PDA

View Full Version : Finding people for Cmode Offline

Spider
Aug 20, 2005, 05:14 AM
I've had PSOGC for ages now, offline only, and just wondering, with other people like me, how do you go about finding other people to play offline Cmode with? I've shown the game to heaps of mates but none seem to like the game, most my mates aren't into games, and if they are they like FPS or racing games.
So yeah, is there traits that I should look for in people for possible PSO players? I really wanna start getting into challenge mode. (I play offline with siblings sometimes, but they suck at it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Cheers,
Spider

SLON
Aug 22, 2005, 06:35 AM
I play cmode offline by myself sometimes. Useful for exploring maps and testing switches, as well as learning how to survive when all the monsters are after you alone!

Spider
Aug 23, 2005, 06:12 AM
Don't you need to play with at least 2 people?
Or do you just load a second character up, and maybe switch between them? Actually thats a good idea, go in, attack with whoever'd be better for it, run out, tag, etc, lol, might try it later! Only got 2 control pads on me at the moment.

SLON
Aug 23, 2005, 06:36 AM
Yes, that's the idea. Best to choose either 2 androids, or a Droid / NewmanFo combination; that way, while one is fighting, the other is gaining HP/TP back. Also, androids make cmode a lot easier, because of their trap seeing/laying ability. The only place you might struggle, is at the bosses. Then you have to leave one player in a corner, and hope that they survive while you use the other.

Sizzors
Aug 23, 2005, 06:50 PM
It's hard, I want to do challenge mode by myself, but that never works.

And I'm afraid to go online becuase of corruption http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ST stinks...

Spider
Aug 27, 2005, 09:24 PM
Finally got my brother into, although yesterday, for some reason one of my pads stoped working, and that evening my bro turned the heater on and one of the control pads was near it and it melted the wire :S Not my luck, lost 2 of my 3 GC pads in one day! lol!
Challenge mode is quite challenging, we cleared the first challenge with a couple of characters, attempted challenge 2 but we kept failing once we got to like area 7 :S Damn enemies with their critical hits....