PDA

View Full Version : What classes are the easiest to solo with?

Zinger314
Aug 6, 2005, 10:56 PM
Topic. I've tried a few...and they all seem to be quite difficult...

I'd imagine the HUnewearl or the RAmarl for the buffs....

trueprophecy
Aug 6, 2005, 11:16 PM
HUnewearl is super easy because hunters get good atp and also u can cast the buffs which = ownage.

my personal favorite is getting a hucast level 20 and just getting the soul eater from quests and solo till like very hard and getting all the rares u need at the time then you will be all set for soloing.

the time u finish some of your hunts you will be ok and probally wont die anymore till ult.

Tycho
Aug 7, 2005, 12:09 AM
It depends really. Nuking actually works in offline mode (solo mode for BB), so for that the newman Forces work quite well too. But if you want to be able to kill stuff online too (without having to stay in a party to support), just go for RAmarl.

OneandtheSame
Aug 7, 2005, 01:11 AM
Yep. I love my RaMarl, and I never had an easier time playing offline than with her. She's good online too, if that's applicable.

zero12410
Aug 7, 2005, 02:20 AM
FOmarl, I actualy get bored while playing because its so easy

FantomeNinja
Aug 7, 2005, 02:58 AM
I actually had a somewhat hard time leveling up my FOmarl since she has no innate technique damage boosts aside from Grants.

I had a very easy time with my RAmarl and HUmar, though.

Hrith
Aug 7, 2005, 04:24 AM
People who do not play online should mention it, solo/offline mode is so easy, any char can rape it.

RAmarl, by far.

Kaio666
Aug 7, 2005, 05:16 AM
i have a pretty easy time with my hucaseal, freeze traps plus my shiny new s-rank mechs make short work of most enemies. granted i haven't played as my ramarl much, so i'll just have to take kefs word on that one.

Fossil
Aug 7, 2005, 07:18 AM
In terms of class and weapon choice I'd order it something like this.

RAmarl > RAmar > HUnewearl > HUmar (then droids)

For offline and newcomers, force are definately not easy to get into.

Neith
Aug 7, 2005, 07:59 AM
Of all the characters I've tried, offline is painfully easy with a RAmarl, and not much harder with a HUnewearl.

I played as a HUcaseal for a while, but the game got harder when I hit Ult Ruins- kept running out of freeze traps, and the lack of s/d was a bit annoying for me =

In my opinion then (this is all it is, an opinion):
For offline play:
RAmarl>HUnewearl>FOnewearl>HUcaseal>RAcaseal>RAcast>RAmar

I havent really tried some classes, so I wont include those. This is just how I found them, though it could be biased towards HU overall, since Ive played as one for far longer...

I definately think the game is easy with a RAmarl though, especially with the token Support RA weapons.

Meh
Aug 7, 2005, 08:04 AM
For offline play:

I find it easy with a RAmar soloing. It's probably just me tho.

Butoden
Aug 7, 2005, 08:15 AM
I think RAmarl lacks ATP, HUnewearl is my first choice.

Neith
Aug 7, 2005, 08:48 AM
On 2005-08-07 06:04, Meh wrote:
I find it easy with a RAmar soloing. It's probably just me tho.

I didn't like soloing as RAmar, just beause of the lack of J/Z, and lv15 techs. Like I said though, that list was just my opinion, other people will have varying ones.

Feelmirath
Aug 7, 2005, 09:00 AM
Ive only seriously played with a HUmar and a FOmar, and in my experience, the HUmar was much easier.

KageRyuushin
Aug 7, 2005, 10:57 AM
The FOnewm is probably the best for soloing but it depends whether or not you want to sit back and massacre everything with your group techs or like to use weapons to do the work.

TheAntagonist
Aug 7, 2005, 11:21 AM
I just made a racast, and besides the lack of a rafoie to kill De Rol Le, he seems to be good.

kazuma56
Aug 8, 2005, 01:17 AM
I found it easy to solo with a RAmar was well....PSO as a whole isn't that hard after a certain point (GC anyway) Ep4 seems to have changed that, but only time will tell.

Hrith
Aug 8, 2005, 01:33 AM
Online -- which is the only true matter -- RAmar and HUmar cannot really solo.

I could solo WT with my RAmar (Demonic Fork hunt), but it was about 3 times as hard as with my RAmarl, despite my RAmar using S-Rank Shot with Zalure (cannot damage Epsilon without it, anyway).

I agree with Uriko, more or less:
RAmarl > HUnewearl > HUcast > RAmar > FOnewearl > RAcast/RAcaseal > others just suck at solo.

trypticon
Aug 8, 2005, 01:56 AM
On 2005-08-07 05:59, UrikoBB3 wrote:

For offline play:

WHAT!!! How dare you disgrace the RAcast like that! You can ask just about anybody who has played with me in the past, an experienced RAcast player can rape anything online or offline when the player has had enough rest.

Note: "enough rest" is a safety clause for those people who may have witnessed me dying at one point or another.

Hrith
Aug 8, 2005, 02:16 AM
if people saw you die, then you were not soloing, huh?

RAcast is a bad solo char, like all droids. HUcast is still good because he has such high ATP, but still, without S-Rank Jellen and/or Zalure, they are screwed.

Skorpius
Aug 8, 2005, 03:18 AM
On 2005-08-07 23:33, Kef wrote:
RAmarl > HUnewearl > HUcast > RAmar > FOnewearl > RAcast/RAcaseal > others just suck at solo.
If HUmars and FOmarls suck at solo, then I must be God of PSO for having successfully soloing several HUmars and FOmarls.

There are quite a few variables that have to be taken into account when making such a list of what class is better at what in PSO. For this situation, you have to consider area, section ID, level, difficulty, and player's skill.

For example, someone who's played this game for 2 or more years can easily take a low leveled non-droid Ranger with a Bluefull ID into Ultimate Cave without problems, while someone who's played only 2 days might have problems with a level 30 Skyly HUcast in Hard mode Forest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-08-08 01:26 ]</font>

Hrith
Aug 8, 2005, 03:40 AM
Soloing Forest does not count, there, settled.

FOmarl or HUmar in online Ruins/GDV/Seabed/Tower(except ET, too easy) = lolz

Also, if "I can solo" for you means doing a quest in 5 times the time or more it takes me with my RAmarl, it does not count either.

you God of PSO =P

Tycho
Aug 8, 2005, 06:21 AM
On 2005-08-08 01:18, Skorpius wrote:
you have to consider section ID.

Hmm, I don't think that matters much. For Forces it barely matters because all it gets them is a bit more tech damage. For Hunters and Rangers in Ultimate, it's easy to buy a shot/sword with nice hit from the shops; it does not even have to be a fifth stage weapon. Are we talking about people on PSO-GC that are using their highest level character in online mode without playing with other people or trading? In Blue Burst they could even in that case just use the excellent government prize weapons. If we may not assume the characters have okay rares (just 10-star weapons or 9-star weapons with hit by the time they're playing in Ultimate), the scenario seems improbable in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2005-08-08 04:31 ]</font>

Ansatsu
Aug 8, 2005, 08:56 AM
imo RAmar cus they have good ATA and average ATP, plus they can doorway snipe if youre in a pinch

Saiffy
Aug 8, 2005, 09:58 AM
The best solo character is the one who's beaten ultimate.

There, I said it. Whores.

Shiva91
Aug 8, 2005, 10:46 AM
when it comes down to it, the best solo character comes down to diffrent opinoins, =/ and not everyone has the same opinion. like i for one can solo the entire ult mode with my fonewearl on GC. its too easy to be honest. but doesnt mean i dont die.

The best char to solo: any, as long as you can move when needed and do whats right at the right time.(basically player skill)

Neith
Aug 8, 2005, 11:16 AM
WHAT!!! How dare you disgrace the RAcast like that!

I'll say it again. That was my opinion. I don't find droids as easy to play as a Newman/Human. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to traps instead of techs, but I've never found harder stages such as Seabed/Ruins easy with a cast or caseal >_>

Solo Online, my lv119 RAmarl can easily solo Ult Ruins, and up to CCA in Ep2 Currently, Zoas 1hit me if they get a critical, so I need a few more levels before Seabed.

My lv127 HUcaseal on GC finds Ult Mines annoying (find it incredibly annoying unless I resort to Charge Vulcans), even with over 1000 EVP. Ruins cuts her down too fast, and Seabed isn't even funny..

One thing I will admit is that Frozen Shooter+Lv20 S/D/J/Z helps a great deal, and if I'm getting owned, 'marls can just Resta spam =

So, that list was just how I find online, not how everyone else should >_>

Infiniteque
Aug 8, 2005, 11:29 AM
Let's just keep in mind that this game's objective is team play.

That said, I'm going to have to agree with Shiva on this one. Solo play's difficulty is completely determined by the situations of the game itself, and the player's skill (hand-eye coordination, gameplay style).

I'd also like to add that at lower to mid levels, HU and RA are easier to play with, and mid to high levels, RA and FO. HUs kinda run PSO in it's infancy, but when high leveled players are gaming, a lot of the battles can be determined by the FO. To loosely answer this topic's question, I'll go on a whim and say RAs have it the easiest.

However, even if you're playing offline, solo mode only, it really doesn't matter who or what you're playing as, because eventually you'll progress no matter what.

Dark_Heal_v2
Aug 8, 2005, 12:14 PM
about those people who said they could easily do solo online Ruins, Caves, Temple, Spaceship, Seabeds..... are ALL LIES!!!!

You cant unlock the door with a single player.....

Shiva91
Aug 8, 2005, 12:19 PM
hahaa, where there is a will, there is a way,

Impossible is nothing
Everything is Possible

Neith
Aug 8, 2005, 12:23 PM
I go as far as I can in Ruins, rinse, repeat. What I'm saying is that I can survive easily, provided I fight correctly. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zero12410
Aug 8, 2005, 12:29 PM
I've been soloing ( offline and online ) with HUmars and RAmars since the game came out, It's all about skill

Scejntjynahl
Aug 8, 2005, 12:32 PM
Why bother saying what you solo with? I mean in the end other godly players have spoken and thus nullified everyone elses personal experiences. Just go with the Ramarl. Since obvioulsy the pso gods prefer them, then it MUST be the truth.

Shiva91
Aug 8, 2005, 12:37 PM
then it would be a monkey see mokey do thing =/ i see alot of people who seem to be influencial, they go by what they saw and dont like to be unique. some example could be like, the J-sword, everyone saw how "powerful" it was or whatever and they all used it, or something to that effect

Skorpius
Aug 8, 2005, 12:42 PM
On 2005-08-08 01:40, Kef wrote:
Also, if "I can solo" for you means doing a quest in 5 times the time or more it takes me with my RAmarl, it does not count either.
It isn't like RAmarls are a huge challenge to play anyway. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
If it works, it works, and as said, difficulty is in the skill and tolerence of the player.

I can solo with FOmarls with ease while (I assume) Kef cannot (because he says they suck at soloing).
I'm having difficulties with my GC RAcaseal in Ultaimte Forest at level 94, so I stopped trying XP, while others can solo a RAcaseal up higher than that and get online for the first time with a 120 RAcaseal.

Hrith
Aug 8, 2005, 12:49 PM
On 2005-08-08 10:14, Dark_Heal_v2 wrote:
about those people who said they could easily do solo online Ruins, Caves, Temple, Spaceship, Seabeds..... are ALL LIES!!!!

You cant unlock the door with a single player..... 2-4
4-5
5-5
6-5
8-3

heh

Tycho
Aug 8, 2005, 12:58 PM
On 2005-08-08 10:32, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Why bother saying what you solo with? I mean in the end other godly players have spoken and thus nullified everyone elses personal experiences. Just go with the Ramarl. Since obvioulsy the pso gods prefer them, then it MUST be the truth.

>_<;
I like RAcaseal and FOnewearl a lot better, but I'm not saying those are easier to solo with online. But a lot of people here are using arguments like "I can solo Ult Seabed using a HUcaseal" (to ignore all the offline/forest arguments); which does not mean anything for a comparison at all.

Sitka
Aug 8, 2005, 01:05 PM
On 2005-08-08 10:14, Dark_Heal_v2 wrote:

You cant unlock the door with a single player.....

Well, many of us used tricks to get through those doors - not all that hard really.

By your sig, you're playing some BB. There's a good test of skill for solo running. Using a Hucast, who is now at lvl 131, I don't have too much of a problem soloing ult through ult ruins offline.

Running the Gov Quests and switching out to high edk, I made it through caves and have picked my way through mines a bit in online mode. It's the timed quest in Mines and Ruins that are tough to get through with a solo Hucast. Same with the ult. Spaceship timed quest. Traps help a great deal, but until you get S&D from your mag, it's tough going.

Another example would be the Lost item quests. LHS is pretty damn easy and LIS isn't bad, but the mines quest with all those sinows chasing you and then the Baranz, that's a tough go.

I can handle the VH Ep 4 quests okay (def. not pwn in the desert), but I have yet to really give ult a good try. Something about that 15% death penalty on exp. makes the prospect of soloing ult Kondrieu a but unappealing.

I do believe that soloing tough areas with the Hucast is great practice for challenge mode play. The better and more experienced you get at clearing very tough areas without dying, the better you're going to be running TA in challenge mode.

All this is to say, that I enjoy playing the solo Hucast.

PJ
Aug 8, 2005, 01:27 PM
Last time I check, this topic was easiest to solo, and not best to solo, which is a significant different.

Given enough HP, forces are the easiest to solo through the game. Not the most efficent, aka best, but still easiest.

And of the forces, FOnewm was the easiest for me. Simple tech boost is good in challenge, but not so great in Ult.

RAmarl maybe the most efficient to solo with in later levels, due to the cheapo ranger equipment (Yas9k, Frozen Shooter etc), plus they have S/D/J/Z, but until their stats are good enough for S/D to help, they aren't so great to solo. And their growth sucks. So higher level RAmarls maybe the best solo character (Although, this can still be argued) but not at the level my RAmarl is at.

magenta
Aug 8, 2005, 09:10 PM
fomarls the easiest for me.

though i finding ult desert easier than ult seabed online..

vgood def. high jellen, zalure and deband makes things easier.. and can switch between melee weps, guns and techs seamlessly against different situations for varied style of play.

i must admit i find it easier doing online solo than in a group.. since i only watch my own well being instead of keeping a close watch on those health bars of three others, s/d indicator etc.. support role can be real challeng in ult. solo isnt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: magenta on 2005-08-08 19:18 ]</font>

Kaio666
Aug 8, 2005, 09:53 PM

not that i disagree kef, but is hucaseal really that bad? i dont have too much trouble goin solo, seabed i'm still a little warry of even at 142, but i haven't tried in a while.

Tycho
Aug 9, 2005, 12:01 AM
On 2005-08-08 11:27, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
You so win at this topic. <_<

Hrith
Aug 9, 2005, 01:53 AM
(...)Wrong.
I had no problem soloing anything with my RAmarl, on GC or on BB, and you cannot say because of cheap equipment, because I do not have Spread/Yas9k/FS, I still use Vulcan/Meteor Smash/Justy. And Neither of my RAmarls were tweaked, you cannot tweak your first char.

RAmarl is the best and easiest to solo with, unless you're terribly biased, or bad at the game altogether.

@Kaio: bad ATP, no S/D/J/Z/R/A, no cheap RA equipment = very bad solo char.

@people saying FOmarl is a good solo char: lmao http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I havea Lv 182 FOmarl, soloing offline Ruins is hard with her, please. And if FOmarl was good, FOmar would be even better.

Kaio666
Aug 9, 2005, 01:56 AM
definately see the atp standpoint, s/d/j/z never really bothered me, but you're right, they are definately are a huge help, as for cheep RA weapons, freeze traps work pretty well, thought not as good as frozen shooter. anyways not arguing that she can be a pain to solo with. but a challenge is certainly nice (though thats not the threads point lol) anyways, valid points kef, didn't really think about them originally.

Hrith
Aug 9, 2005, 02:16 AM
Traps help a lot, but clearly less than techs, for solo. And HUcaseal has the worst trap growth of all androids, she'd need Lv 198 to have 20 Freeze/Confuse traps, while HUcast needs Lv 126.

I'm not saying it's impossible to solo with a HUcaseal or a FOmarl, just that it's 10 times as hard and 10 times as long as with a RAmarl, of the same Lv.

Kaio666
Aug 9, 2005, 02:24 AM
yeah i completely agree shes not an easy char to go solo with. kinda off topic but is 20 her max for freeze/confuse traps? always wondered what she'd top off at.

Hrith
Aug 9, 2005, 03:37 AM
all androids top at 20 of each, for growth, check the character guides.

Shiva91
Aug 9, 2005, 08:19 AM
On 2005-08-09 00:16, Kef wrote:
Traps help a lot, but clearly less than techs, for solo. And HUcaseal has the worst trap growth of all androids, she'd need Lv 198 to have 20 Freeze/Confuse traps, while HUcast needs Lv 126.

I'm not saying it's impossible to solo with a HUcaseal or a FOmarl, just that it's 10 times as hard and 10 times as long as with a RAmarl, of the same Lv.

but isnt the struggle half the fun? I find the more challenging the better, really test your abilities, ya know? Like, My Meleeing Fonewearl, doing good now, in solo Ep4 but, i know once i hit Hard, VH, and Ult, im gonna have a rough time, but thats ok, i cant wait for it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hrith
Aug 9, 2005, 08:54 AM
On 2005-08-09 06:19, Shiva91 wrote:
But isnt the struggle half the fun?Fun's subjective, what's asked in this thread isn't.

PJ
Aug 9, 2005, 09:31 AM
On 2005-08-08 22:01, Tycho wrote:

Nice job making yourself look like an ass.

On 2005-08-08 23:53, Kef wrote:
I had no problem soloing anything with my RAmarl, on GC or on BB

BB can't be used as an argument, since of course normal to Very Hard is easy to solo with with any character. Your RAmarl was what, around 130 when Ultimate was released? I guess by then a RAmarl would be the best then, but certainly not at level 80 :l

RAmarl is the best and easiest to solo with, unless you're terribly biased, or bad at the game altogether.

Fine if I'm terribley biased, but RAmarl's are just overrated. They aren't god's of PSO.

Skorpius
Aug 9, 2005, 11:38 AM
On 2005-08-09 06:54, Kef wrote:

But isnt the struggle half the fun?Fun's subjective, what's asked in this thread isn't.

Actually, what's asked in this thread is subjective.

RadiantLegend
Aug 9, 2005, 01:44 PM
My Ramar solo's well online

-__- except for mines (DAMN BARANZ and sinows)

RAMAR > ALL!!

Tycho
Aug 9, 2005, 02:14 PM
On 2005-08-09 07:31, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

On 2005-08-08 22:01, Tycho wrote:

Nice job making yourself look like an ass.

Well.. It certainly was not meant that way. It was not a sarcastic remark, sorry for the confusion.

kazuma56
Aug 9, 2005, 02:59 PM
Online -- which is the only true matter -- RAmar and HUmar cannot really solo.

I could solo WT with my RAmar (Demonic Fork hunt), but it was about 3 times as hard as with my RAmarl, despite my RAmar using S-Rank Shot with Zalure (cannot damage Epsilon without it, anyway).

Actually, with my RAmar using is 55% to hit Demon's laser and a FS, I could easily solo towers online in like 10-15 mins.

Kaio666
Aug 9, 2005, 03:07 PM
On 2005-08-09 09:38, Skorpius wrote:

On 2005-08-09 06:54, Kef wrote:

Actually, what's asked in this thread is subjective.

true enough, play style plays a big role in what makes a character easy to solo with.

Tycho
Aug 9, 2005, 04:14 PM
On 2005-08-09 12:59, kazuma56 wrote:

Actually, with my RAmar using is 55% to hit Demon's laser and a FS, I could easily solo towers online in like 10-15 mins.

I take it you're talking about the easy Tower here?

kazuma56
Aug 9, 2005, 04:40 PM
no, both...Since the enemy placement never changes, it's really easy to stand at a point where only 1 enemy appears instead of 2, (basially hug walls or don't move out in the middle of the room unless you know of the enemy placement/where they appear), so just shoot the FS special roughly about 1-2 secs before you know the enemy appears and you're gauranteed to hit delbiters before the "materlize", then just spam demon's special until freeze is done (usually it takes 1-5 shots to land...at least with my exp. with using it), switch back to FS and its dead after 2-3 shots after freezing again.

If I still played GC online, I could probably solo PW4 without dying....

Again the 10-15 mins comment is a rough assessment, it takes me about 10+ mins to do offline and I remeber it not being not that much more when I did ot online while waiting for others to play with.... at max it was probably 20 mins but 10-15 is more or less what it was like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-08-09 14:44 ]</font>

magenta
Aug 9, 2005, 04:42 PM
On 2005-08-08 23:53, Kef wrote:

(...)Wrong.
I had no problem soloing anything with my RAmarl, on GC or on BB, and you cannot say because of cheap equipment, because I do not have Spread/Yas9k/FS, I still use Vulcan/Meteor Smash/Justy. And Neither of my RAmarls were tweaked, you cannot tweak your first char.

@Kaio: bad ATP, no S/D/J/Z/R/A, no cheap RA equipment = very bad solo char.

@people saying FOmarl is a good solo char: lmao http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I havea Lv 182 FOmarl, soloing offline Ruins is hard with her, please. And if FOmarl was good, FOmar would be even better.

an example of a crap fomarl player. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

as for why fomar isnt better.. well their atp is good but put off by lower def, ata and hp.
at least fomarls can take hits, whereas ramarls - given the wonderful "omgz it pwnd me with one hit" defence they have - would have to run away, aim, shoot, run away aim, shot... thus this is where lv30 ra-techs becoming useful (little-no aiming required)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: magenta on 2005-08-09 14:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: magenta on 2005-08-09 14:48 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Aug 9, 2005, 05:24 PM
On 2005-08-09 00:16, Kef wrote:

Funny, my HUcaseal at level 180 has 20 freeze and confusion traps. I guess I should wait 18 more levels to acknowledge their existance.

We should all just delete every character we have and just use Ramarls. I mean, why bother with anything else right, we should use the best character on the whole game... the Ramarl. Level 20 techs, and use of long range weapons will dominate everything in the game. Why bother with rabarta level 30 techniques when we can use the frozen shooter, hell even Spread Needle would suffice. Or even an srank shot with zalure would outdo most forces. And don't forget, she can hold the handgun gangsta style that alone warrants her exclusiveness to be used by all, and loved.

Maridia
Aug 9, 2005, 05:34 PM
Children, let's stop fighting, please.

You can't deny that any ranger can be useful to solo with. I've never had an easier time with my Ramarl, but that is because of the use of shots. They are freaking cool. Any class can be easy to solo with if you plan properly, so quit bouncing off of eachother like that. Seriously, this is a fun game, stop bringing so much animosity and crap into it. I don't know why you people fight over opinions and subjectivity so freaking much. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Ryna
Aug 9, 2005, 05:37 PM
Can we ever have a "best class to solo with" thread that doesn't involve flaming or belittling other people's opinions?

Choices like this are extremely subjective and dependent on your fighting style, experience, and weapons. Simply saying the RAmarl is the best solo character is not valid.