PDA

View Full Version : How long did the DC version of PSO stay on?

Fredrick
Aug 11, 2005, 04:04 PM
After the point where they no longer were updating the game. I want to get an Idea of how long PSO GC will still be around.

There are some items I want to look for but it seems kind of pointless if the game is just going to be turned off in a few months.

Ryna
Aug 11, 2005, 04:39 PM
I believe the last update happened around April/May 2002 on the DC servers (Gallon's Treachery/Rappy Holiday). The US servers went down in October of that year.

During the summer of 2002, the DC population decreased dramatically in anticipation of the GC version.

Scejntjynahl
Aug 11, 2005, 04:47 PM
On 2005-08-11 14:39, Ryna wrote:
I believe the last update happened around April/May 2002 on the DC servers (Gallon's Treachery/Rappy Holiday). The US servers went down in October of that year.

During the summer of 2002, the DC population decreased dramatically in anticipation of the GC version.

So you might be suggesting that in lieu of the arrival of PSU is when the PSO for GC might hit its final nail in its coffin?

Ryna
Aug 11, 2005, 04:53 PM
On 2005-08-11 14:47, Scejntjynahl wrote:
So you might be suggesting that in lieu of the arrival of PSU is when the PSO for GC might hit its final nail in its coffin?

I imagine that by then, only the most hardcore of players will still be left on GC PSO.

Once the US population decreases beyond a certain point, the servers will probably be shutdown.

I'm not to sure if the DC US servers are good analogy since the DC EU servers are still up and they are free.

Dana
Aug 11, 2005, 04:57 PM
On 2005-08-11 14:53, Ryna wrote:
and they are free.

i doubt it but it would be nice if they cut the cost of the eu/us servers on PSOGC to free http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hehe. i wish

Rubius-sama
Aug 13, 2005, 04:55 PM
On 2005-08-11 14:57, Dana_ranger wrote:

On 2005-08-11 14:53, Ryna wrote:
and they are free.

i doubt it

The DC servers were always free, for version 1.

Vuman
Aug 16, 2005, 09:49 PM
How many people do you guys think will leave Blue Burst when Universe comes out? My team leader has already decided to leave and is going to have a team meeting about it. The only way he'll stay is if one of the games is free (doubt it), but even then he'll mainly be on Universe.

Looks like I jumped on too late.

Ryna
Aug 16, 2005, 09:56 PM
On 2005-08-16 19:49, Vuman wrote:
How many people do you guys think will leave Blue Burst when Universe comes out? My team leader has already decided to leave and is going to have a team meeting about it. The only way he'll stay is if one of the games is free (doubt it), but even then he'll mainly be on Universe.

Looks like I jumped on too late.

It would probably be best if you asked this question in a new thread. This is off-topic for this particular thread.

Anyway, I imagine a fairly large chunk of the PSO population will be moving on to PSU when it comes out. There is a decent chance that US/EU Blue Burst has reached its maximum population.

Spider
Aug 16, 2005, 11:53 PM
It died as soon as I went offline http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif