PDA

View Full Version : Lies about reality check!

Oplem
Aug 15, 2005, 01:59 PM
Reality Check, the anti drinking//smoking//drugs people. They have ads on the tv and stuff. They are big around my home.

The school is full of kids wearing the shirts and wrist bands and saying that smoking isn't cool. Now, the biggest reality check person is a female by the name of Wendy. She adores reality check and wants everyone to listen to her and go to their partys.

I ran into her at a party one night. She was smoking and drinking and having a good old blast. Now, isn't that what she was preaching was wrong? I asked her about it, and she was like "so what? I'm living life.."

Yes, but you were just saying earlier that smoking kills. And what really killed me was, her anti drinking and driving, she got into a car and drove off after the party.

Lies lies lies about Reality Check. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

95% of those in Reality Check do what they preach against.

Stan
Aug 15, 2005, 02:07 PM
Who cares, let them. It's their own choice to do exactly the things they preach are wrong. If it backfires on them, too bad. That's how people are.

Tact
Aug 15, 2005, 02:08 PM
On 2005-08-15 11:59, Oplem wrote:
95% of those in Reality Check do what they preach against.

Perhaps they have already started doing these things before making the group. Then they made the group to tell other people about it so the other people don't go through what the "Checkers" are.

Edit: Subject-Verb agreement...grr.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2005-08-15 13:30 ]</font>

Kizaragu
Aug 15, 2005, 02:15 PM
On 2005-08-15 12:08, Tact wrote:
Perhaps they has already started doing these things before making the group. Then they made the group to tell other people about it so the other people don't go through what the "Checkers" are.
Exactly so. She's experienced it first hand in a way.

Just because she herself isn't following her own advice, at least she's out there trying to prevent other folk from going down the same path I guess.

InfinityXXX
Aug 15, 2005, 02:30 PM
lol, that reminds me of the kids at my school that be in "Cardinals for Christ" club and all the people in it fornicate and curse and do drugs.

Skuda
Aug 15, 2005, 03:25 PM
kids these days... *shakes head*

how do they sleep at night?

TheOneHero
Aug 15, 2005, 03:36 PM
On 2005-08-15 13:25, Scott_Kuda wrote:
kids these days... *shakes head*

how do they sleep at night?

Easy.

They're so stoned/drunk, they just pass out.

space_butler
Aug 15, 2005, 03:46 PM
theres something wrong with drunken teenage partys?

Link00seven
Aug 15, 2005, 04:52 PM
On 2005-08-15 13:46, space_butler wrote:
theres something wrong with drunken teenage partys?

Depends on your views. I'm not going to goto a party with drugs and stuff, but if anyone wants to...go ahead.

Regarding your friend Wendy -- I say just let her do what she wants. She is indeed being a hypocrite, but there is nothing you can do about it. Just try not to smoke/drink yourself.

Oplem
Aug 15, 2005, 10:35 PM
That is true. Thanks all of you. As for me? I do whatever I'm doing at the moment. But I refuse to join Reality Check

opaopajr
Aug 16, 2005, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the modern times where hypocrisy is standard fair -- if not publicly accepted policy. This is one of the signs of the imminent demise of an empire/nation. But anyhoo...

You just learned one of the most important lessons about life. He who is self-righteous is a hypocrite, 95 times out of 100. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anyone who gets preachy with you, instead of patiently imparting wisdom, is trying to control you. And there's no way they are going to listen to their own advice -- that's not for them, they are the masters who issue commands, it's to the dummies/puppets to obey their dictates.

Their mantra: Do as I say, not do as I do.
The wise response: Fuck off.

And now you know...

Solstis
Aug 16, 2005, 10:18 AM
And knowing is half the battle. The other half involves killing people, but no one talks about that.

Another group that annoys me is those "Straight-Edge" kids. They make a group that shuns things such as drugs an alcohol, things that people do just in order to fit in. At the same time, they parade around wearing pretty similar clothes, some silly markings on their hands, and attend functions dedicated to their cause.

Hello? You do realize that you are still being sheep, right? Just in different directions.

Scejntjynahl
Aug 16, 2005, 11:30 AM
On 2005-08-16 08:18, Solstis wrote:
And knowing is half the battle. The other half involves killing people, but no one talks about that.

Another group that annoys me is those "Straight-Edge" kids. They make a group that shuns things such as drugs an alcohol, things that people do just in order to fit in. At the same time, they parade around wearing pretty similar clothes, some silly markings on their hands, and attend functions dedicated to their cause.

Hello? You do realize that you are still being sheep, right? Just in different directions.

What??!!?? No abstinance from sex?! Preety lame straight edge if you ask me.

It all boils down to this everquest to "belong" to feel you are worth something. Since you can not do it on your own, perhaps in greater numbers you may. Pfft. Bunch of sardines if you ask me.

Solstis
Aug 16, 2005, 11:38 AM
On 2005-08-16 09:30, Scejntjynahl wrote:

On 2005-08-16 08:18, Solstis wrote:

What??!!?? No abstinance from sex?! Preety lame straight edge if you ask me.

It all boils down to this everquest to "belong" to feel you are worth something. Since you can not do it on your own, perhaps in greater numbers you may. Pfft. Bunch of sardines if you ask me.

Oh yes, sex too, forgot about that. I suppose that it is better than resorting to (expensive) drugs, you still are relying on something for support.

I suppose that there's a positive side to that, but I'm too stubborn to see it.

Curiosity
Aug 16, 2005, 02:56 PM
And what really killed me was, her anti drinking and driving, she got into a car and drove off after the party.

I personally couldn't care less what others do, since it generally doesn't/wouldn't affect me in the least. That part however, could potentially directly affect me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif Or rather maybe not me per se, but someone other than the person doing said activities.

But as someone said earlier...

Welcome to the modern times where hypocrisy is standard fair -- if not publicly accepted policy.

Que cera cera (hmm, maybe it's sera sera, don't remember for sure...)... I guess...? Pfft, maybe not... Whatever, it's life, such as it is...