PDA

View Full Version : regen. gear adv >=[

decrescendo
Aug 6, 2005, 11:59 AM
i calculated the chance of getting one from a canane, the probability came out to be like 0.00095...which is close to 1/1000...which sucks, because these stupid things only appear 2-5 times in general per mine run.

i've gotten lazy and started doing only mine 1 runs, and i get 1-3 cananes that way...though the first time i decided to run through mines 1 and 2 for kicks, vol opt dropped guilty light =]

has anyone actually seriously hunted for this? and how many runs did you do before you got it? i've been reading around and people normally state that they've picked up a regen. gear adv along the way. i've ran through mine 1 about 60 times and still no luck...and i've seen about 8 proto regen gears, which pisses me off to no end =/

edit: i'm also wondering which would be better for fomars in general? attribute wall or regen. gear adv?...i haven't the ability to hunt for tripolics yet so please refrain from that suggestion...thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decrescendo on 2005-08-06 10:24 ]</font>

Jason
Aug 6, 2005, 01:00 PM
Let this here (http://www.tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/ItemHunting.html) help you.

Personally for me, an Attribute Wall is better.

EphekZ
Aug 6, 2005, 01:08 PM
attribute wall is way better in terms of defense plus in higher levels the regen gears special ability becomes useless as you dont block as much unless you have alotof evp but mostly you need the defense to stay up and not get knocked down every hit especially with FOmars low defense.

decrescendo
Aug 6, 2005, 01:16 PM
that's what i noticed about my fomar.

i've got horrible EVP, currently at 92...and i thought that the regen. gear adv won't function well for me. =d

thanks for the help guys http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jason
Aug 6, 2005, 01:39 PM
Remember to use the link I provided and darkgunner, don't forget about its wonderful resistances that it has.

decrescendo
Aug 6, 2005, 02:02 PM
i did =]...thanks.

i factored in the drop anything rate of 35% for cananes in very hard...which means 1/366 of the 1/3 that it drops anything =[

so now i've moved on to hunting down gibbles for attribute wall.

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2005, 05:02 PM
On 2005-08-06 12:02, decrescendo wrote:
i did =]...thanks.

i factored in the drop anything rate of 35% for cananes in very hard...which means 1/366 of the 1/3 that it drops anything =[

so now i've moved on to hunting down gibbles for attribute wall.
Most drop charts already include drop anything rates, including the IGN ones and the ones at this site.

So it is not ~1/1000; it is 1/366.

Fossil
Aug 7, 2005, 07:24 AM
I don't even remember hunting for my RGA's. I've had them for quite some time.