PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Landing

DarianMaliken
Aug 9, 2005, 07:26 AM
At approximatly 7:13A.M Centeral time the Space Shuttle Discovery landed at Edwards airforce bace. She's home...

I don't care if nobody else here cares. Its done, they can look at it with a fine toothed comb, but they're home.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarianMaliken on 2005-08-09 05:27 ]</font>

Jehosaphaty
Aug 9, 2005, 09:12 AM
we're fortunate that they made it home in one piece. now all nasa needs to do is use its billions of dollar payroll to actually do something right the first time. is it just me or does it seem that nasa is a continual screwup: telescopes that dont like to work, panneling that continues to fall off, the list goes on. i dunno, im sure they are doing theyre best, and they're only human, but perfection in this case is desirable when it comes to launching people into space.

anyways, yeah, glad theyre home.

Genoa
Aug 9, 2005, 03:41 PM
Russia beat us to the Space Race for the 1st man to be put in space and all <_< but we silly Americans still want to be the bestest... so we will do anything and everything to b #1... But yeah, it's good that they're back.

Getintothegame
Aug 9, 2005, 04:25 PM
Well, that's good news. Was a little worried when I heard about the peice of debris stuck in the panel. Good to see them safe and sound.

Graptakular83
Aug 11, 2005, 05:28 PM
When i heard that it might be landing in Cali, i figured id get up early so i could see it and hear some good ol sonic booms. But, i overslept and instead saw it on the news.

Its funny, apparently some people dont watch the news cuz there were 911 calls about there being explosions or something along those lines.

But yeah, its good that the people made it back ok. Time for a well deserved break.

Akdov
Aug 12, 2005, 11:05 PM
is it just me or does it seem that nasa is a continual screwup:

Actually I have had the privilege of working as an intern at NASA and rest assured that NASA's successes far outweigh their failures. Unfortunately the media doesn't care about all the successful missions they only want the disasters. Most people don't even know about projects like SOHO and Cassini. Just like air planes you only here about them if they crash. Of course having a Government that likes everything built by the lowest bidders doesn't help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akdov on 2005-08-12 21:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akdov on 2005-08-12 21:09 ]</font>

Thalui89
Aug 13, 2005, 06:25 PM
least its home, besdies if we dont continue to go into space the human race is in trouble when all the land dissaptes into water