PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Legitimacy question

wb
Aug 9, 2005, 12:12 AM
I got this Panzer's Tail in a trade yesterday, and I'm not sure if its legit. The stats are 15/0/0/185. I know that in order to make a Panzer's Tail that you need to use a Panther's Spirit on a Naga thats level 50+, and I'm not sure if you could get it like that with those stats. Any help will be appreciated.

Shiva91
Aug 9, 2005, 12:16 AM
well, its level equals 200, and if all the requirements are just to get your mag level 50 then i dont see why its not legit, but there isnt a real way of telling, it could have been duped or so on. I'd say just go by your instinct

Blitzkommando
Aug 9, 2005, 12:31 AM
It could be yes. But, that is also one of the 'mass dupes' from way back when. Was given one myself randomly in a public game. If I recall it had Pilla, Leilla, and Golla.

wb
Aug 9, 2005, 12:32 AM
Thanks. I was just wondering because to get the Naga, you need to raise Mind and then Pow with a type A section ID, and it has 0 Pow. Not sure if it would turn into a Naga. Thanks though. Oh and my Panzer's Tail only has two Photon Blasts: Mylla & Youlla and Farlla.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wb on 2005-08-08 22:37 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Aug 9, 2005, 12:37 AM
Although I didn't think it was legit at first I did my own testing and proved it can be made. See my post below for details lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-08-08 23:16 ]</font>

wb
Aug 9, 2005, 12:41 AM
I thought that it needed atleast 1 point in POW, cos I raised a Naga for a friend so he could make a Panzer's Tail, and when I got mine, I wondered if those stats were even possible for that mag.

Does that mean I wont be able to find rares with that mag equipped?

VioletSkye
Aug 9, 2005, 12:45 AM
you can still find rares with it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Only mags that have a level over 200 disable rare drops. BTW I'm almost to level 30 with my test mag lol

**UPDATE** The mag CAN legitimately be made with those stats. Yet again the Mag farmer program fails to yield accurate results lol. Anyway here is how I did it for anyone interested:

Started with a Yellowboze Fomarl and fed it only monofluids until level 50.

At level 10 it became Vritra
At level 35 it become Namuci
At level 50 it became Naga

I ended up with only 2 PBs which were Leila and M&Y and the stats were 15-0-0-35

So basically the mag can be made legitimately, whether or not its a dupe is another question entirely http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ps. if you start with a hunter (I used a Yellowboze Hunewearl) and feed it only monofluids until level 49 and then switch to the appropriate FO id, you can get a Naga with pbs Farla and M&Y with stats of 15-0-0-35 which would most likely be what your Panzer tail was made from.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-08-08 23:13 ]</font>

Orangepeel
Aug 9, 2005, 09:35 AM
What do you mean by you can still find rares with it?

Fanta
Aug 9, 2005, 09:45 AM
If you MAG stats are over 200 (eg 201+) then you cant find rares with it equiped!

Orangepeel
Aug 9, 2005, 10:20 AM
Holy crap! How does that work though? Like some code in the game to stop hackers?

Fanta
Aug 9, 2005, 10:22 AM
Id assume they have some code that spots anyone with a lv 201+ MAG and takes away their rare priviledge.

Im not really sure and too be honest nor do I care, I dont plan on having an illegit MAG and if you do then you deserve that!

Orangepeel
Aug 9, 2005, 10:28 AM
I don't have one, I only have a lvl 200 Nidra for my Skyly HUmar.

wb
Aug 9, 2005, 11:04 AM
Thank you VioletSkye for your research. I wouldn't use a hacked mag mainly for the fact that I rare hunt a lot and also I don't use hacked items.

Fanta
Aug 9, 2005, 12:35 PM
Yer, VS is good at researching things like that, however you can find helpful things here (http://www.freewebs.com/pso-p/download.html) which will make it quicker for you to work out if you use the MAG Feeder with the MAGs guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Mags&op=viewtopsection)!

If then you cant do it, we'll help ya, cos were kind like that.