PDA

View Full Version : Weekly official page update

RoninJoku
Aug 5, 2005, 10:23 AM
Aha! Once again they have updated their page one week from the last update! That's 4 weeks in a row now of steady updates...

Anyway! The screenshot section was updated... Some of the pictures are just enlarged versions of those technique snapshots... But there are a few new ones in there too! Go check it out! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/

Nash
Aug 5, 2005, 10:38 AM
The most interesting of the new shots is the one with the force-field type thing infront of the big knight type creature:

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/image/screen/universe_52.jpg

I wonder if this is part of the knight's attack/defence, or if it's one of your party casting it? Just got me thinking about what it would be like if you did have a technique that did something like this.

PJ
Aug 5, 2005, 11:40 AM
That last snapshot looks like a dark technique is being cast... o_o

Looks pretty awesome too.

And the one with the electricity starting from above him but then goes around Ethan... Razonde?

Reenee
Aug 5, 2005, 11:46 AM
That is one frigging huge Dimenian.

_Tek_
Aug 5, 2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah, the enemies are much bigger this time, I can't wait to see ultimate modes.....yikes.

But I guess that its the monsters shield, becuase you can see 5 green dots areoudn teh edge, and one green dot in the middle, where its hand is.

Parn
Aug 5, 2005, 05:32 PM
That last technique screenshot is Gra, the Gravity technique used in Phantasy Star IV.

ColonD
Aug 5, 2005, 08:06 PM
That sheads yet more light.
Thanks Parn.

So... there are more Techs? Thats great! I was kinda hopping of something like that. I wonder if it's a high level spell?

Uncle_bob
Aug 5, 2005, 09:06 PM
On 2005-08-05 15:32, Parn wrote:
That last technique screenshot is Gra, the Gravity technique used in Phantasy Star IV.

Gra? What did it do, make them go splat due to increased gravity? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Blitzkommando
Aug 5, 2005, 10:23 PM
Indi Belra, on steroids!

Interresting. Might we be having sheild/shieldbreaking techniques this time around? That could certainly make gameplay interresting. Especially since it appears the "Belra" is using the technique.

Parn
Aug 5, 2005, 10:34 PM
If you watch the trailer I posted in that other thread, swords grant an extra move set called "Shield Breaker" instead of "Cross Rush" which seems to be tied to sabers.

And gra basically made enemies get compressed repeatedly, at least in Phantasy Star IV.

lostinseganet
Aug 6, 2005, 09:52 AM
I noticed that there were still only 4 players in combat. With sonicteam talking about 66 players a while ago I was expecting more. 4 players will probally not be enough for me to change from xbox to ps2. It can be hard work making these characters. I also don't want to pay for two different hunter licenses.

Nash
Aug 6, 2005, 10:20 AM
I've thought about the 4-player thing, and I'm not sure I'd want more in my team anyway. It worked really well in PSO, just the right amount of people to keep track of.

With the levels seeming more free-roaming now though, maybe PSU will support more than 1 team per level?

Reenee
Aug 6, 2005, 10:35 AM
On 2005-08-06 07:52, lostinseganet wrote:
It can be hard work making these characters. I also don't want to pay for two different hunter licenses.

First, how do you know it's called a Hunter's License? Second, when did Sonic Team = Square-Enix?

lostinseganet
Aug 6, 2005, 06:59 PM
On 2005-08-06 08:35, Reenee wrote:

On 2005-08-06 07:52, lostinseganet wrote:
It can be hard work making these characters. I also don't want to pay for two different hunter licenses.

First, how do you know it's called a Hunter's License? Second, when did Sonic Team = Square-Enix?

Easy first I do not know that is what it is called, but when I refer to a hunter license everyone who has played pso online will know what I am talking about. This is a Phantasy star community so this knowledge is expected.
Second There is no reference to square. sonic team has only allowed you to merge hunter licenses on the dreamcast. They have a history of not letting players play on different systems(as in my case) with the same hunter license.
In response to Nash
coop games have been stuck at this number for too long. We need more problems for the larger group to tackle. Have you ever played Serious Sam with 10 or more players? Man it can be fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lostinseganet on 2005-08-06 17:03 ]</font>

therealAERO
Aug 7, 2005, 02:30 PM
I'm sure you can have more players. That is just the offline game after all, but than again maybe not.

Rubesahl
Aug 7, 2005, 05:00 PM
On 2005-08-06 08:20, Nash wrote:
With the levels seeming more free-roaming now though, maybe PSU will support more than 1 team per level?

I preffer that idea instead of bigger teams... I hate teams that are more than 5 players. But a point I do give in favor is the fact that I'm used to bigger teams in MMORPGs, where higher difficulty (just plain pissing you off actually) is the norm and not having a well balanced team makes things near impossible to do and you end up leveling down instead of leveling up >: So in an action rpg like PSO I'm not too sure how this would work actually... I guess I'm more open now to bigger teams now that I think about it but one thing is a must: if there are bigger teams, please big enough areas for those ppl.

A good idea would be bigger teams for wide areas and smaller teams for smaller areas? That sounds nice... you have the best of both worlds there >_> I'm pretty sure of one thing though. Lobbies will probably be EXPANSIVE from what I've seen O_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2005-08-07 15:02 ]</font>

Dre_o
Aug 7, 2005, 05:31 PM
http://pso-world.com/images/psu/screens/universe_59_small.jpg

I believe this tech looks something like the spell Gravity from Final Fantasy.

________
hemp marijuana (http://marijuanahemp.com)

DarK-SuN
Aug 8, 2005, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the teams were still locked to 4 players or so, but it might be possible to have more than one team ingame (which is perfectly fine, and even preferable, for me).