PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Lucius and Raven

ladyjaderiver
Aug 13, 2005, 09:41 AM
Well, this is the picture I was referencing in my "I have a question" thread. >.< The FOmar and HUmar in question are, in fact, the ones in my sig. (Insert fangirl "squee": They're so pretty!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/ladyjaderiver/PSOFanart/luciusraven.jpg

I've touched up some of the shading since I scanned this (I was very bored on my lunch break at work), but I really don't feel like watching it get slaughtered by my scanner again. I really need to get one that doesn't get rid of half my shading when I scan with it.

Using just pencil again was really fun, even if it DID take me three days to finish this. (Damn homework, classes, and my job!) Over all, I'm pretty happy with this. There are a few things I wish I had done better (I suck so badly at drawing hands it's not even funny), but... eh, it's pretty good.

Look! If it's possible: Since I started art school, I have an even LOWER opinion of my art! Scary, no?

I'm writing a fanfic about these two as well, and now I won't be too nervous about posting it here. ^_^ Aside from the fact that my writing is crap since I haven't done it in about three years, that is.

Maridia
Aug 13, 2005, 09:58 AM
Wow, they look great, Jade. Awesome stuff. I think it's great that they're in love. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's really sweet. I hope to see more of your great pencil skills. And I think the forum can handle that sort of thing. It's if they were kissing that some people might go augh~ But even then, they're both so beautiful, someone might think they were girls! XD Very gorgeous work.

Coincidentally, I also know and love the song in your sig XD Nice~!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2005-08-13 08:03 ]</font>

Solstis
Aug 13, 2005, 10:41 AM
P-p-p-pencilation!

I love your method of shading and... *runs out of art terms.* You'll just have to take my word for it that I like it.

ladyjaderiver
Aug 13, 2005, 11:13 AM
Coincidentally, I also know and love the song in your sig XD Nice~!

Utena rocks. ^_^ (The movie's a bit... odd... but the music is so good!)

Thanks for the comments - it makes me happy to know people like it.

trypticon
Aug 13, 2005, 12:42 PM
That's wonderful! Good show, you fwoun.

-z-
Aug 13, 2005, 03:28 PM
nice, you're a very skilled artist

EJ
Aug 13, 2005, 03:51 PM
Nice! I like it very much.

At first I thought they were both fomars since with the long hair and all. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DarianMaliken
Aug 13, 2005, 10:57 PM
I could nitpick if i knew more about anatomy however its a really good piece of art so i'll just shut up and drool over your pencily skills of goodness.

Edit: And the shonen Ai snuggle is cute. There a peticular story to these two or just two randomish guys that happen to be a pair?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarianMaliken on 2005-08-13 21:00 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Aug 13, 2005, 11:12 PM
There is a backstory for these two, and I'm working on writing it, but it sucks badly and I'm no where near done, so don't expect it any time in the near future, if ever finish it/post it at all. Not writing for three years really makes you rusty.

And Darien, please don't nitpick. Critiques I like (help me correct proportioning problems, or obiviously bad style issues and such), but just searching a drawing to find something wrong with it and to nitpick little details is just mean. Mind you, I don't really expect to get the kind of critique I like and find helpful here. I go to my teachers and classmates when I want that. ^_^

WraithVerge
Aug 14, 2005, 12:30 AM
Once again, excellent drawing! They seem at peace http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ... and the hair, as usual, is superb.

If you'd like some help with writing, I could lend a hand. While I'm no editor, I can proof-read for ya and help fix small errors. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2005-08-13 22:33 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Aug 14, 2005, 12:39 AM
Ooh, thanks. ^_^ Having more than one beta-reader is never a bad thing... (LadyRedComet is my other beta.) It isn't really sentence structure or grammar that I really have a problem with (gods know LadyRed would make fun of me forever if I had trouble with that), but I just tend to use adjectives and descriptions that only make sense to me. >.< LRC is very helpful at pointing these out (I just have her insert, in bold or red text, comments about the weird phrasing I tend to use. It makes for a very funny read, and helps make me not feel so bad about my shortcomings.)

I'll probably still take you up on this and send it to you to proofread/beta before I post it. ^_^

Also, thanks for the compliment about the hair. I'm obsessive over hair, as I think many of you may have realized by this point... It's so much fun to draw, especially when it's shiny.

This is off topic, but WraithVerge, your avatar reminds me very much of Kakei Juubei from GetBackers. ^_^ Which is a good thing.

WraithVerge
Aug 14, 2005, 03:11 AM
On 2005-08-13 22:39, ladyjaderiver wrote:
Also, thanks for the compliment about the hair. I'm obsessive over hair, as I think many of you may have realized by this point... It's so much fun to draw, especially when it's shiny.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif ... one might think you're a hair stylist if you're not careful.

This is off topic, but WraithVerge, your avatar reminds me very much of Kakei Juubei from GetBackers. ^_^ Which is a good thing.

lol I thought the same thing as well, and that's partly why I picked it.

DarianMaliken
Aug 14, 2005, 08:14 AM
And Darien, please don't nitpick. Critiques I like (help me correct proportioning problems, or obiviously bad style issues and such), but just searching a drawing to find something wrong with it and to nitpick little details is just mean. Mind you, I don't really expect to get the kind of critique I like and find helpful here. I go to my teachers and classmates when I want that. ^_^

Yet another reason i didn't say anything since I doubt I could put my thoughts in a form that would help you improve what is already a very well done piece of work..

As for the fanfiction I would be interested in beta reading. I'm not sure how useful I would be, however I could let you know if there are parts that seem like they don't flow right with everything else.

Besides It would be refreashing to see good shonen/shojo ai since the relationship dynamics for either type of pairing interests me.

ladyjaderiver
Aug 14, 2005, 08:14 PM
On 2005-08-14 01:11, WraithVerge wrote:

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif ... one might think you're a hair stylist if you're not careful.

Hahahahaha... Me? A hairstylist? I only wish I could actually do stuff with my hair. Although I do sometimes tie it up with ribbons like Fuchouin Kazuki... ^_^ I just enjoy drawing hair. ^_^

lol I thought the same thing as well, and that's partly why I picked it.

OMG! *fangirls* I love GetBackers. ^_^

And thanks for volunteering as another beta, Darien. But I probably won't have anyone other than LadyRed read through it until it's done, which won't be for a long time. >.<