PDA

View Full Version : Your Character's Personality

haterade
Aug 20, 2002, 10:13 AM
Did you/ Are you going to give your character some type of personality? I had personality types for my two main HUnewearl characters Lady Mayhem and Sin-Mayhem:

Lady Mayhem: Neither on the side of good or evil, she does what she feels, speaks freely of herself and is very, very bad with taking orders. If someone is in trouble she may or may not help them. She loves to fight and believes in honourable fights (fighting fairly with others)...uses her looks to get her way(see any of my fanfics for that)...

Sin-Mayhem: The darkness in LM fused with Dark Falz(see fic)...she's pure evil and resolves most of her problems with killing. Just plain cold and without feeling.

Of course, each character's persona was created with some part of my mind that thinks similarly...*ahem* so what about you? Does your char have a persona?

War_Child
Aug 20, 2002, 01:03 PM
WC is generally open-minded, joking, tries to treat people fairly. Can be a bit selfish at times, but not too often. See fics to get a better idea o_O

Kupi
Aug 20, 2002, 02:24 PM
I'll have to ditto WarChild on this one... "see fics to get a better idea." Unfortunately, there are no fics, since I've given up (only for the moment) on my current ones, so I can actually get an audience. So, yeah, my characters have personalities, but typically only in fanfiction, since in the game I just act like myself. Which, in the case of Kupi, is his exact IC personality. Or something.

Davion
Aug 20, 2002, 03:58 PM
Davion is a noble warrior; believing in chivalry, honor, humility, just to name some of his traits. He's very knightish (is that a word? Well, now it is.)Please read my Fanfic The Angelus Saga (tenative title) at the bottom of the fanworks topic list to read some more about him, I would like some feedback.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 20, 2002, 04:05 PM
TSFO-SnAPPLE is a loving mother cat inside.
KHF-SnAPPLE is a horndog.
SF-SnAPPLE is a psychoc***

Rotis
Aug 20, 2002, 08:52 PM
Rotis-iv (HUmar), my old main character, was generally polite, and really terribly effeminate.

Rotis-ivian (HUnewearl), who barely ever saw the light of day, was kinda bitchy, but in a good way. <g>

Little Rotis (FOnewearl)... well... was a 4' FOnewearl. Need I say more?

Rotis-roja (FOmarl) was a robophiliac. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jarvison (FOnewm) looked like a demented court jester, and therefore, he pretty much acted like a demented court jester.

I guess that all of our characters are really sort of ways to express individual facets of our own personalities.

dekar
Aug 20, 2002, 10:44 PM
hmm,
Dekar was: A servant of a prince, loyal, trustworthy and strong, though too attached to his duty.

Assassin is: Nice, nieve (i think that's how it's spelled) but overly trustworthy. Helpful, but is shy a lot because he's always teased.

Ume: Nice, sarcastic, a bit negative, and outgoing.

Nori: Overly sarcastic, thoughtful, acts tough, but deep inside, is quite nice.

Strife:Intelligent, a bit careless, fierce in battle, very protective.

SS_Death
Aug 21, 2002, 03:43 AM
I can describe Death simply...clever Barbarian.

Anyone who has ever played any form of Fantasy Universe RPG should recognise the type. Big, strong, rushes in to the thick of battle with no plan. Like many of the darker type of hero he fights as if he is attoning for some great and terrible wrong. Perhaps he fights to atone for his own existence, whatever the reason he only feels alive in battle.

However this changes with time, as this is coved in the fic you'll have to read it to see what I mean.

Davion
Aug 21, 2002, 11:25 AM
I see what you mean, Death, by reading your sig. Neat idea. Have any of you played Soul Calibur? Well Death reminded me of something else about Davion. You know what happened to Kilik in SC? He went crazy (With some outside influence)and murdered people. It's basicly the same with Davion. His honorable spirit is tormented by this and like Death, he's trying to redeem himself.

KodiaX987
Aug 21, 2002, 12:10 PM
Wheeeeee...

KodiaX 987: Practical, methodical, materialistic and efficient. Can be somewhat romantic but that's after making sure no one else is in the area.

Shurikane: The class clown, but she can be very serious when needs be. However, her anger looks like a huge temper tantrum for adults: dangerous as hell! She has the right intentions, but has some machiavelical ways to get to them.

Minishuri: All-loving, all-happy, and all-naive.

TabarnaX: Always angry, jealous and envying. There's always some better than her.

Zinackst: Closed-off, a bit puritan, isn't very aware of what's around her most of the time. She doesn't eat or drink much, and half the population believes she is mute.

Ron
Aug 21, 2002, 12:13 PM
who needs to make up personalitys when theyre already in your head trying to get out?... umm ya >_>

besides to many characters and since their personalitys grow and change with me and my attitude they never stay exactly the same -_-
hell only a few every had a personality my hucaseal and hunewearl, the hucaseal was a very energetic, trigger itchy, (color)blue loving android, hunewearl was the last Rika Model ever made doesnt get along very well with other hunewearls with a few execeptions and loves using claws with a pasion

ChibiMyu
Aug 21, 2002, 03:31 PM
Saturn - Not exactly the most optimistic hunewearl in the world, but she does hang out with the the protagonists in my story. She's sacrastic and can appear to have a big attitude when she wants to - but most of her anger is directed towards the unjust things of the world.

Ami - She's your basic "good" fomarl. She volunteers at the P2 hospital, participates in all the offical events and holiday activites, serves as a force when needed, and does everything in her power to help friends. She's nice to everyone and has a lot of patience.

Kragok - A determined humar who believes in getting the job done, but not to betray true feelings to do so.

Chibi Myu - Not just your average fonewearl. She's a little shy and doesn't always understand the rules of society, but she's a good fighter, and loves to hunt for/trade weapons. Cuteness is not the key factor here.

DynamicS - strong, brave, serious, caring, and Chibi Myu's rolemodel.

Archilles - Humar with multiple personalities and a hunger for BA.

You can read more about my characters in my fic: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31043&forum=12&3 Please, please, please read it. Please? It's not THAT long... come on, please? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BWS-1
Aug 21, 2002, 04:31 PM
Every single posts posted on PSOW is a part of the personnality of BWS-1, since he was created in order to be, huh, well, ME. He's just a virtual representation of my soul in the very best way I could ever see it to be. No kiddin', it's the first time I find a character in a game that can physicly look like who I am inside.

Deathscythealpha
Aug 21, 2002, 05:06 PM
Malice: seems to feel guilty all the time. Very depressed inside but tries not to show it all the time by acting all macho.
Very loyal to his friends (the few he does have) and will go out of his way to get them weapons and items, even if it does cost him.
He can be greedy at times and loves to find the best weapons just so he can show his new find off, but gets a bit over protective of them in the end.

Deuce:(check out recent fan fic) manic depressive. Has no friends (that arnt dead anyway), hates his job (but its the best thing he does), and gets drunk on dodgy alcohol quite reuglary.
He likes to be on his own alot and finds mixing with people awkward at times.
Also has a strange past hes been trying to forget...

My characters seem to be parts of my real life depressing side cranked up a knoch, always seeming to be self hating at times. I need to make some more cheerful characters.

Curlylove
Aug 21, 2002, 05:10 PM
Mines a sixtys hip d00d.

Daikarin
Aug 21, 2002, 05:15 PM
* Spoiler alert for a certain fanfic *

Hmmm... nice idea for a topic! I'll post REI, AYLA, BLADEGUNNER, SPOKE and ULTIMATE's personality as well.

NEW ULTIMATE - Has a strong sense of ethics, altough he can mess things up sometimes. But either way, he will do what he believes to be right. Likes to trust who he can, and likes to show others he can be trusted, altough in a discreet way. He also likes to feel accepted by who whe considers good people, and likes to show his friends that they really are his friends. He's very humble, but not enough to become psychologically weak. He's got a 124 IQ and 125 EQ. And he's goddamn shy.

REI - Smart and powerful as a king, as he would say. He's a teenage Force who ran away from home after his father was killed. He has an IQ of 142, and a EQ of around 115. He is very determined to win, and will make use of his high capabilities as he can. Sometimes to show off, other times to fight. But deep inside, he cares for his friends, altough he only says it sometimes. Has a strong sense of justice hidden inside a ladies-man. He calls himself "The King Zero".

AYLA - She would say she's a simple girl. She also has strong morals. She cherishes friendship a lot and will do anything to preserve it. Has a crush on NEW, but hate towards ULTIMATE. Her feelings towards them get divided many times as she gets stressed by reality, altough she's strong enough to find out the right way. She likes to have fun and plays along. She often has a smile in her lips and energy in her whole body. Has an IQ of 120 and an EQ of 129.

BLADEGUNNER - He lives to challenge. All he cares is defeating tough rivals. All he wants is to be the best of the best. Filled with pride, he doesn't care about friendship, he prefers lonelyness. He isn't bad either, as he doesn't care about killing either. Has no feelings, good or bad. Has an IQ of 124 and a EQ of 50. But can he be shown another way?

ULTIMATE - A serial killer from the past. All he wants is power. But power to manipulate people. He is 99% Bad. Very intelligent and dangerous, he was a menace to people, and the most powerful of Hunters. His strength, skill, speed and intelligence were so high the government saw him as a threat to world peace. Had an IQ of 124 and an EQ of 19. He was killed on Ragol by SPOKE, who did so by sacrifying his life to kill him.

SPOKE - A very strong and smart hunter, has a wife and son. With an IQ of 124 and an EQ of 124 as well, he believes in the progress of human and newmankind and dreams about a peaceful society in the future. But, as ULTIMATE's attacks became more frequent and dangerous he feared for his son and wife's life. So he decided to make justice by his own hands and sacrify his life to kill ULTIMATE. He used a suicide bomb when he was close enough and with it managed to kill ULTIMATE. Or did he...?

I guess that's about it...

Rylios
Aug 21, 2002, 05:52 PM
Gallion - Nothign
Rylios - Chaotic Netural
Misery - Nor Good Nor Bad
Only 2 chars

Lloyd
Aug 21, 2002, 06:15 PM
All my characters are always the same. I'm more generous towards the girls, and usually tougher on the guys. I don't hate guys, I'm just nicer to girls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just call me a lover of women http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif-To the girls-: I'm pretty loyal heh, like a dog to its master

Spy
Aug 28, 2002, 03:11 AM
Spy: The ultimate bad-ass outmatched only by his own mouth. Walked the line between what others viewed as 'light' and 'dark' but always stayed to true to his course. His one redeeming quality: "If Falz locks onto me fire away." Not many people had a problem with that one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Where does Spy go with GC PSO? As of now, I have no idea.

Salty_the_Salty_Man
Aug 29, 2002, 11:11 AM
lets see Tribal-0x7 i a hot lil thang and Tribal-0x7 isa newearl pimp.

IceBlink
Sep 7, 2002, 09:20 AM
IceBlink was meant to have started off as... well... cold as ice. Pity that didn't happen. He turned out to be the normal one with a cheerful personality and a somewhat screwed up past which is even worse than Peter Parker. o_O

Lyric is the uber-cheerful hyped up probably drugged FOmarl.

IceDrop was the test-type of the cold as ice personality. She only spoke with clipped sentences, and was emotionally dead. ^_^;

Ra'asiel was somewhat normal, if you didn't count her computer-style speech...

PIKACHU never lived long enough to see what she was like. Ah well...

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 9, 2002, 03:53 AM
Well, those who have read my fan fic, The Recollection of Meira (plug plug plug), know what Meira is like. But let's recap, shall we? Maybe I'll toss in some about other characters, like maybe something about some of the characters I'll be introducing in my next fanfic or two.

Meira is my HUnewearl, and she's rather light-hearted and sweet, really. She's very naive, and doesn't totally understand what's going on around her, but she's got her goals, and she's not going to let them slip away from her.

Dragoon isn't really my character, but his personality is my incarnation. Dragoon was actually created by my brother-in-law. He's a HUcast with this urge to kill things, that he just can't keep control of for too long. It's kind of a hunger really, though in my fan fic, I compared his need to kill to a human's need to take a wizz.

Crankshaft is my FOnewmn. He'll be the star of my next fan fic, The Recollection of Crankshaft. Crankshaft, I think, is fairly smart, but thoughtless. Like he's got ADD or something. He's kind of a coward, because he isn't very strong by any means, but he's also got just enough morbid curiosity to get him into situations where he's likely to get himself hurt.

VanGarrett is my RAmar. He'll also have his own fan fic. You might have guessed, his will be, The Recollection of VanGarrett (Actually, I plan to do one fan fic starring each of the character classes). VanGarrett, is well, me. He's playful, but smart, a natural leader, and can be very serious when he needs to be.

Heh... I think that's all I'm gonna bring up right now.

SS_Death
Sep 9, 2002, 09:49 AM
You know after reading all these other ones I think I might extend my description.

++Begin Transmission: Hunter Profile++
++Subject Name: Death++
Class: HUcast
IQ: Estimated at approximately 144
EQ: Estimated at approximately -76
Sex: Male
Height: At maximum for HUcast type. Exact figure unknown.
Weight: Unknown
Primary Weapon Preference: Swords
Secondary Weapon Preference: Handguns
Handedness: Right
Eyes Color: Red
Armour Color: Black
Place of Residence: Redria Sector

Description: Death is a loner by nature. Known only to associate with a small grouping he spends much of his time alone. Battle style varies, calm and calculating when using ranged weapons. Berserk and out of control when using melee. Power output above average for a unit of his grade, atp readout approaching 1500. This exceeds expected limitations, further investiagtion required.

Known Weakneses: Death seems to have a tendency of not healing even when he is in a critical damage zone. Many times he has only survived either due to his Mag, an Apsaras type, generating its invulnerability field or the use of scape dolls holographic image and built in restoration units.

Analysis: Owing to his increased power it has been determined that a head on assault is not a viable option. It is quite plausable that Death can overpower several oponents at once with little strain on his systems. It is suggested that a long range assault, using high yield stun weapons is our best option in order to bring in the target functional for examination.

++Datafile: Project EiminNo Saved++
++End of Transmission++

++WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!++
Main data core security has been breached.
Tracing connection...
Dispatching assault team now...
Target will be eliminated in 75 seconds...

++HAVE A NICE DAY++

KodiaX987
Sep 9, 2002, 04:03 PM
On 2002-09-07 07:20, IceBlink wrote:
Ra'asiel was somewhat normal, if you didn't count her computer-style speech...

I thought it was his! Dude, stop screwing me up like that!!

DreeElle
Sep 9, 2002, 06:45 PM
Oooh! I love this sorta thing! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tiger Lily at first may seem like a very icy person, but she's really a somewhat nice Numan. She prefers to do things herself, and is quite hotheaded. Doesn't say much, but when she does, it's usualy some sort of put-down or cynical comment. She grew up with a group of Numans, but no one knows why she turned out the way she did.

Jonah is a very perky and outgoing girl. She lives to make people happy (Tiger Lily espeicaly), and wants to help out others when she can. She doesn't loose her temper much, but when she does, she sometimes throws a tantrum. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Nobody knows where she came from, and even she doesn't know. Otherwise, she's a very kind-hearted gal!

DreeElle is an android, and her voice back is garbled, so she can only speak in fragments. (For now, anyways) DreeElle doesn't have many friends, but she considers Elenor Camuel to be a friend. In short, she's a sweet, if oft-confused RAcaseal. (Before she gets upgraded to a HUcaseal, anyways!)

Cube
Sep 16, 2002, 10:47 AM
Well, I dont feel like making a bio for all 8+ chars, so heres Cube..

++Begin Transmission: Hunter Profile++
++Subject Name: Cube++
Class: HUcast
IQ: Estimated at approximately 149
EQ: Estimated at approximately 50
Age: Unknown. Original Model HUcast, Estimated no younger than 150 years.
Sex: Male
Height: Maximum = 7'7.
Weight: Unknown.
Primary Weapon Preference: Rare Swords.
Secondary Weapon Preference: Double edged Swords
Handedness: Right
Eyes Color: Red
Armour Color: Blue (Occasionally Red)
Place of Residence: Unknown. Rumored to be on temporary leave.

----------------------
Cube:

Cube is superincumbent at times. Believe it or not his intentions are usually evil... He enjoys women, maseta, and anything rare. Before being dubbed "King of All Androids" he first gained his fortunes through Arms dealings, and fraud. However upon public cognizance during the Android - Force Revolution, as leader, Cube was forced to keep his past unseen. For the following years Cube would be seen battling side by side with many Famous PSO Hunters, his public image was now momentous. Eventually he would settle down, and marry Shurikane, together sharing a beautiful daughter Minishuri! However Cube's true love was with Battle... Seen as one of the greatest battlers of his time, Cube was an unstoppable Hucast. And will forever be unstoppable in Episode 1 & II when the Legend of Cube continues.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cube on 2002-09-16 11:40 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Sep 16, 2002, 12:09 PM
Unstoppable? Nah, not anymore.

*smudges away a line of Cube's profile and puts in a wee lil update*

Sex: Confiscated by Shuri until further order.

*evil grin* (*w*)

Cube
Sep 16, 2002, 01:43 PM
On 2002-09-16 10:09, KodiaX987 wrote:
Unstoppable? Nah, not anymore.

*smudges away a line of Cube's profile and puts in a wee lil update*

Sex: Confiscated by Shuri until further order.

*evil grin* (*w*)

>_<
"Hey Shuri, sorry to forget to tell ya where I went on vacation, but I uh, left my cell phone at home!... really!"

KodiaX987
Sep 16, 2002, 01:59 PM
*beep-beep-bop-beep-bop-bop-beep!*

"[I]Welcome to Phantasy, the hotline with the naughtiest androids in the world...[/B]"

Wrong cell, Cubie. =O

Spy
Sep 16, 2002, 02:16 PM
On 2002-09-16 11:59, KodiaX987 wrote:
*beep-beep-bop-beep-bop-bop-beep!*

"[I]Welcome to Phantasy, the hotline with the naughtiest androids in the world...[/B]"

Wrong cell, Cubie. =O

LOL.