PDA

View Full Version : The truth about the release date...Is Its coming out First q

therealAERO
Aug 15, 2005, 02:58 AM
Poll: Based off this information I have provided do you think PSU will be released this coming Winter?

I seriously believe PSU will be coming out this winter(as in December, January, Feburary) Just look at SEGA'S official web site. Check out their next releases. Right above PSU they show Condemned Criminal Origins. I looked at the release date for Condemned and it says Holiday Season 2005. PSU says Winter 2006 and its literally right below Condemned. Why would sega even show us PSU if it wasn't going to get released fairly soon. If it really is slated for say Decemeber 2006 than why are there no games above PSU, but below Condemned. Are you telling me Sega is stopping all production on every game just to work on PSU. I don't think so... Ok feel free to discuss.

Also I love my new Avatar Ethan is one good looking guy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: therealAERO on 2005-08-15 01:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: therealAERO on 2005-08-17 21:28 ]</font>

Reenee
Aug 15, 2005, 10:18 AM
Did you know that January and February is also part of the Winter season? As in, January/February 2006?

Yeah...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2005-08-15 08:19 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 15, 2005, 10:28 AM
I've got my doubts about the JP release date as shown in the sticky thread. Besides, i'm sure someone will come along with a bug that'll hold things back.

BWS-1
Aug 15, 2005, 03:31 PM
Hmmm ... I say spring/summer 2006 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reenee
Aug 15, 2005, 04:26 PM
I say you shouldn't post crap especially since you're not Sonic Team/Sega.

Rubesahl
Aug 15, 2005, 06:34 PM
One thing that worries me is that there hasn't been any beta announced... Though it may be still too early, and that's if there even is a beta...

Quo
Aug 15, 2005, 06:46 PM
I'm placing my bets on summer 2007.

Sonic Team would have to have the worst marketing skills in the world to release PSU this winter since BB is so new. And games are always delayed past their original release date.

Personally I'd prefer it came out later than sooner. I'd rather have a quality product than some piece of crap that was obviously rushed due to consumer demand.

DarK-SuN
Aug 15, 2005, 07:18 PM
Not that new, it's 1 year old (although that's fairly new for online RPGs, but considering it's just a new version of a previous installments, it doesn't count the same way); they'll do these calculations by the PSOBB japanese release date, not by the US release date.

Reenee
Aug 15, 2005, 07:57 PM
It's been revealed at least year's E3 for crying out loud.

Parn
Aug 15, 2005, 08:26 PM
That, and no one gives a rat's ass about any edition of Phantasy Star Online, save the small population of players that haven't gotten tired of it since its original release in December of 2000.

The property is going to be a month shy of five years old when Phantasy Star Universe releases, assuming the release is on schedule. Bad marketing, my ass.

therealAERO
Aug 15, 2005, 10:19 PM
On 2005-08-15 14:26, Reenee wrote:
I say you shouldn't post crap especially since you're not Sonic Team/Sega.

Jeez have an attitude why don't you >_< Did I say this was true? No. Also I even made a poll to see your guys' opinions. As for the PSOBB thing...Blue burst sucks and not many people play it anymore. I have a feeling they want to clean their hands of all that is PSO in America... Anywho I would be very sad if they didn't release it at the quoted time on their site. Also no one has even said its been delayed. Its hasn't been announced on the Official SEGA website. So until they change their date I am sticking to my theory

Also PSU was revealed 2004 e3 I watched the trailer in SEGA's Booth when I was there ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: therealAERO on 2005-08-15 20:25 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Aug 16, 2005, 03:56 PM
2007? I hardly think so :/ With the engine as it looks now and PS3 already being in it's second year, it'd be kinda weird to release a PS2 game in 2007 >_> That's just my opinion though http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif PSU hasn't been rushed at all, it's clearly taken it's enough time. Plus they started developing it before last year's E3. You also have to take in consideration they may already have some code or at least concepts done from PSO. It's not like they have to make a battle system from scratch. They already have many ideas that were successful in PSO and are going to carry on in PSU. So that should cut down some on developing.

I wouldn't doubt PSU to get delayed a la Ep1&2 for GC but me thinks it won't be that much delayed either. Here's hoping it's not delayed ><;

Quo
Aug 16, 2005, 04:57 PM
When I said summer 2007, I was referring to the state-side release, by the way.

The way I see it, hoping PSU will be released this winter is a little too optimistic. I figure "winter 2006" probably means 4th Quarter 2006. And then it'll probably be delayed once or twice. I figure it'll hit Japan Q4 2006 and then US late Q1 or Q2 2007. Europe's release date will probably be later still.

So in the end, my assumptions are based on pessimism and video game release trends.

Chill out everyone, one guy's beliefs aren't going to change the actual release date. I just think you're all setting yourselves up for dissapointment by hoping for an early release. Only time will tell.

Rubesahl
Aug 16, 2005, 06:55 PM
On 2005-08-16 14:57, Quo wrote:
When I said summer 2007, I was referring to the state-side release, by the way.

Ah ok ^_^ Well I'm not that worked up about it, you really are right about video game releases being how they are :/

Zelutos
Aug 16, 2005, 07:27 PM
If you look on the Sega.com PSU page, it clearly says "Winter, 2006" which could either mean January/February, or next November/December.

_Tek_
Aug 16, 2005, 08:04 PM
And next novermber december sounds really ridiculous.

therealAERO
Aug 17, 2005, 08:40 AM
They have been working on PSU for such a long time though. Also we don't even know exactly how "long" that time is, but I'm sure it was after the time they released PSO ep 3. Did you know Nintendo began plans for the revolution even before the launch of the Gamecube? So I'm sure Sonic Team has spent more than enough time on this game. They just didn't tell us until e3 2004. Its there biggest project so far and has been building hype for it to come out this year or early next not late next year that would be bad marketing on their part. Look at all the articles it has had so far. Especially the interview with Yuji Naka in Electronic Gaming Monthly. It seems he is hinting at a near future release date.

Reenee
Aug 17, 2005, 10:03 AM
Okay, really, somebody just e-mail Sega/Sonic Team on this just really quick. Just tell them, "Hey, Winter 2006 is a really confusing date. Is it supposedly coming in January/February 2006 or December 2006?"

Done.

Seriously, anybody who's saying anything it'll be released far beyond this coming Jan/Feb, you lack some common sense. Do some research by searching old threads. It was clearly stated the Japanese version is being released at the end of this year.

Cynric
Aug 17, 2005, 10:21 AM
On 2005-08-17 08:03, Reenee wrote:
Okay, really, somebody just e-mail Sega/Sonic Team on this just really quick. Just tell them, "Hey, Winter 2006 is a really confusing date. Is it supposedly coming in January/February 2006 or December 2006?"

Do you honestly think they're going to answer that? Game companies will neevr release a date until the game is 100% done. Something vague like this is a game company's candy. If something goes wrong and they have to do a huge overhaul in development, then this vague time lets them wait until December 06 and they still technically wouldn't have lied.

Reenee
Aug 17, 2005, 11:46 AM
Yeah, well, something like that comes quite sooner or later. But what I'm asking for is a clarification, not the exact date, KAYTHANKS.

Quo
Aug 17, 2005, 12:27 PM
On 2005-08-17 08:21, Cynric wrote:

On 2005-08-17 08:03, Reenee wrote:

Do you honestly think they're going to answer that? Game companies will neevr release a date until the game is 100% done. Something vague like this is a game company's candy. If something goes wrong and they have to do a huge overhaul in development, then this vague time lets them wait until December 06 and they still technically wouldn't have lied.

Yeah, well, it can't hurt. I just sent them an e-mail through the customer service section of their website. According to them, if they haven't replied in 24 hours, they've brushed me off. :/

therealAERO
Aug 17, 2005, 01:07 PM
That is a good idea, but I would rather call them, that is if they had customer service representatives, Nintendo does why doesn't Sega??

SubstanceD
Aug 17, 2005, 02:06 PM
I did not vote.

For what it's worth, I don't think this game is going to come out in the US or Europe untill 4th Quarter 2006.

I do understand your confusion about the release date however, I do remember reading somewhere ( I am not exactly sure where ) that the Offline portion of the game was 80% Complete. Apparently it's the Online bit that is taking so long. I think PSU is almost complete but that we won't see it untill Sonic Team are happy with the Online portion of the game.

Quo
Aug 17, 2005, 08:27 PM
OK. So Sega Technical Support replied to my E-mail.

They said this:

"Dear Mr. [Quo's last name],

Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support.

It should be released first quarter of 2006.

Sincerely,

-Sandi
Sega of America Technical Support"

You guys win. I still expect delays, but PSU should definately be out sooner rather than later.

DarK-SuN
Aug 17, 2005, 08:52 PM
Interesting, Quo.
If that mail reply isn't a mistake in some way, we'll all be happy pretty soon.

BWS-1
Aug 17, 2005, 08:56 PM
Sounds like a ... spring/summer 2006 to me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

therealAERO
Aug 17, 2005, 11:26 PM
Mwhahahahaaa I was right!! WHooooo!!!! Thanks goes to Quo for emailing Sega and getting the answer relatively quick!!

Although the release date is official, nothing says it will or will not be delayed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: therealAERO on 2005-08-17 21:35 ]</font>

Reenee
Aug 18, 2005, 12:29 AM
Somebody owes me an apology.

*giddy like a schoolgirl*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2005-08-17 22:29 ]</font>

Quo
Aug 18, 2005, 12:32 AM
On 2005-08-17 22:29, Reenee wrote:
Somebody owes me an apology.

*giddy like a schoolgirl*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2005-08-17 22:29 ]</font>

On 2005-08-17 18:27, Quo wrote:

You guys win.

That's as close to an apology as you're going to get. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reenee
Aug 18, 2005, 01:21 AM
Might want to reread the topic again there...

SubstanceD
Aug 18, 2005, 02:41 PM
Well, this is pleasant news. Hopefully it won't get delayed ( and hopefully it won't take long for it to come out over here in Europe ).

The anticipation for this game has been killing me. I need my PSO fix and Episodes 1+2 on the GC ( don't even mention BB on the PC to me ) are no longer doing the trick, hopefully PSU will egt the job done.

Rubesahl
Aug 18, 2005, 03:34 PM
Wee that's nice to hear http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'll hopefully have my hands on the jpn pc ver this holiday season XD a merry x-mas it will be...

DarK-SuN
Aug 18, 2005, 11:44 PM
And then our lives will be consumed by PSU, just like it was before when PSO was first released... XD

"And we unlived happilly ever after, logged in PSU... THE END!" or something like that.

The scary part is the fact I'm really hoping this is true, I wanna get as hooked in PSU as I was for the first two years of PSO; mind you, I still love PSO and I still consider it one of my favourite games of all time, but it's not new anymore, even though I still play it to this day.
Old addictions die hard. XD

Reenee
Aug 19, 2005, 09:57 AM
On 2005-08-18 21:44, DarK-SuN wrote:

Took 5000 hours for me. =

DarK-SuN
Aug 19, 2005, 10:33 AM
On 2005-08-19 07:57, Reenee wrote:

On 2005-08-18 21:44, DarK-SuN wrote:

Took 5000 hours for me. =

I think I'm well over that by now, taking into consideration the playtime across all the versions I played; PSOv1JP, PSOv1EU (started over since the saves were not compatible from the JP version), PSOv2JP (corrupted and started over), PSOv2US, PSOPC, PSOX, PSOGC, PSOep3 (not exactly the same, but still PSO) and now PSOBB.

I believe the addiction for PSO will only die with PSU; not exactly die per se, more like get revitalised and transfered over to PSU. XD

FrozenFlame41
Oct 14, 2005, 07:53 PM
I'm placing my bets on summer 2007.

Sonic Team would have to have the worst marketing skills in the world to release PSU this winter since BB is so new. And games are always delayed past their original release date.

Personally I'd prefer it came out later than sooner. I'd rather have a quality product than some piece of crap that was obviously rushed due to consumer demand.

Just because it was made by Sonic Team doesn't mean its the same exact devs making it buddy.

Different people work on BB and different people work on PSU. Hell, for all we know, the devs could have started both projects at the same time, just PSU is coming out later then BB did.

therealAERO
Oct 14, 2005, 11:30 PM
If sega's email about the release date didn't convince you than maybe the fact that sega put another game on their release list. Chrome hounds, and thats not the interesting part. Chrome hounds is under PSU. Meaning it will come out Spring 2006, and as you are all aware of Spring 2005 is not the same as Spring 2006. So now that means Winter 2006 means the Winter coming up: December, January, and Feburary. I think its safe to say we will be playing PSU realitively soon.

FrozenFlame41
Oct 15, 2005, 12:03 AM
I'm praying for a Feb. release, but I wouldn't be surprised if they push it back to May ;_;

Rion772
Oct 15, 2005, 12:33 PM
I don't care when it's released as long as it is released and not before the end of january. My reasoning for saying this is that I won't have Broadband until then, and i'm going to be an online only player basically.