PDA

View Full Version : GC: 102 error

bubug
Aug 5, 2005, 08:59 PM
If you have had the 102 error come up before for a long time then please let me know just how long it could last because its gone on for me now for about 3 days.

Ryna
Aug 5, 2005, 09:04 PM
On 2005-08-05 18:59, bubug wrote:
If you have had the 102 error come up before for a long time then please let me know just how long it could last because its gone on for me now for about 3 days.

Have you ever been able to successfully connect to PSO?

bubug
Aug 5, 2005, 09:07 PM
yes for about a week and a half and then it kept comin up.

Ryna
Aug 5, 2005, 09:10 PM
Sometimes when I get that 102 error message, I change my network protocol (it is under Network Settings on the Options menu). Try some different settings and see if you get through.

bubug
Aug 5, 2005, 09:11 PM
yeah ive done that but it still says the same thing time after time and its starting to get really annoying.

Ryna
Aug 5, 2005, 09:14 PM
You may want to start investigating to see if it maybe a problem with your router/hub/switch/modem.

bubug
Aug 5, 2005, 09:18 PM
but my computer works fine off the same modem and router so its not that either. See how annoying this is.

bubug
Aug 5, 2005, 09:28 PM
ryna whats the longest that its done this for you?

VioletSkye
Aug 5, 2005, 09:49 PM
Just because your pc works doesn't mean there can't be an issue with the router or ethernet cable. Some quick things to try are:

1. Go into your NETWORK OPTIONS settings in PSO and make sure everything is set to obtain automatically (both ip and dns) and that the proxy fields are blank.

2. Powercycle your setup in sequence. Unplug the power from your modem and router. Then plug the modem back in and let it boot completely, then plug the router back in and let it come up fully. Try connecting to Sega's servers with PSO. If that fixes the issue, then great if not continue to the next step.

3. Switch the cable between your pc and router with the cable between your bba and router. Now try connecting with PSO. If that fixes it, then we know its a problem with the cable. If not continue to the next step.

4. Try plugging the cable that goes from the router to your bba into a different port in case that port has gone bad.

I'm sure you already have this setup, but double check to make sure your router is set to be used as a DHCP server.

If none of those things help, let us know and we can go from there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-08-05 19:50 ]</font>