PDA

View Full Version : Where on f****** Phobos is our Coop mode ?!

BWS-1
Aug 21, 2002, 05:54 PM
Really, why are most FPS games with a cool single player story no longer have the coop mode?? Remember Doom II, Duke Nukem 3d and all the old middle 90' games, THEY ALL HAD A COOP MODE! And that was waayy cooler then all of today's Capture the flag, Swat vs Terrorsit, deathmatche modes that we find in every FPS games with online compatibility -_-

rbf2000
Aug 21, 2002, 09:56 PM
Timesplitters 2 has a co op mode. I don't think its coming to the PC, though.

Shadow_Blade
Aug 21, 2002, 09:59 PM
On 2002-08-21 19:56, rbf2000 wrote:
Timesplitters 2 has a co op mode. I don't think its coming to the PC, though.

The original did too. Not to forget halo either.

Dangerous55
Aug 21, 2002, 10:19 PM
Perfect Dark, framerate was bad then though.

BWS-1
Aug 21, 2002, 10:42 PM
-_- I forgot to mention PC COOP MODE ... I know all the console have one or 2 coop mode titles, I don't give a dam about them, althought I found a few of them pretty cool, I'm just wondering why on earth did we let down that MODE in the PC FPS world????

Ian D
Aug 22, 2002, 10:17 AM
Your right man, my favorite games are all co-op games, especially Mystical Ninja. I spent a whole friggen day online playing that with a guy over the internet with an emulator. Very fun and we beat it!

Nidarrock
Aug 22, 2002, 01:54 PM
Even though I'm not a pc user I understand your frustrations. I think more games should have a co-op mode other than just FPS. That mode IS the only thing that made Halo worthwhile.

BWS-1
Aug 22, 2002, 05:10 PM
Hey, when you think about it, even tho PSO ain't a FPS, the coop mode is what made it worthwile ... how would PSO be if it was only, a "battle mode" kind of game when played online? ... I don't even want to think about it.

Deathscythealpha
Aug 22, 2002, 05:26 PM
I think one reason co-op modes seemed to have died out on the pc is that fps' have become more story based with. If you made the game so it could be played with 2 or more people you would have to re-record voice over so they would acknowledge more then one player, and this would take time. You also have cut scenes being added and some people may get a bit fed up waiting online for a cutscene to play out.

I know alot of modders seem to make co-op mods now (The Deus Ex co-op mod was recentaly released) so maybe thats one way the pc fps population can enjoy co-op once again.

Falkon
Aug 22, 2002, 09:20 PM
It's multiplayer co-op, but TRIBES is based on cooperation. Some must attack, some most defend, all must work together...

ABDUR101
Aug 23, 2002, 05:41 AM
I was in a Tribes squad way back "in the day", then ran out and pre-ordered Tribes 2 when it was released, and my old comp could'nt handle it. Bought a new comp and haven't played it since =O

Sojo
Aug 23, 2002, 04:32 PM
This new game I've got, Morrowind, would be absolutely fantastic if it had a co-op mode!!

If anyone here's seen or played it you'll understand why...

ABDUR101
Aug 23, 2002, 04:38 PM
Yeah, Morrowind would own if it were co-op multiplayer. And I say co-op multiplayer, as in, X-box LIVE multiplayer, not split screen.

And co-op, because it would'nt be too fun playing and suddenly having your new sword that you busted your ass to find or buy be stolen by some little thug with a crossbow. I mainly used long swords and spears in that game, but I jacked my marksmanship skill up since I found some Dwemar crossbows and decided to use them. 20 damage a pop is pretty damn good at a distance.

It really would have been nice to have a co-op mode. A sworder and distance marksman or wizard(too many classes to list) would have been great.

I loved Halo co-op. I myself also like team based combat games. Counter-Strike expecially. Nothing is funner than playing back-up in that game, because they never suspect you hiding in the spawn location with a sniper rifle or desert eagle =O

*pop pop goes your teams mates head*

I seriously need a team-play game for the X-box. Turok is going to fill my bloodlust, and it's multiplayer, but I doubt it's going to be co-op like Halo =(

BWS-1
Aug 24, 2002, 02:17 AM
Hey, I think, seriously, that ANYONE that has played Morrowind started praying for a mod to come out to enjoy this game online in coop mode ... ok maybe NOT everyone; assuming SOME OF US actually work on modding the game, not pray for it to be modded http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

*prays

Back to the FPS thing, I think players could enjoy Halo in coop mode, I mean, the Xbox handled it right, it was fitting to see the 2 soldiers in the scene of action and well, it made sence since even in single player, you're a bunch of soldier to fight your way trough the levels.