PDA

View Full Version : Trouble running BB

dark_agenda
Aug 4, 2005, 01:29 AM
Hi all,

I am having some difficulties playing PSO BB. I installed this afternoon, and it will start the game fine. After I enter my account name and password and click on "Start Game" or "Download Patch" the game freezes, and my computer restarts. My PC meets the recommended PC specs as does my video card. I went to psobb.com and ran through the troubleshooting steps, I am still experiencing the same problem. I hope someone might have an idea as to why this is occuring.

Fanta
Aug 4, 2005, 01:58 AM
BB is online only right?
Did you pay?

Tancient
Aug 4, 2005, 02:06 AM
On 2005-08-03 23:58, Fanta wrote:
BB is online only right?
Did you pay?

If Sega actually caused your computer to restart if you didn't pay...that'd really suck...lol

Is your video card drivers up to date? Do you have anything running in the background? Can you list your system specs here, so maybe those on the forum can get an idea as to where the problem might be.

dark_agenda
Aug 4, 2005, 12:33 PM
On 2005-08-03 23:58, Fanta wrote:
BB is online only right?
Did you pay?

LoL, I am actually on the 2-week free trial period, and I will not pay if I can not get this thing to work. My system specs are as such:
1.5 GHz P4 with 256 MB of RDRAM, Video Card is a Nividia GeForce 4200 Ti with 256 MB DDR, as far as the drivers are concerned I will check on that.

The thing that is happening though is when I click "Start Game" it shows the screen with the game info window and under that it has status, the background should remain spinning if it were working, but almost immediately the background stops spinning and the game locks up for about 30 seconds, then a BSOD pops up for about a 1/3 of a second.

I have directx 9.0c installed, and it works properly. I can play many of the newer games, it's just this one I am having a problem with.

The only clue that I have as to what is happening (since I cannot read the BSOD) is when my computer boots up, it says it has recovered from a serious error. I checked the technical specs and it had some sort of dump issue, I'll run the game again and post the exact wording from the error report.

VioletSkye
Aug 4, 2005, 12:50 PM
the ti 4200 doesn't come in a 256MB version. It only comes in 64MB and 128MB versions, so you may want to double check that. If you go to START then RUN and type in DXDIAG, then go to the DISPLAY tab it should give you the amount of Approx: Total Memory.

As others have already mentioned, make sure you have the latest drivers which you can get from NVIDIA (http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-08-04 10:52 ]</font>

dark_agenda
Aug 4, 2005, 01:05 PM
On 2005-08-04 10:50, VioletSkye wrote:
the ti 4200 doesn't come in a 256MB version. It only comes in 64MB and 128MB versions, so you may want to double check that. If you go to START then RUN and type in DXDIAG, then go to the DISPLAY tab it should give you the amount of Approx: Total Memory.

As others have already mentioned, make sure you have the latest drivers which you can get from NVIDIA (http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp).
[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-08-04 10:52 ]

Thank you violet for brining that to my attention, the card is 128 MB. As for the driver, I am downloading the newest version now. As for the error I am recieving when I restart my computer, it is:

Error Signature
BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 00000010 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000010 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

Files included in report
C:WINDOWSMinidumpMini080405-04.dmp
C:Documents and SettingsAaron BrownLocal SettingsTempWER16.tmp.dir00sysdata.xml

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark_agenda on 2005-08-04 11:07 ]</font>

dark_agenda
Aug 4, 2005, 01:30 PM
Ok, I installed the new drivers, it is still doing the exact same thing... I don't know what could be causing the issue.. Does it require SP2 to be installed to run? I didn't see it on the psobb website, but perhaps it does. I am running SP1, I do not want to upgrade to SP 2, but I'll see if it helps.

Lone_Fox
Aug 4, 2005, 02:32 PM
Eh... Windows is a real pain in the butt sometimes. *place standard Windows rant here*
Anyways, downloading SP2 MAY help if you are having a problem with the operating system itself, but if the problem is associated with something else, then I wish you luck in figuring out how to fix it.

Ryna
Aug 4, 2005, 02:47 PM
I did a Google search on your error code and came up with the following page (http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:DbixigD-dlwJ:www.technologyvault.co.uk/cgi-bin/bbs/YaBB.cgi%3Fboard%3Dgff%3Baction%3Ddisplay%3Bnum%3D 1100359885+BCCode+:+d1+BCP1+:+00000010+BCP2+:+0000 0002+BCP3+:+00000000&hl=en).

It appears it maybe a RAM issue.

Also, you might want to edit your post containing the error message so your real name isn't displayed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-08-07 17:00 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Aug 4, 2005, 04:04 PM
Check out MemTest86 (http://www.memtest86.com/) to see if it is indeed an issue with your ram. Its free so you have nothing to lose http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If it is an issue with memory and you need to purchase new ram use CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php) to get the info on what type of modules you have.

Tavia
Aug 5, 2005, 04:31 AM
This is a problem that various users, including myself, have experienced in the past. There are quite a few posts about it on SEGA's official PSO:BB forums, but their stickied FAQs offer little actual aid.

Believe it or not, SP2 is the fix. You have to download it.

dark_agenda
Aug 6, 2005, 02:18 AM
thanks, everyone, for the help you have provided. I am in the process of testing my PC using Prime95, and I will be downloading SP2 shortly. I was also reading that someone else had an issue similiar to mine, and it turned out to be a bad ti-4200 card. I will run some diagnostics and keep everyone posted

dark_agenda
Aug 7, 2005, 05:22 PM
I have been running the Memtest-86 program for about 40 hours now. I had no idea it would take this long to finish, but I am confident that it will be completely accurate with any errors it finds. So far, it has gone through 221 MB of my 256 MB with 0 errors.

I am starting to think that it may not be the system ram, but perhaps the video card. If anyone knows of a good diagnostic utility for video cards that I could use to check mine for errors, please post a link here.