PDA

View Full Version : SPECIAL WEAPONS???? and Tekkers

NoeGenisis
Aug 21, 2002, 01:29 PM
Ok heres a question, i went thru Ultimate caves today and found 8 chainswords, if i take untekked special weapons into a different section id game online will the tekker tell me they are something else? (hope hope prey)

Darrin
Aug 21, 2002, 01:37 PM
I dont think it will work that way, I think it will change on weapons like ???? Saber or something like that. I might be wrong

Malkavian
Aug 21, 2002, 01:56 PM
In the tekker you can only change 10% up or down and if is a ????saber or another basic weapon you can change the special rank but not the type, for example if is fire saber you can get a rank down, heat saber, or a rank up flame saber.

NoeGenisis
Aug 21, 2002, 05:16 PM
i was kinda leaning towards taking an untekked special wep into another game knowing my tekker would make it a Chainsword(probably)as different tekkers might tek something in that section id rather tham my own.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 21, 2002, 08:06 PM
On 2002-08-21 11:56, Malkavian wrote:
In the tekker you can only change 10% up or down and if is a ????saber or another basic weapon you can change the special rank but not the type, for example if is fire saber you can get a rank down, heat saber, or a rank up flame saber.

I've seen a 30% swing in enemy percentage on Special Weapons. 15% up and down.

VanishingHero
Aug 21, 2002, 09:39 PM
I thought tekkers could do up to 15%?

RavenTW
Aug 21, 2002, 09:51 PM
The only difference is in Percentages, Elements, and maybe grinding amount. No change in weapons, actually.

Malkavian
Aug 22, 2002, 09:05 AM
The percentage changes 10% up or down, that makes a total of 20% max difference.
yes I forgot the grind number does change too.

The one that posted this thinks the weapon it is is said by the tekker but that's false. The weapon is determined even before is dropped. When you make a game with a certain ID, the things that can appear are determined. tekkers only change the weapon from special weapon to its real form, doeasnt say which weapon it is, sicne you can know , what it is only knowing the ID in team

gunome
Aug 22, 2002, 02:21 PM
i cant wait for GC and the possibility of 100% weps.... *drools* but ya 10% is the mmost change cuz if u found a spec with 50% untekked it could go ovre 60 and we cant have that now

NoeGenisis
Aug 22, 2002, 02:31 PM
ok thanks people. that has helped.

Cabel
Aug 22, 2002, 03:49 PM
OK, so its possible to tekker something up and down 10%. But generally I find there are only 3 possible numbers I can get. Say I find an Imperial Pick, with 20% on caves, and I take it to my tekker, i get for example, 10%, 15%, and 20%. So how is it possible to tekker it up in this case. Should I take it to a different tekker who will give me the 10% up rather than down? Is what the woman in the shops says true, that different tekkers have different specialities, ie. they like to % up on some weaps and down on others?

TedEdFred
Aug 22, 2002, 06:18 PM
whatever % you find it at it will go 10 higher or lower.

so if you find something with %20 the max you can get on it is 30% and the lowest is 10%

HC82
Aug 22, 2002, 09:50 PM
TedEdFred speaks the truth.

So it's possible if you have a weapon with 3 sections filled up (ie. 50%, 0, 50%, 50%), each of those percents could go up or down by 10%. So it's possible to get the 50,0,50,50 to 60,0,60,60.

If a section on the weapon is 0% then it CAN NOT go up or down at all. SO it's better to have a section with -5% then 0%, because you can tek the -5% to +5%. But the 0% will always stay at 0%

Neogame2
Aug 23, 2002, 07:21 AM
But none of you have answered Noegenisis question: would the weapon be ID as somthing esle, YES or NO?

RavenTW
Aug 23, 2002, 08:06 AM
NO! One way you know it can't change is the sign by the SPECIAL WEAPON???? whether there is a sword, gun, or shepherd's stick.

Also, you can know what it is without tekking it. if you have the neccesary ATK, ATA, or MST, you can equip it, and see what it looks like in the areas.

gunome
Aug 23, 2002, 08:17 AM
if there is % in more thanone area they will all go up or down together the same amount, it will always be the same wep,and you can always get 10% higher than what it says you may jus have to spend alot of money or it might give it to you right away...