PDA

View Full Version : Episode 4 plot

Bungee950
Aug 6, 2005, 01:01 PM
does anyone know it? or have a link? I would like to know about the bad guys, etc.

Jack
Aug 6, 2005, 01:10 PM
Long story short, a meteor crashes into Ragol after it's grabbed by a blue light from the planet. You're sent to investigate, and it turns out Leo Graheart, the purple RAmar with a cape from some online quests on the GC is planning to get ahold of some power hidden in the epicentre of the meteor crash site. He plans to harness this power using Rupika, a Neo-Newman and the purple dressed FOnewearl from the Gran Squall quest. Most of the NPCs from other quest try to stop him - Bernie and Ash, Kireek and Sue, and Dr. Montague and Elenor all work together to try and recapture Rupika to keep her from being used. Karen and Gilliam, (the RAmarl and RAcast from the Seat of the Heart) also try to follow Leo, as Karen is Leo's daughter.

Bungee950
Aug 7, 2005, 08:43 AM
So......who's this "Saint Million" guy?

Jack
Aug 7, 2005, 12:14 PM
Saintmillion is a gigantic snake buried deep inside the meteor impact site. It's very fast, can launch missiles from its neck, and can fire a very powerful beam attack which covers the entire arena. It has two rare forms - Chambertin and Kondrieu.

Getintothegame
Aug 7, 2005, 04:36 PM
On 2005-08-07 10:14, Jack wrote:
Saintmillion is a gigantic snake buried deep inside the meteor impact site. It's very fast, can launch missiles from its neck, and can fire a very powerful beam attack which covers the entire arena. It has two rare forms - Chambertin and Kondrieu.

Shambertin is not really rare-- It's only a part of the 'To the center of the Disaster' quest. This quest can only be purchased by a team with 3,000 points.

Cynric
Aug 7, 2005, 06:55 PM
But what's Saint-Milion's purpose? (I never got past 9-4 in english) Why is it down there? I've heard people say it's Rupika, which kind of makes sense because of her "powers" and Saint's color scheme.

Getintothegame
Aug 7, 2005, 07:05 PM
Meh, Rupika is a neo-newman or something.

Basicly, she thinks that nobody likes her and she thinks that nobody would save her, which is wrong, because 'we' as hunters, save her in the end.

Bungee950
Aug 8, 2005, 06:37 PM
Oh, pooh. Now i want to play Ep. 4. Stupid of them for not releasing it for GC.

DarianMaliken
Aug 10, 2005, 06:58 AM
Actually very smart given the laggign cube sales as compared to xbox and ps2. Sorry to say it but byond zelda what other games are we waiting for for cube?

Although there IS the whole backwards compatability thing with the revolution...

Ok now that we have the short form of the story is it any more involved/deep than the stories from ep1/2 or do we have the same problem of having to piece tidbits together?

Jack
Aug 10, 2005, 05:01 PM
It's pretty much all spelt out for you. There aren't any message capsules in standard play, so it's all given out in the Government quests.

Sharkyland
Aug 10, 2005, 07:57 PM
The quote from Dr. Montegue from GQ 9-5:
On Coral, we discovered a new lifeform in a meteor that struck our planet. Its cells contained an energy much like our manmade Photon technology. We termed this abnormal Photon presence as the 'D-factor'. The D-factor has a great effect on natural and artificial lifeforms. It infests, fuses with things, and makes them evolve. One of the results of our experiments was the development of Mags. This has all been kept secret from the public, naturally. You know that Mags all evolve and change in different ways, yes? But even the scientists who did the experiments were unsure how and why. No one knows even if the Photon Mirage effect was an intended development. Anyway, after Mags, we began to create androids and Newmans, as well. Thanks to the D-factor the military was able to create 'Emotional AI'. Many advancements are perpetuated by the military. That's just how it always seems. In any case, I approved the project. They wanted to use the Emotional AI for military purposes. And they needed other systems to work in tandem with it. The unification of Mags, androids, and other weapon systems... They needed to create MOTHER. All of this has happened in concordance with the MOTHER Project. However, under WORKS guidance, the MOTHER Project failed. But Leo Grahart apparently hasn't given up. Rupika has the D-factor infused with her DNA. He wants to use this to start the MOTHER Project anew. And, so, we have our present situation.

A summarized quote from Sue from 9-6:
We (Black Paper) know know that Leo Grahart is behind all of this, but I can't help guessing there is a another force behind this motive.

---

So why is Rupika so important?
- Like a magnet south attracts north. Somehow Rupika from what i understand is needed to find this meteorite. What Leo Grahart wants to do with the meteorite is unknown, but knowning how militarists work, they want to make a weapon out of contents of the meteorite. Though by the end, Leo didnt grasp how big of a situation he was in (though he looked like he was brain washed or something at the end).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2005-08-10 18:01 ]</font>

Infiniteque
Aug 11, 2005, 09:17 AM
Sharkyland, thanks so much for your informative post.

Sharkyland
Aug 11, 2005, 09:39 AM
On 2005-08-11 07:17, Majiteque wrote:
Sharkyland, thanks so much for your informative post.

Heh, no problem. The reason I only played BB was for storyline.

On 2005-08-07 17:05, Getintothegame wrote:
Meh, Rupika is a neo-newman or something.

Basicly, she thinks that nobody likes her and she thinks that nobody would save her, which is wrong, because 'we' as hunters, save her in the end.

Rupika is in fact a Neo-Newman, BUT... she has been forced into things that she has been used by a tool by other people. We don't learn much from the 'Gran Squall' incident because she is rendered unconscious when you find her in the forest, but what the WORKS was interested was the microchip that was embedded into her brain (pre-quel to ep3 with the memory scanning devices)...

Anyway, in GQ 9-7 (or 9-8) she unconsciously gets free of prison held by Tyrell and Black Paper is worried about her again escaping (they think it was Leo Grahart's special forces, but it wasn't), it was her own will (which gives her the statement, 'how did I get here?') During the last sequence of 9-8 where Rupika transformed and was talking to Leo Grahart for the final time, she knew something was controlling her and therefore she knows that she can't be saved. Until Sue tells her in the end that people do care about Rupika's life (and they don't care for the fact that she is a Neo-Newman).

On 2005-08-07 06:43, Bungee950 wrote:
So......who's this "Saint Million" guy?

Saint Million may have called the meteor down to Ragol, but I am not really not sure about that theory and I don't have much evidence on 'WHO' called it to hit Ragol's surface (because having a meteorite just suddenly change direction from it's path does have to include some 'hidden' force to it). Some say it's Olga due to the fact that Flowen was incorporated with D-Factor cells.

So getting back on topic, who is 'Saint Million' from what I understand it's just a VERY BIG ugly Del Rol Lie that travels via underground. Of course, he is only awakened when Rupika and the meteorite merge with each other (the meaning behind toward that I do not know but we know it wasn't Rupika's own will and what they were trying to accomplish is still unknown to me as well). THOUGH the only theory I can give to this is the fact lets say (i.e. this is a horrible example), the last piece of the puzzle completing the picture (Gyah I dunno... it's about merging and stuff, like it's the last one to be complete or something).

Well, Saint Million just protects the meteorite because it's draw to it and it senses 'enemies' coming closer to it.

---

Of course, I did not do the Bernie/Sue quest, and from what I heard some of the quotes have changed. I don't think I will get back on BB for this though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2005-08-11 07:49 ]</font>

Bungee950
Aug 12, 2005, 09:22 AM
on the topic of bernie and sue...
are they in league with Black paper? is black paper evil, or good?
(im asking these because i never do single mode http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Sharkyland
Aug 12, 2005, 02:14 PM
On 2005-08-12 07:22, Bungee950 wrote:
on the topic of bernie and sue... are they in league with Black paper? is black paper evil, or good? (im asking these because i never do single mode http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

There are two Black Paper (I think):
1) There is a man called Black Paper who is doing stuff like using the black market which is basically selling militaristic weapons to thieves, mercenaries, evil doers, etc.

2) Black Paper (unless they were giving some kind of other code name) is as organization created (Tyrell?) to do special tasks. In Ep I & II, I think their main purpose was to see the truth behind the 'Alliance of Nations' (which I think for the fact is the ideal that the trip to Ragol wasn't to save the rest of humanity but to find and develop more stronger weapons to send back to the warring countries). In Ep IV, their main reason was to find the true purpose of Leo Grahart. Reason why I think that Tyrell organized such a group is that the fact that little bit after EpIV, he was denounced by Dol Grissen and forced to become at a lower position. Someone thinks that he was depromoted to Environmental Inspections Officer, but most of the people really don't know where he is.

Edit: Remembered his name...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2005-08-12 15:36 ]</font>

Bungee950
Aug 12, 2005, 05:01 PM
kewl! thank you sharkyland! i am caught up with this now!