PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Need some detailed advice (HU and RA selection)

Russian
Aug 15, 2005, 05:21 PM
I've been playing PSO off and on since it was released for the Dreamcast. I experimented with a variety of characters until I decided my favorite was the FOnewm, both for his looks (which had lots of uniqueness and personality) and for the fact that I simply enjoyed being a FO who could solo pretty good. I also played a FOmarl to good degree, mostly support.

I'm finding myself uninterested in the other characters I've created for BB, and it didn't really click with me until today why that is.

They are Androids.

To offset my choice of FOnewm as my main, I decided to pick the unloved RAcaseal and the neat-looking HUcaseal as compliment. My original side character was a RAmarl, which I gave up soon after ending up in 5 RAmarl-only games in a matter of a week. I know the RAmarl is very popular, and I generally choose characters who are a bit off-beat. I didn't mind the masses at first but it got ridiculous >> Talk about identity crisis!

Anyway, so yes, I thought back over all the characters I've had success with, or loved playing, and they were all Human or Newman. FOnewm, FOmarl, FOnewearl, RAmar, HUmar, etc.

I don't have anything against Androids. I think they are cool looking and have some great bonuses... But I think my love of Forces and spellcasting in general is really keeping me from getting into using an Android, despite their handy natural advantages.

Anyway, I apologize for the lengthy setup, but I wanted to ask the more knowledgable posters here some advice on character choice in this matter. A great deal of the basic character information is completely outdated in the guides page, and despite my experience with the game, I have never taken a HU or RA to great heights.

HUmars don't seem to be nearly as popular as they were before, but I'm not interested in playing a HUnewearl, so that seems to be the way to go for my Hunter. I did like my HUcaseal though, and enjoyed using Slicers on her, which are one of my favorite weapons. I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know some of the pros and cons of using a HUmar, and how well they solo, as I generally solo with my side-characters.

Similarly, I'm thinking RAmar for my Ranger, and have the same question. Also, though I will make my own choice as I go along, I'd like to know what the better weapon choices would be for a HUmar or RAmar, as I'd like to know what IDs to shoot for (though I'm thinking Skyly for the HU and Purplenum for the RA).

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this post annoys anyone http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

itsstephenyo
Aug 15, 2005, 06:16 PM
i love my humar. i also have a ramarl and a hunewearl and definitely the most fun one to play thus far has been my humar.

Tycho
Aug 15, 2005, 11:45 PM
On 2005-08-15 16:16, itsstephenyo wrote:
i love my humar. i also have a ramarl and a hunewearl and definitely the most fun one to play thus far has been my humar.
Did you read all of his post? XP

I'm tired, so I'll answer the questions the easy (but not less complete) way. Class comparison (http://www.tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/ClassComparison.html), equipments (http://www.tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/OptimumEquipment.html) ya should be shooting for.

Russian
Aug 16, 2005, 12:47 AM
Thank you Tycho. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif This is much more like what I was hoping to find here, had those guides been updated recently.

I appreciate it.

Also, in another topic I'm about to reply to, it seems HUmars and RAmars are still looked down on due to their past overpopularity. Maybe it's just the places I'm playing on BB but I see way more HUnewearls and HUcasts than HUmars, and way, way more RAmarls and RAcasts than RAmars. Either way I'm probably going to go that way. I really want spells ~_~ Even if my choices aren't the best spellcasters.

Any other opinions?