PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Dad...

Allos
Aug 12, 2005, 09:05 PM

Solstis
Aug 12, 2005, 09:11 PM
Priviledge, smidgeledge, having your dreams crushed at any position in life sucks.

I'd be heartbroken if I repeatedly was spurned, or came across bad luck like that.

Kizaragu
Aug 13, 2005, 11:59 AM
I haven't met your father (obviousely), but by the sounds of it he comes across as a very brave strong man.
To be knocked down so many times and get back up again, despite the later consequences, he deserves a medal.

Maybe one day he'll finally get a break?
I hope he does. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

opaopajr
Aug 14, 2005, 08:33 AM
current management culture in america is very messed up. a lot of good people who could be really productive -- including some managers -- are being shafted and taken advantaged of by a modern cutthroat, amoral, manipulative management culture. it's really a pity.

sometimes i casually rail at bad management (ok, a lot) but i know there are good people everywhere. what pisses me off is how we are in an age that places greater importance on the exploitation of workers, pensions, investors, etc. good employees are your greatest asset in any business and it's bad to see them chewed up and spit out, even managers -- actually especially managers (they are the ones most likely to make everything work well for everybody).

it's been a bad 5-6 years. my sympathy for your father. he's in the thickest level of the pit, so he probably sees the worst of it and faced with ridiculous amounts of temptation. if he can retain his humanity and come out as still a good manager/person after this it'll be a major feat. it sucks when we live in overly corrupt times.

EphekZ
Aug 15, 2005, 12:56 AM
My mother is like that too shes in real estate (I wont go in to detail as to stay away from slight topic jacking) and gets burned alot.

but I guess things are looking up for her and she seems happy

I guess my advice (even thoough it seems like those fairy tail things) is at first you don't succeed try try again =(

Dangerous55
Aug 15, 2005, 01:06 AM
Sucks. But, I'm sure he makes more them my entire town combined.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2005-08-14 23:07 ]</font>

Allos
Aug 15, 2005, 04:04 PM