PDA

View Full Version : This weeks update...

RoninJoku
Aug 19, 2005, 01:29 AM
Nothing too incredible... Unless you can read Japanese... The "World of PSU" page was updated to add race info... About all I got out of the update was... sillouhettes of 3 new characters! But... that's not really exciting I suppose...

Anyone want to translate the new pages? There might not even be any real news there...

Quo
Aug 19, 2005, 01:40 AM
Well, we can learn something from the silhouettes. The Beast next to Leo is very probably female, which means we can put one fear to rest.

DarK-SuN
Aug 19, 2005, 02:05 AM
Funny how the human page has two males instead of a male and a female like all the other pages. XD
It's even more funny because in some videos which show pieces of online gameplay have female humans present; they could have put a female silhouette instead of another male, but go figure.

But anyway, I like the Cast section for one reason, it shows the male silhouette as being something more "mechanical" and "square" (a bit RAcastish if we wanna call it something) than the offline game Cast we're used to see in pictures, which is too "human" for my taste.
That sure puts one of my fears to rest, that male Casts are not just human looking, but they can also look like the good old RAcast style (or something similar to it at least) with thin/"athletic" proportions (I hate RAcasts with broad-tank-like shoulders, just not my thing).

Right now, my only "leftover" fear in relation to Casts is if they can have complete helmets which cover the human-like face (like PSO's RAcast and HUcast heads), since the silhouette doesn't really show that, just the shape (kinda reminds me of Virtual ON's Apharmd's silhouette).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2005-08-19 00:08 ]</font>

Nash
Aug 19, 2005, 10:58 AM
Yeah, it's good to see the more PSO-style silhouettes for the Casts. I want to recreate my RAcast in PSU, so this has made me a lot more hopeful. He does look quite Virtual-On-ish, which could work very well.

The male Newman silhouette looks quite ceremonial as well, so those wanting old-style Forces should also be happy.

Would be good if someone could translate the background sections for the 4 races, as it looks like quite a lot of information. I'm hoping it would shed some light on the 'sub-weapon' ability that the Casts have. It must be quite significant if it's the equivalent of the Beast race's transform ability.

Calibur
Aug 19, 2005, 02:41 PM
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/438/psu25by.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2400/psu38xg.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7248/psu40sz.jpg

BWS-1
Aug 19, 2005, 05:07 PM
That cast looks too much like a RAcast ... not that I have anything aginst RAcasts, but I hope we'll get to choose to make them NOT look like them.

Rubesahl
Aug 19, 2005, 08:01 PM
-drools over keyboard- I'm looking forward to see how the male newman turns out O_O The costume seems extravagant that's for sure lol

Tomeeboy
Aug 19, 2005, 09:09 PM
The cast reminds me a lot of Megaman http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RoninJoku
Aug 20, 2005, 12:14 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about appearances... I get the feeling we'll be able to do quite a bit of what we want in the end... I personally don't think anyone will be let down with the character creation system...

AzureBlaze
Aug 20, 2005, 12:50 AM
Very interesting hints at chars to come!

I bet what they are doing is introducing the new NPCs that stay with you throughout the plot this way. So this is like our new "Bernie" "Sue" and "Kireek". Since they did a male & female of each type in the last games, and had each one be an active NPC (except RAcast, who got dumped on) they're probably doing the same thing here.

Anyone who says not to worry is likely right, because by all means all HUcs did not look like Kireek by any means, and same with RAmars failing to look like Bernie, despite their limited clothing/hair switching ability.

Their boxy cast is probably there to offset the very humanish Renvolt Magashi and way the heck too humanish Lou. Gilliam was very wide, and Kireek was very not. The people look like they're trying to display as much range as they can to keep the NPCs interesting.

But what are those trailing things on beastgirls' head?

Quo
Aug 20, 2005, 12:57 AM
On 2005-08-19 22:50, AzureBlaze wrote:

But what are those trailing things on beastgirls' head?

I figured it was a hair style. Or maybe a ribbon or something.

DarK-SuN
Aug 20, 2005, 01:05 PM
My guess on her hair? Pigtails, or something similar to it.

SubstanceD
Aug 21, 2005, 01:44 PM
On 2005-08-20 11:05, DarK-SuN wrote:
My guess on her hair? Pigtails, or something similar to it.

That's what I thought.

It's very interesting that all we have to work with are silouette's. It gives us a rough idea what to ecpect but to a ceratin extent we are still in the dark ( especially when it comes to what the female beastmen will look like ). I am digging the silouette of the cast however, I always wanted to make a RAcast ( and I have made a a few, but I always delete them soon after wards ) but I am put of by thier bulkiness, the silouette of the cast in the picture did look very cool however ( it looks like The "Tallgeese" from Gundam Wing, minus the frusters on the back which suits me just fine since The Tallgeese is my favorite Mecha in teh Gundam Universe ).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2005-08-21 11:48 ]</font>

_Tek_
Aug 21, 2005, 05:52 PM
Of course these picture are all just NPC's, you will have loads of customization afterwords. Even if the male cast npc looks like a racast silohuette I'm sure we'll be able to make alot of changes to that, so it could still look like a hucast.

The beast girl is so small, I wonder how much of a size change you'd get when you change with a character that small. It may be awesome lol.

And I just remembered something from the 2004 E3 trailer, it shows a beast man riding with a small child beast, but it didn't have the same hair as the NPC shadow on the main site.

Cynric
Aug 21, 2005, 10:55 PM
I'm still eager to see what kind of options we get for casts. If the NPC's are any indication, we can go anywhere from tall and thin with giant wings on our arms, to short, fat, and square with few distinguishing features. Hopefully casts get enough options to balance themselves with the humans/newmans.

_Tek_
Aug 22, 2005, 10:39 PM
I did some browsing at the game screenshots and concept art, and it may be that some of the sketches we've seen may not be the final prodcuts, or they could be rares that the story character already have (like how kireek had the schythe in PSO).

For example the sword in the mag scan looks like the rest of the weapons, but ethan's sword looks like flowen's sword. Perhaps he jsut obtains that at some point in the story mode, but in online mode you may not be able to get that kind of weapon until a later level or difficulty.