PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item Is there anything that nulls Megid?

rayner
Aug 16, 2005, 07:44 AM
I was just wondering if there are any items that totally Null the tech Megid, I hate doing the Temple in ep II because of the Megid spitting Lillies. I was looking at Brightness Circle and it says it protects against dark attacks... does this mean the chances are lower or it protects you totally?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubicon on 2005-08-16 05:45 ]</font>

Tact
Aug 16, 2005, 07:52 AM
Well, there is no one item that completely nullifies the threat of Megid. But you can combine the EDKs of different items to help this. Shields of Delsaber, Resist/Devils, and perhaps the Brightness Circle will greatly help you.

Ryna
Aug 16, 2005, 07:53 AM
Unfortunately, there is no "Anti-Megid" item. The only thing you can do is raise your EDK. Increased EDK lowers your odds of dying from Megid. If you raise your EDK above a certain threshold, you will not be affected by the Megid of certain enemies. For instance, I think the threshold for regular Temple Ob Lilys is 70. If you can get your EDK above that, you should be immune to the Lily Megid. However, if there is a Mil Lily around, you would not be totally immune since its Megid level varies.

rayner
Aug 16, 2005, 08:23 AM
O.k, I have a Spirit Garment and I can probably pipe a Hildetorr with my Pinkal for the Star Amplifier to make the Brightness Circle and I have a Shield of Delsaber.

Brightness Circle + 25 EDK
Shield of Delsaber + 25 EDK
Resist/Devil + 15 EDK
Resist/Devil + 15 EDK

I can work this cause I'm using God/Body to raise my defense right now and I have some pretty crappy armor... Parasite Wear: De Rol. This will raise my EDK to 80... will raising it to 95 or even 100 protect me from Grand Sorcerer Megid or Hildetorr?

I can work around the Defense problem but Megid annoys the hell out of me. Also anyone know about the Del Lilly Megid? Is it the same as Ob Lilly?

Fanta
Aug 16, 2005, 08:26 AM
I play Caves with Custome Frame ver.00 (18 EDK) Delsaber Kit (25 EDK) and 2 Resist/Devil's (30 EDK) which raises my EDK to either 73 EDK XD and I havent even been killed by 3 Mil Lilies I have seen.

Tact
Aug 16, 2005, 08:34 AM
On 2005-08-16 06:23, Rubicon wrote:
I can work around the Defense problem but Megid annoys the hell out of me. Also anyone know about the Del Lilly Megid? Is it the same as Ob Lilly?

If the Del Lilies are Ultimate Del Lilies, their Megid is even more dangerous. But, sadly, I do not know how to differentiate between high levels of Megid...but it does have those feathery-looking things around it. And that means it's pretty darn powerful.

Ryna
Aug 16, 2005, 08:37 AM
On 2005-08-16 06:23, Rubicon wrote:

Let me quote Saffran from this topic (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=93457&forum=7):

Well, I have 110 EDK, and that protects from any Megid, but I've never tried to go for 100 or more ELT.

Ob Lilies spit a Megid that has 64% chance of hitting. So if you have 65% EDK, it won't hit (ever). However Mil Lilies have allegedly 96% hit Megid (jp players told me it was 100% though) and the presence of a Mil boosts the Megid of Ob Lilies.

Del Lilies have 100% Megid in Ult, but their Megid in other difficulties is still strong.

Ill Gill also have very high hit Megid - again, in Ult it's 100%. Also, in Ultimate, some Ill Gill have multiple Hits weapons, so you might die from the sheer damage and not for the EDK...

Ult Deldepths have close to 100% Hit Megid as well.

Also:
Over 70% (or was it 75%?) in barta resistance adds a Cure Freeze effect.
Over 70%/75% in zonde resistance adds a Cure Shock effect.

So if you can go above 100, you should be able to survive Del Lily Megid.

Fanta
Aug 16, 2005, 08:39 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=676

Im not to sure, but I think the & is the EDK you need to not die from Megid.

AxelgearVII
Aug 16, 2005, 09:56 AM
the presence of a Mil boosts the Megid of Ob Lilies.

I have never ever heard of this. Interesting. ;o

Fanta
Aug 16, 2005, 10:00 AM
Tis true Axel!

Dana
Aug 16, 2005, 10:06 AM
well best setup IMO for EDK is

Weapons
Brightness Circle
-Resist/Devil
-Resist/Devil
-Resist/Devil
-God/abttle or Resist/Devil if your a FO maybe
Shield of Delsaber or light relief
Mag

Thats for 110 EDK

Hrith
Aug 16, 2005, 10:09 AM
The presence of a Mil boosts the Megid of Ob Lilies.or lowers it.

Neith
Aug 16, 2005, 10:10 AM
On 2005-08-16 07:56, AxelgearVIII wrote:

the presence of a Mil boosts the Megid of Ob Lilies.

I have never ever heard of this. Interesting. ;o

Yeah, I wasn't sure on this either, but a Milly I encountered yesterday confirmed this- made an Ob Lily spit a really, really good Megid.

rayner
Aug 16, 2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I've noticed a change in Megid of Ob Lilles when a Mil is around. I'm not sure if they have to be really close or just in the same room. I try not to keep them alive very long.

Dana
Aug 16, 2005, 11:56 AM
I think that Obs megid become the same as the mil liles when mil is near by

I am pretty sure

I didn't know it lowered it though!><

Tact
Aug 16, 2005, 12:05 PM
On 2005-08-16 08:09, Kef wrote:

Kef, I believe you are incorrect. If the Mil's Megid level is lower than that of the Ob Lilies, won't the Mil's Megid become the same level as the Obs'?

Fanta
Aug 16, 2005, 12:46 PM
The Mil Lily is 'The Leader' so the Ob Lilys 'copy' the Mil Lily.

Sitka
Aug 16, 2005, 01:02 PM
With 100 EDK I believe you can survive any megid attack from any monster. This would include mils, dels, torrs, Falz, sorceror's and so on. I have never been killed by megid with 100 edk on.

Now, Mericol, Merikle and Mericus kill instantly - and same with ill gil - 100 edk doesn't do jack against these attacks, because they are not megid-based.

I have hunted extensively in every megid area and have found the above to be true.

Sizzors
Aug 16, 2005, 01:08 PM
On 2005-08-16 11:02, Sitka wrote:
Now, Mericol, Merikle and Mericus kill instantly - and same with ill gil - 100 edk doesn't do jack against these attacks, because they are not megid-based.

I'm not sure if I was glitched or not and assuming you're talking about the 3 giant flowers, then I survived the 'instant' kill. On mormal I went to get to the Sea Beds with my force and at the flower it turned all purple but I didn't die. What happened was my Mag is one that casts invincibility when the PB guage if full, and I had 98, it turned purple and I got knocked down, but lost no health.

So if it's really possible to do that then there's a tip.

ice-slayer
Aug 16, 2005, 01:32 PM
I thought for the three flowers that the purple mist doesn't do anything to u until Vhard and the Blob things doesn't instantly kill u until Ultimate

rena-ko
Aug 16, 2005, 01:41 PM
On 2005-08-16 10:05, Tact wrote:

On 2005-08-16 08:09, Kef wrote:

Kef, I believe you are incorrect. If the Mil's Megid level is lower than that of the Ob Lilies, won't the Mil's Megid become the same level as the Obs'?

depends on what spawns first. they overwrite eachother, afaik.

Neith
Aug 16, 2005, 01:44 PM
Mericarol/Merikle/Mericus don't use their projectile attack to instant-kill until Ultimate mode. On other difficulties, I believe they inflict damage and status effects.

The 'mist' is pre-warned by a series of croaks, so can be dodged fairly easily. I think this mist instant-kills in all difficulties, maybe with varying chances- I can't say for sure as I haven't done enough CCA outside of Ultimate.

Ryna
Aug 16, 2005, 01:57 PM
On 2005-08-16 10:05, Tact wrote:

If I recall correctly, a Mil Lily's megid can end up being weaker than a regular Ob Lily. Since the Obs are copying the Mil, their Megid can end up being lower as well.

Fanta
Aug 16, 2005, 02:10 PM
Yay I was right! >_<

If you have any luck, all the Mil Lilies will generate lower levels of Megid.

decrescendo
Aug 16, 2005, 08:35 PM
for mils/torrs i go
- brightness circle
- resist/devil
- resist/devil
- resist/devil
- cure/paralysis [for the obs/hidelts around]
- light relief

...hasn't failed me yet. =]

KageRyuushin
Aug 16, 2005, 10:25 PM
On 2005-08-16 11:44, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Mericarol/Merikle/Mericus don't use their projectile attack to instant-kill until Ultimate mode. On other difficulties, I believe they inflict damage and status effects.

The 'mist' is pre-warned by a series of croaks, so can be dodged fairly easily. I think this mist instant-kills in all difficulties, maybe with varying chances- I can't say for sure as I haven't done enough CCA outside of Ultimate.

The croaking doesnt always mean it will spit its purple mist. Sometimes it will croak and no purple mist will follow

AxelgearVII
Aug 17, 2005, 01:02 AM

I have hunted extensively in every megid area and have found the above to be true.

Really? I remember back on GC when I went into PW4 with about 90 EDK, the Ill Gills Megid attack would sometimes just knock Axel down instead of killing him.

Quo
Aug 17, 2005, 01:51 AM
On 2005-08-16 23:02, AxelgearVIII wrote:

Really? I remember back on GC when I went into PW4 with about 90 EDK, the Ill Gills Megid attack would sometimes just knock Axel down instead of killing him.

I thought the meri's did set damage and that just looked like an insta-kill move since most people didn't have enough HP to servive. A level 200 character would though. I don't know jack about Ill Gills (except that they drop real nei's O_o); Perhaps they're the same way.

Hrith
Aug 17, 2005, 02:12 AM
I'm with Sitka, they're insta-kill, no higly damaging or EDK-based attacks, just "you die".

Quo
Aug 17, 2005, 02:27 AM
On 2005-08-17 00:12, Kef wrote:
I'm with Sitka, they're insta-kill, no higly damaging or EDK-based attacks, just "you die".

I'll buy that. I've never survived survived the meri's attack myself, so I don't have any proof to the contrary.

Hrith
Aug 17, 2005, 02:48 AM
Kefka has 2200+ HP with some God/HP units, and offline Mericarol = dead.

And Ill Gill killed me with 110 EDK >_>

Tycho
Aug 17, 2005, 04:21 AM
On 2005-08-17 00:12, Kef wrote:

Yeah... I can testify that, having played multiple PW4 runs at 100+ EDK. They could still easily kill me instantly. I mean, sheesh, even the TP-drain attack instantly killed me. XP

AxelgearVII
Aug 17, 2005, 05:46 AM
On 2005-08-17 02:21, Tycho wrote:

Yeah... I can testify that, having played multiple PW4 runs at 100+ EDK. They could still easily kill me instantly. I mean, sheesh, even the TP-drain attack instantly killed me. XP

Because you were using a Psycho Wand fool. >_>

Jarek
Aug 17, 2005, 11:32 AM
The purple mist from a mericarol can kill in all difficulties(I had it happen during a normal ma2 run for points some time ago, and I checked just now again to make sure).

An Ill Gill's dark attack will not kill you 100% of the time. I've also only got knocked down from it before as well, losing some HP, and I only had 15 EDK at the time (Luminous Field + Sparts v2.01).

JODDY
Aug 17, 2005, 01:20 PM
On 2005-08-17 09:32, psobsesser wrote:
The purple mist from a mericarol can kill in all difficulties(I had it happen during a normal ma2 run for points some time ago, and I checked just now again to make sure).

Ya, I was doing a lab quest on normal and I was about lv.68 or so. A mericarol one hit killed me twice.

Sitka
Aug 17, 2005, 01:39 PM
On 2005-08-16 23:51, Quo wrote:

I thought the meri's did set damage and that just looked like an insta-kill move since most people didn't have enough HP to servive. A level 200 character would though. I don't know jack about Ill Gills (except that they drop real nei's O_o); Perhaps they're the same way.

The set-damage theory was quoted to me ad nauseum on xbox. So I tested it out. I took my level 200 Racast with the highest HP in the game, maxed out his HP mats, strapped on 4 God HP's and bravely took a hit from Mericol - and DIED!!!! I was somewhere around 2400 HP or so - can't remember exact number.

Now, unless they let us start leveling to 300 (no - please don't), there is nothing that can survive that damn attack.

As for the Ill Gil, I too have been knocked down by their attacks, but looking closely, when the purple megid cloud flashes, it's an instant kill. Perhaps it's like the "Dim, Shadow, Dark, Hell" special where you can register a hit, but the special doesn't work. You have to get both the hit and the special to work for the instant-kill.

I hope that makes sense.

Doesn't matter anyway; freeze em and kill em before they do you.

And yes, the croaking, megid cloud works on all levels - can't tell you how stupid you feel in c-mode when you don't get out in time.