PDA

View Full Version : Argh! Wtf changed on my account/browser?!?

Curiosity
Aug 20, 2005, 02:04 PM
Argh, wth changed to affect my browser history?!? For a few days now my stupid history clears itself and I don't want it to, and I don't know what changed on my system to cause it to do so. >__< I actually use it...

Hmm, I seem to be complaining a lot more recently... Strange... But still, this sucks.

_Ted_
Aug 20, 2005, 03:25 PM
What program are you using to access the internet? IE? FireFox? Opera? A potato with wires connected to it?

Curiosity
Aug 20, 2005, 03:40 PM
Much as I'd like to be using a potato with wires connected to it, I'm actually using Netscape Browser 8.0.3.3.

_Ted_
Aug 20, 2005, 06:02 PM
I'm not familiar with that browser, but in most browsers there is an option concerning the length of time which items remain in your history. Someone might have toggled that to zero or possibly negative three. Try looking for that and setting it to a higher number of days.

Curiosity
Aug 21, 2005, 03:33 PM
Unlikely since there are only three people in the house and I'm the one that knows the most about this kinda stuff. Not to mention my account is passworded, and I seriously doubt they'd have any clue how to try "hack" into my account, not to mention change my browser [Netscape 8.0 is actually based on Firefox] settings. And as for my settings, my Page History is set to 30000 days, which hasn't changed... With nothing set to clear it either.

The last things I remember installing are WinRAR and that Windows Desktop Search, neither of which should have any affect on my browser. I have installed a few other things, but those were before this little issue started...