PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Weapon Sketches

Elvendar
Aug 11, 2005, 04:56 PM
Horribly crappy weapon sketches for a soon-to-be-posted fanfic.
http://www.dangeroused.com/art/weapons.jpg
The top is a photon whip, the bottom is a photon infused spear.

If you're interested in doing illustrations for the fanfic, please talk to me on AIM or Yahoo! Messenger http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ladyjaderiver
Aug 11, 2005, 05:26 PM
I like the look of that spear.

Ancient
Aug 11, 2005, 07:17 PM
Photon wips gotta be one of the most requested weapons never made for PSO. Man they are sooo cool!

ladyjaderiver
Aug 11, 2005, 07:56 PM
The problem with a Photon Whip, though, is that it would be impossible (pretty much) to make a flexible light beam, which is basically what photon weapons are. Maybe a regular whip or something might work, it would be a bit primitive, but, hey, there are katanas and other non-photon weapons already.

Ah, what the heck. It doesn't have to necessarily work to be in a story, especially not one that's futuristic like PSO. Maybe they figured out a way to do it. ^_^

Ancient
Aug 12, 2005, 12:18 AM
Dang you got me all thinking about that now Lady, so now I've spend way to much of my sleepy time putting this together:
Make a photon whip out of lots of individual peices, each with its own blades and multiple angles. Sort of like Ivy's whip/blade thingy for soul caliber.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/MSD3000/photon-whip.jpg
Somebody else can design the handle and tip, cause I'm le tired...zzzzz

ladyjaderiver
Aug 12, 2005, 12:28 AM
That is a really neat idea. ^_^ If I didn't totally suck at designing weaponry, I'd design the handle and tip of it for you... Well, mayhap I'll try anyway.

Anubis_
Aug 12, 2005, 10:01 AM
Ancient

From the way u drew that Ancient it makes me think ur somkinda cartoonist or something... lol..

the mind boggles..

Elvendar
Aug 12, 2005, 12:19 PM
The way I thought of it was a "thin, flexible wire that withdraws into the handle when not in use; when extended, the wire is surrounded with photon energy, thus making it a deadly weapon."

Ancient
Aug 12, 2005, 12:29 PM
That would work too...and be much easier to draw ^__^

WraithVerge
Aug 14, 2005, 11:44 AM
Make a photon whip out of lots of individual peices, each with its own blades and multiple angles. Sort of like Ivy's whip/blade thingy for soul caliber.

That's pretty much probably the only way to make a photon whip while keeping it 'realistic' to the PSO world. In it's resting state, it would be solid and look like a thin saber. Activated, the 'blade' becomes limp and whip-like. It could work like a lightsaber, where you have to press a button and hold it to keep the whip active. The instant you let go, it shuts off. That's one bad thing about a photon whip though... its a tad bit unwieldly and you may end up accidently striking yourself. X)

Puppet_Papaya
Aug 15, 2005, 09:34 AM
Ho boy, do i ever remember all the rumors back in the DC days about the Photon Whip. And here I thought I'd never actually see one. Nice work!