dodging in some of those Gov Quests with Ob megid flying everywhere. Especially with that 15% experience penalty everytime you die. I gained 3,000,000 experience and not a single level trying to get through one quest - sloppy and lazy play, that's all.

I acquired Yunchang and gave up nearly everything I had to do it, but it was well worth it for me. I've gained most of that stuff back now and the value of this weapon is beyond anything I got to play with on xbox save maybe my Sange and Yasha.

People won't give up a Trigrinder for a Hell or Demon's Laser with high hit, but they'll trade their Grandparents in for a stupid Rappy mag.

Anyway, like others have said, scan the boards to see what previous items sold for and wait for your chance to get a reasonable deal.

And please, don't rip people off - it only comes back to haunt you in the end. My standing rule has always been, if you don't like my trade or you change your mind, I'll give everything back as long as I still have it.

That's how you get a good rep and it makes future trading much more enjoyable - and honest.

The community will love you for it.