PDA

View Full Version : GC: finding rares

bubug
Aug 7, 2005, 02:00 AM
when it comes to finding rares ive heard a lot about it mattering what the internet time is, but i was wondering if the chances of finding a rare increases the higher the lv your on because i seem to find better items the higher my lv gets. Thanks for whatever info you can give.

OneandtheSame
Aug 7, 2005, 02:12 AM
Could that have something to do with the higher difficulty? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
For real though, there is no relation between level and rare item frequency.

bubug
Aug 7, 2005, 02:15 AM
no smartass i always play ultimate and i can assure you the higher your lv the more rares you find.

Kaio666
Aug 7, 2005, 05:12 AM
no theres no relation between your level and how nice a rares you find. they are set by your section ID so you can be 199 and still find crap, the only reason you might see better stuff is because the higher level you are the easier it gets to kill the enemies that have the nicer rares/harder drops.

Tact
Aug 7, 2005, 06:33 AM
On 2005-08-07 00:15, bubug wrote:
no smartass i always play ultimate and i can assure you the higher your lv the more rares you find.

I believe that comment there could have been condisered as flamebaiting. Also, I will point out that drop rates NEVER change, ever. With a 1/579 drop rate, you could get the rare as late as killing 600 of them, or you could get lucky and get the rare from the first one.

Butoden
Aug 7, 2005, 07:02 AM
On 2005-08-07 04:33, Tact wrote:

I believe that comment there could have been condisered as flamebaiting. Also, I will point out that drop rates NEVER change, ever. With a 1/579 drop rate, you could get the rare as late as killing 600 of them, or you could get lucky and get the rare from the first one.
I found it kinda amusing though. And yes drop rates are set and won't change by increasing your level or beats or higher luck stat or whatever has been told to u.

OneandtheSame
Aug 7, 2005, 09:21 AM

Dude, your an asshole, Especially when your WRONG. All of the rare's have preset drop-rates which cannot be changed. Higher level has no effect, beat time has no effect, it is ALWAYs the same. As a sidenote, everyone on this thread has at least one Ultimate character. We all know what we are talking about, even though it appears that YOU do not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animeloser on 2005-08-07 07:26 ]</font>

Ryna
Aug 7, 2005, 09:32 AM
On 2005-08-07 07:21, Animeloser wrote:

Dude, your an asshole, Especially when your WRONG.

Each of you score verbal warnings for flaming. Even though you may disagree with the other person, it is possible to construct a civilized reply that does not include insults.