PDA

View Full Version : Music channels cause pain upon my person.

Kizaragu
Aug 8, 2005, 04:46 PM
This is a light hearted rant and isn't meant to be taken too seriousely. But it's a rant regardless.

Music channels eh? They piss me off. Sure they all tend to play exactly the same stuff as one another, repeatedly over and over again during the weeks, but occasionally they provide you with gems and at times you grow to love them. We've all felt angry with them at times and this rant is on behalf of the whole nation.

Kerrang and Q. You we're never all that great to begin with but as of late, your quality has sunken to new lows.
Tuning into Kerrang the other week expecting my eardrums to be blown away slightly (an exagerration I know), I discover for my viewing pleasure that they have provided me with... Monster Trucks.

WHAT.

THE.

HELL?

Why would I wish to view monster trucks on a channel designed for music? Hell, I like a wide variety of music; some of it very cheesey and Poppy, and some it very heavy and mad. It does not however make me want to don a cowboy hat, scream "Yeeehaw!", grab a cold beer and get me some hot burning carnage filled comical oversized manly wheeled action.
It's bad enough that you play Eminem and D12 on a channel dedicated to rock music, but MONSTER TRUCKS!? I worry about the mentality of you people, I really do.

Q, what the hell has happened to you? You've gone from credible indie, soft rock tune broadcasting to pervefest viewing to get your rocks off of day and night.
From 4 or 6pm till 6am your channel is dedicated to FHM.
Hell, I like nudity suggestive or otherwise as much as the next guy, but when I finally manage to get the living room remote for five minutes and find the usual suspects void of anything interesting, I want to grab some tunes. NOT be greated by J-Lo or Beyonce shaking her rump at me.

What the hell is this new found fascination with taking perfectly fine american tv shows and adding UK at the end? PLEASE!?

"Pimp my ride Uk" for example. I'm no big fan of cars but the original american equivelant helped waste a good half hour or so of boredom every now and then as it was fun and interesting. The Uk version makes my manbreasts hurt. It's just so... boring and british.
Watching a skinny, lanky moron with a god awful english accent wearing a leather trenchcoat, does not get my motor going. His attitude does not help him either. He's like the Fonze's geeky offspring.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/941055/chav.jpg
"'eeeeey! Gonna fix up your ride homey!"

No. Go away and die somewhere. My retina is forever burned with the image of you holding your arms out, greeting folk like some wannabe gangster.

There's probably more stuff I'll want to add later, but my sarcasm gland is aching too much to continue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2005-08-08 14:53 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Aug 8, 2005, 05:04 PM
Priceless: "makes my manbreasts hurt" Ah Kiz your a gem a dozen.

On topic:
Well its due to ratings I guess. I too have a gripe with MTV... which by the way I consider to be a lie... they hardly play music videos at all. It just show after show of stupid idiodicy. Then they made MTV2 to fulfill what the first one set out to do long ago, show music videos. But alas that too has fallen prey to idiotic reality shows (that we all know is scripted). So I guess if you want music videos, youll either have to buy the dvds, or just settle for the good old radio stations.

opaopajr
Aug 9, 2005, 12:32 AM
hmm, so british tv is turning into american pop shite "lite"? that is quite disappointing. media consolidation is a very bad thing, especially deregulated media. it just means brief spat of competition, then rapidly monopoly and cartel control of entire market.

tv bores me to tears now, but it saddens me that now our british friends are suffering from the errors of our ways. apologies from across the atlantic.http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif well, all i can suggest is ignore it until it dies. corporate culture doesn't serve anymore, but stifles and snothers, and media is a perfect example of it. just give up on it and let it die -- oh, and be sure to disconnect from the cult zombies who follow the trends.

Bungee950
Aug 10, 2005, 10:37 AM
That's why I disconnect myself from the real world *licks toad*

opaopajr
Aug 11, 2005, 08:20 AM
hey! i lick toads, too! YAY! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif my new buddy.

trade you a great horny toad for a brazilian golden tree frog! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kizaragu
Aug 11, 2005, 01:20 PM
Please don't spam the thread.

On 2005-08-08 15:04, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Well its due to ratings I guess. I too have a gripe with MTV... which by the way I consider to be a lie... they hardly play music videos at all. It just show after show of stupid idiodicy. Then they made MTV2 to fulfill what the first one set out to do long ago, show music videos. But alas that too has fallen prey to idiotic reality shows (that we all know is scripted).
You hit the nail bang on the head with MTV and it's exactly why I don't watch it anymore. As for MTV2, whilest I agree with the idiotic reality shows comment, I have to admit, I love 'Viva la Bam.'

"You can't ride a Jeep! that's cheating! This is supposed to be 1800!"
"We're from the future!"

Ah good times.

On 2005-08-08 22:32, opaopajr wrote:
it saddens me that now our british friends are suffering from the errors of our ways. apologies from across the atlantic.http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Well it's not neccaserily your fault, It's more ours.
I'm complaining about how when the odd American Jem does make it over here onto our screens, and is then cashed in on with sucky british alternative.

Then again it happens everywhere I guess, Take the British cult classic 'The Office.'
Whilest the British original is flawless, the 'remake' for American audiences was butchered beyond recognition.

I blame money whoring Media Fat Cats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2005-08-11 11:22 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Aug 12, 2005, 09:54 AM
I wasnt sure what the hell was going on when I saw Monster Trucks on Kerrrang. It doesnt seem like a very Kerrrang thing to show to be honest.

Q was good for about a year, until it sold out and started playing shit. I weep for the old Q.

And for MTV, I think it should be MPCTV now; Music and Pop Culture Television.