PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic 4

Fanta
Aug 3, 2005, 04:45 PM
What do you guys think?!

I just got back from the cinema after watching and was quite disappointed. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Although some bits were Fantastic, over all, I think that film took the Fanta out of Fantastic 4, its on 'stic 4' now!

shinobu_seta
Aug 3, 2005, 04:50 PM
I like Doom's anti-air assist, where the rocks come out of the ground. Maybe he could have won in the movie if he used that.

Actually I've not seen the movie, Doom's just one of my favorite characters in MvC2 -_-

Thalui89
Aug 3, 2005, 05:45 PM
I personally havnt seen it but my expectations from clips on tv werent that high http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

roygbiv
Aug 3, 2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah... this definitly struck me as one of those movies that was just playing off of the recent popularity of comic-> movie transisitions...

but yeah the guy who plays the human torch is hot sexy.

Fanta
Aug 3, 2005, 06:00 PM
Really, I thought the trailer was good...

Off to bed now...

Kizaragu
Aug 3, 2005, 06:19 PM
I personally thought the film was ok. Not brilliant, just ok. Mediocre if you will.
Got me out the house for a couple of hours at least.
It did exactly what it said on the tin. Mindless, comic book madness brought to life but with a hollywood edge.

I was also dissapointed in just how quick they 'dealt with' Von Doom at the end. Anti-climatic would be putting it lightly.

*Spoiler warning*

The Thing once 'cured' deciding to change back into his altered superhuman state was pretty pointless.
"Oh no, they've told me to stay here for the showdown as I'll get hurt. I've finnally got what I wanted and am human again. But hey, I'll change back regardless, just so I can get a front row seat of the action and do nothing more than direct the flow of a fire hydrant! I truely am a man of great intellect."

Fanta
Aug 3, 2005, 08:20 PM
Agreed Kizaragu, mediocre.

I too was disappointed with the Von Doom defeat.

Also another thing about 'The Thing'!
It took a lot of Von Dooms energy to turn him human again, so why did it need less energy to turn him superhuman?

Also, they could make a shit load of money if they let people use there machin eto get super powers http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EphekZ
Aug 3, 2005, 08:56 PM
the whole thing where the thing...wait let me rephrase that

the incident where "The Thing" was getting mad about being human then turned back into "The Thing" again pissed me off that wasted a good probably half an hour to an hour of him crying.

But I guess you need the see that the grass isnt always greener on the other side.

The Doom battle dissapointed me it was forst a introduction then they did a sceince experiement =P

and it ended.

I give it about an 8 because Jessica Alba was in that movie damn shes hot thats what dragged me out of my dark room in the first place...and my freind ok I'll stop babbling http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2005-08-03 18:56 ]</font>

Fanta
Aug 3, 2005, 09:04 PM
Ahh yer... Jessica Alba, I was wondering who'd mention her first... I knew exactly what they were going to say though!

Jessica Alba = HAWT! hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... *drool*

I thought it was funny when Mr. Fantastic (Thats me! OMG!) saw her in the uniform before they went up in space!

Cynric
Aug 3, 2005, 09:06 PM
*spoilers*

I only liked the movie because my friends and I all went together and made so many jokes about how bad it was. Victor Von Doom (which is a retarded name in itself) was exactly like Normon Osbourn in Spiderman; he was rich and a jerk, he lost his company to a failed experiment, the BoD bailed out, he killed them, he became the bad guy. That's not cliche at all.

I actually expected this movie to be a lot like SPiderman, but it wasn't. The ENTIRE thing was the F4 dealing with the fact that they were super and Doom wigging out. Once he actually became Dr. Doom and the F4 realized their job was to protect the city, the fight lasted five minutes and the movie ended.

And it left a lot of things untouched, the biggest that sticks out in my mind is the scene in the hotel lobby with the Human Torch and the Invisible Women. "They don't love you Johnny, you're a fad!" "No, they LOVE me!" In every movie ever made, when something like this happens usually there's a scene later when the cocky person does a stunt and the people don't care and he finally realizes that he truly is a fad. This never happened. It just ended with two of them getting married, everyone still loving the cocky one,the badguy melting after a five minute fight, and the Thing doing a 180 from crybaby to "I'm good as is" in the timeframe of two seconds.

4/10, with a bonus point because it's so easy to make fun of.

Fanta
Aug 3, 2005, 09:20 PM
On 2005-08-03 19:06, Cynric wrote:
I only liked the movie because my friends and I all went together and made so many jokes about how bad it was. Victor Von Doom (which is a retarded name in itself) was exactly like Normon Osbourn in Spiderman; he was rich and a jerk, he lost his company to a failed experiment, the BoD bailed out, he killed them, he became the bad guy. That's not cliche at all.

I didnt think of that, but so very true!

I actually expected this movie to be a lot like SPiderman, but it wasn't. The ENTIRE thing was the F4 dealing with the fact that they were super and Doom wigging out. Once he actually became Dr. Doom and the F4 realized their job was to protect the city, the fight lasted five minutes and the movie ended.

Meh! At least the fight was OK!

And it left a lot of things untouched, the biggest that sticks out in my mind is the scene in the hotel lobby with the Human Torch and the Invisible Women. "They don't love you Johnny, you're a fad!" "No, they LOVE me!" In every movie ever made, when something like this happens usually there's a scene later when the cocky person does a stunt and the people don't care and he finally realizes that he truly is a fad. This never happened. It just ended with two of them getting married, everyone still loving the cocky one,the badguy melting after a five minute fight, and the Thing doing a 180 from crybaby to "I'm good as is" in the timeframe of two seconds.

I loved the cocky person! Definitly at the end where The Thing said no more making fun of me and he said ok... big guy coming through, excuse me sir...and then did the big flame flying thingy!

4/10, with a bonus point because it's so easy to make fun of.

Still, you bought a tick to see it, they made money from you!

[/quote]

Cynric
Aug 3, 2005, 09:32 PM
On 2005-08-03 19:20, Fanta wrote:

Still, you bought a tick to see it, they made money from you!

True, and the inside jokes that came out of it were worth the $6.50. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PJ
Aug 3, 2005, 10:00 PM
Huh, I liked the Fantastic Four... but that's probably because I was expecting it to be so terrible.

On the other end of the spectrum, I didn't expect Batman to be good and... it still stunk. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Fanta
Aug 3, 2005, 10:27 PM
With Orange Wendesday we got 2 tickets for £4.80, but if I remembered my thing I could have had £1.50 off! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif