PDA

View Full Version : Someone please show me I'm not going mad...

Pogle
Aug 21, 2002, 01:03 PM
I don't know this spring into my head after about a year of being buried in the deepest, darkest region of my mind, but there was something unusual I saw once on PSO.

During an online game (way back in the days when you could join a game without knowing the people in them) I encountered a FOnewm. Having been new to the game, I supposed I never really noticed it, but whenever he stood still, this FOnewm would rest his hand on his hip, and now, as an experienced PSO Hunter, I can safely say that FOnewms don't usually do that.

Has anyone else seen this happen? Does anyone know how to make this happen? And can it occur with other characters? I had to post this to make sure the whole thing didn't just happen inside my brain.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 21, 2002, 01:12 PM
They do that when they walk with a staff =>_>=;

Darrin
Aug 21, 2002, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I only see them do that when running with a staff

Pogle
Aug 21, 2002, 01:38 PM
That was the strange thing though, they had a Saber. I've narrowed it down to a GameShark or some other device, but it was within the first few weeks of PSO so I don't think it could be that.
EDIT: I just remembered, the FOnewm only rest his hand on hip when standing still. I did ask the player what that was about, but he merely replied "He's a puff.", which wasn't very helpful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pogle on 2002-08-21 11:41 ]</font>

Darrin
Aug 21, 2002, 01:40 PM
I don't really know then. I dont really use FOnewmns

HC82
Aug 21, 2002, 02:52 PM
That has to be THE funniest walk I've ever seen in any rpg to date(pretty boy FOnewman). Iam pretty sure it's a staff only walk, but then again most people very rarely walk but always run. So I have no idea if it's a saber animation walk, or maybe the fonewmen saber animation walk also has a hand to hip walk, but done in a different manner.

TedEdFred
Aug 21, 2002, 04:33 PM
It's in the video for the clan PIMP. I downloaded it along time ago, it's funny.

rbf2000
Aug 21, 2002, 06:03 PM
FOnewm waddle (http://members.lycos.co.uk/rbf2000/waddle.mpg) 2.3mb

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rbf2000/justinhip.jpg

FOnewms only do the waddle with the stick. Nothing special w/ wands or sabers.

Ian D
Aug 21, 2002, 07:34 PM
Oh, FOnewm, you sexy thing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rylios
Aug 21, 2002, 07:57 PM
weird never noticed it i always thought it swung like the humars

Ness
Aug 21, 2002, 08:07 PM
On 2002-08-21 11:38, Pogle wrote:
That was the strange thing though, they had a Saber. I've narrowed it down to a GameShark or some other device, but it was within the first few weeks of PSO so I don't think it could be that.
EDIT: I just remembered, the FOnewm only rest his hand on hip when standing still. I did ask the player what that was about, but he merely replied "He's a puff.", which wasn't very helpful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pogle on 2002-08-21 11:41 ]</font>

Maybe they do that when they have a saber too.

TeamPhalanx
Aug 21, 2002, 09:17 PM
Perhaps (since it's been a long time since the encounter) your memory's just playing tricks on you.

RavenTW
Aug 21, 2002, 09:56 PM
It doesn't work with sabers. FOnewms act like HUmars or RAmars or HUcasts in handeling sabers.

Like Phalanx said, could be your imagination.

SS_Death
Aug 22, 2002, 03:48 AM
Ah but a getting a broom for a HUmar...

That makes them stand there like a fool with a hand on their hip, and the techniques...

...Can you say bad ballet?...

Daikarin
Aug 22, 2002, 10:41 AM
Bottom line, you're not getting mad.

We all are. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pogle
Aug 22, 2002, 06:04 PM
Ah, that would make sense.
Speaking of weapons, has anyone else been slightly miffed by spending days (even weeks) trying to get a rare weapon (Soul Eater, Toy Hammer to name but a few) only to discover the weapon is utterly, utterly pap?