PDA

View Full Version : What Kinds Of Weapons???

PhruitBaskit
Aug 9, 2005, 09:00 PM
I'm wondering if there will be a lot of old weapons, or if they will all be brand new. I think new weapons would be great, but I would love to see a few old PSO weps...I'm a lvl 97 RAcast and I would love to see the return of my personal favorite (the Yasminkov 7000V) even though PSU won't be available on GC. MORE TOUGHTS PLEASE...

Bot-Bot
Aug 9, 2005, 09:04 PM
They might bring back some old ones, but my opinion is to make all new weapons.

Make new ones for the story (like dark flow, red weapons, etc.) and also have more of those "funny" weapons. Those are the greatest.

I hope, if they do bring back old ones, it's some of the big ones, and not little 9 star rares.

DarK-SuN
Aug 9, 2005, 09:05 PM
It's likely that some old PSO weapons (and even from old PS games) will make a come back in some form, just like some old PS weapons returned for PSO.

Dre_o
Aug 9, 2005, 09:36 PM
I personally would like to see lots of new weapons some old weapons but mostly I would like to see old weapons re-detailed and new variable combos added to the weapons.

________
no2 vaporizer reviews (http://no2vaporizer.net)

Reenee
Aug 9, 2005, 11:30 PM
Some pretty much confirmed due to videos:

Sabers
Daggers
Partisans
Swords?
Handguns
Double-Sabers

RoninJoku
Aug 10, 2005, 02:28 AM
Also you forgot wands have been shown... No sign of canes, rods, mechs, and some of the off type weapons yet... I wonder how mechs would work in this game with the whole weapon mix-matching and stuff... ??? ...

But anyway... In regard to specific rares... I wouldn't necessarily like to see direct transfers of old weapons. But I would like to see weapons redesigned and reimagined... But only to the point where you can still tell what they derived from... Also, I would like to see the big PSO rares remade into very rare PSU rares (but not-necessarily the best) Imagine finding what is essentially the Dark Flow, and it's description echoes that of the story from PSO, but elludes a certain sense of mystery that also detatches it directly... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That probably could have made alot more sense...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-08-10 00:29 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Aug 10, 2005, 06:47 AM
Naw not really http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I think a lot of us, including me, think like that XD

cp99
Aug 10, 2005, 01:30 PM
I would like to see some weapons from pso* as well as some brand new ones.

*Weapons that are both aesthetically pleasing as well as good performance like
Demolition Comet (my favorite)

Erk
Aug 10, 2005, 05:10 PM
I saw in some pictures somewhere that you can have aa gun and a saber equipped wonder what that combo would look like unless it's going to be like a third person shooter.Who knows? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Erk on 2005-08-10 15:10 ]</font>

PhruitBaskit
Aug 10, 2005, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I don't necessarily want to see exact copies of weapons (like the 7000V, even though that would be cool), but weapons that are similar to some of the really cool ones from PSO. Like instead of all the guns being laser shootin' things, I'd like to see a weapon that fires good ol' lead projectiles in PSU.

cp99
Aug 10, 2005, 06:46 PM
Yea, It was always cool to use weapons in pso, that used blades and and projectiles, instead of photons.

PhruitBaskit
Aug 10, 2005, 06:53 PM
THAT is exactly what I'm talking about.

_Tek_
Aug 10, 2005, 08:40 PM
So far I've seen:
Partisan
Wand, but similar to double saber animation
Sword
Saber
Handgun
Claw
Dagger

I don't know of any other, oh I did see a picture of a Rifle. It had a very long glowing tube on the front.

And for the sword and gun combo, its setup so you can swing the one handed sword, and then still have ranged attacked witht he gun. Its so you don't have to keep switching weapons, its an improvement. I believe you have also use a dagger and a gun, perhaps even a claw and a gun. But I don't think you can do that with 2 handed weapons like swords or rifles.

DarK-SuN
Aug 11, 2005, 12:25 AM
It's likely that the thing you're calling Wand with double-saber animations are the new double sabers of PSU.
Notice how the actions of that weapon are never techniques (as we can see in other Force type weapons) but actual attack actions.
Expect to see double sabers with a lot more designs and diferent colors, not just that one (which happenned in PSO as well, basic forms with colors and unique shaped ones).

adamgnome104
Aug 13, 2005, 03:52 PM
I'd love to see a Frying Pan!

Or a Rappy item. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Phelix
Aug 14, 2005, 08:59 PM
Just a thought, I think it would be cool to have weapons that fired shells, like a rocket launcher type thing, i suppose it would have the same sort of effect RAfoie(i think that's it) has or something like that.

PhruitBaskit
Aug 15, 2005, 06:52 PM
Come on people, let's keep this topic moving! jk

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2005-08-17 08:42 ]</font>