PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday

dude3282
Aug 10, 2005, 09:57 PM
My freedom ends tomorrow. In 9 hours, I will be in school. The summer went by so fast; where did it all go? Students can sympathize with me, I'm sure. When do you guys go back to school?

Well, the first semester of my senior year is going to be remarkably easy. I have Teacher Cadets - Theory first, basically a class on how to teach, child psychology, etc. Then Honors Gov/Econ, probably my hardest class but still a piece of cake. Then's my favorite class, chorus. And instead of a fourth block, I have early dismissal. I can't go home, because I have to drive my little brother, so I'll be doing homework and hanging with my chorus teacher or something similar. So, by the time I get home I'll have no homework and nothing to do. Hopefully I can lift my parents' long-standing rule of no gaming on school nights, but I'm not sure. If that's the case, you may not see me very often. They usually get on my case a lot during the school year about spending time on the computer, especially if my grades are slipping (which they usually are) School has, for the past few years, been the major thing that keeps me from playing games/posting regularly on this board/generally enjoying myself in any way. But this year's going to be the exception, I can feel it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SpikeOtacon
Aug 10, 2005, 10:19 PM
I have a feeling that this School year is going to be pretty good. Just that gut instinct. Like i'm going to be on the top of my game. I gotta snap out of my Summer fucked-up schedule. Once i'm back into the swing of things all should be good. I only regret not being able to see some of my friend I can only really see during the summer.

PJ
Aug 11, 2005, 01:18 AM
My school year starts on the 6th of September.

Damn those freeloading Canadians! They build igloos!

I'm hoping this year breaks my good year/bad year trend. I really want this year to be good :/

Grade 6: Good
Grade 7: Bad
Grade 8: Good
Grade 9: Terrible
Grade 10: Excellent
Grade 11: Predictabley bad?! But noo! This can't be, my schedule kicks ass, and I have some of my friends in my classes (I mean, not most of my friends, or even my better friends, but my friends nonetheless).

Yeah, I just hope it doesn't continue the trend

Saiffy
Aug 11, 2005, 10:24 AM
September 7th, dumb Wednesday, right PJ?

I dunno, this year will probablly be like most of my other years(Grade 8 was the only year that rocked for me)... Don't got my schedule yet, but at least I got a spare each semester, so if I fail something first semester I can take it next one, oh, and get home early if I pass everything?

ladyjaderiver
Aug 11, 2005, 10:27 AM
I started again five weeks ago. Damn Art Institute! They call three weeks a "summer break".

Jehosaphaty
Aug 11, 2005, 10:39 AM
On 2005-08-11 08:27, ladyjaderiver wrote:
I started again five weeks ago. Damn Art Institute! They call three weeks a "summer break".

so is the illinois art institute also known as columbia art institute, or is it the art institute in shaumberge?

Sharkyland
Aug 11, 2005, 12:23 PM
On 2005-08-11 08:27, ladyjaderiver wrote:

Depends on what you are on... 2 semesters (forgot what this is called -.-), trimester, and quaterly.

I guess it all depends on your school environment, how your friends are going to react, how your friends are doing their time (i.e. spending it with g/f rather than hanging out with you, type things), teachers, subjects, etc, along with family and personal life.

I work now. Vacations are pretty rare now. I'm going to hit the hard part of my job soon since mail gets pretty heavy towards the fall and winter..

Madzozs
Aug 11, 2005, 12:52 PM
School is for fools. Muahahahaha. Just kidding, I'll go back in a year or two after I pay off my bills and shit.

I enjoy 40 hour work weeks. Especially when I am the only one in the district working that shift. Hey, it was an excuse to buy a laptop.