PDA

View Full Version : Section ID's effects in multiplayer games

Galapopik
Aug 16, 2005, 12:11 AM
Hi, all -

My wife and I play together offline, split-screen (sucks, I know, but we can't play online together). We were wondering how drops and the game in general are affected by the fact that there are two section IDs at work. Let's say, for example, that I'm Purplenum and she's Pinkal. If I'm player 1, my tekker is there, leading us to believe we're in a "Purplenum game." We assume that rares that we find will be based on purplenum drop rates, etc. Is this correct? And if so, what if we get a red "rare" box from shooting a regular item crate? Which ID determines the find? The ID of the one who shot the box? Player 1? It all seems confusing to us, so anyone who knows or understands, please enlighten us. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

- Nate

Saiffy
Aug 16, 2005, 12:15 AM
You are correct, player 1 is the section ID that the game uses. Same goes for online play(However, on V3 you can change the games ID)

Galapopik
Aug 16, 2005, 12:53 AM
Hmm, how does one change the game's ID in ver3?

Saiffy
Aug 16, 2005, 12:57 AM
On 2005-08-15 22:53, Galapopik wrote:
Hmm, how does one change the game's ID in ver3?

In multimode it cannot be done except my quitting the game and selecting another character as player one. Online however, player 1 simply leaves the game(And player two as well if player 3 is the ID you want, etc.) and have anybody remaining in the game go down to Ragol, come back up, and the tekker should have changed to the appropriate ID. If not, simply try again. The other players can rejoin the game now as well.