PDA

View Full Version : Will the PS2 and PC have a simutanious release date?

Omega_Nova
Aug 11, 2005, 11:03 PM
Hey everyone, I haven't been here in a long time and I doubt that anybody will remeber me but anyways here it goes.

I'm not gonna bother using the PS2 online for obvious limitations (IE lower graphics, proccessing power no access to keyboard currently no real point on spending money on modding it to play CDs)

Anyways I wanna know if the PS2 and PC versions will have a simutanious release date because I'm willing to import this game for the PC for online play.

_Tek_
Aug 12, 2005, 12:30 AM
I have a feeling that the PC version will come later for US, even though it should be easier to release right?

Omega_Nova
Aug 12, 2005, 09:42 AM
Thats a pity, well hopefully PC will be patched later on to have more language options.

Rubesahl
Aug 12, 2005, 02:01 PM
I'm hinting more for simultaneous release... One thing I've always found curious is FFXI's PC release in the US, which was more than 4 months appart from it's PS2 release which came afterwards. Also, ST said in the PSU edition of EGM that their developing for PC AND PS2 at the same time, which is really good news and means that it's REALLY probable that a simultaneous release will occur. Unlike FFXI which was 1st developed for PS2 and then PC. Another good thing about that is that the PC version will probably be smoother and use resources more intelligently than PSO BB. Not to mention it'll take more advantage of today's video cards ^_^ So really I wouldn't worry to much. And yeah PC version all the way! XD

Omega_Nova
Aug 12, 2005, 02:55 PM
yey, another PC fan.

I thought long an hard about getting the game for the PS2, but decided it was not worth it simply because of patches and graphics. I'll probably pick up the US verision of the game for the PS2.

rena-ko
Aug 12, 2005, 03:07 PM
i actually doubt that the PC ver and the PS2 ver will be that much different besides graphics, poly-count, adv. effects and the likes..

if they claim they're developing it parallely, then its a likely the release will be simultanously too.

Tomeeboy
Aug 12, 2005, 03:20 PM
Well, it does say Winter '06 for both on the official US site. I would guess that it would be a simultaneous release.

Omega_Nova
Aug 12, 2005, 03:38 PM
I just hope it is simutanious for Japan.

I'm just hoping it will be an international community like FFXI and not seperate communities...

_Tek_
Aug 12, 2005, 05:30 PM
I agree, ps2 an pc versions will probably have teh sam textures and poly count, the only difference will be resolution.

Luce
Aug 18, 2005, 12:11 AM
this might be a little off topic but my game imformer said that it will be released "this fall" didnt give a year just said this fall ummm yeah