PDA

View Full Version : Got a SJS, can it be trusted?

Fredrick
Aug 20, 2005, 04:45 PM
There was this JP girl I was playing with and she was talking about all her uber rares (most of them had hit...~15%). One of the things she had was a SJS and I was joaking around and said "Well next time you find one leave it un tekked and give it to me lol". Then she said she was going offline to look for it... 15 min later she was like... "Wow only 4 gi gues and I found it!"...

She dropped it and there it was, a un tekked SJS. It has to be a dupe, right?... but can you dupe un tekked weapons? If you can, I think this might be usefull to know. It had 25% dark. So if you know someone with a SJS with dark 15-35%, dont belive its legit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2005-08-20 14:46 ]</font>

Fanta
Aug 20, 2005, 04:50 PM
I dont know if that fortunate or Unfortunate for you...

Um...chances are its duped, how many people would give away a SJS?

VioletSkye
Aug 20, 2005, 05:00 PM
It is possible to dupe an untekked item. It is also possible to create untekked items through item modding (which is how I created all my tekker pics that I had posted for awhile.)

Also remember that with the Rares Drop AR code, it is very easy to get any Uber rare. Chances are that is what the person used to get it. So i guess depending on your point of view, it could be considered legit in that it did actually drop from a Gi Gue, but the means that make it drop are not legit because you are using a code that gives all enemies a rare drop percentage of 87.5%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-08-20 15:04 ]</font>

Fanta
Aug 20, 2005, 05:13 PM
On 2005-08-20 15:00, VioletSkye wrote:
So i guess depending on your point of view, it could be considered legit in that it did actually drop from a Gi Gue,

I consider that cheating.

VioletSkye
Aug 20, 2005, 05:20 PM
True, the overall process of using the code is definitely cheating , but I was referring specifically to the weapon being dropped from an enemy as opposed to being duped. My personal stance is that the weapon is not legit because you forced the drop, but there are a number of people who believe that as long as the enemy drops the items, it is legit, regardless of the fact that a code was used.

Neith
Aug 20, 2005, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't accept freebies from anyone unless you knew them to be a legit player- especially when the item in question is as rare as the SJS.

In my opinion, I honestly can't see it being a legit one. I doubt that ANYONE would give away a weapon of that rarity.

As previous posters have said, it is possible to create untekked weapons.....

Upto you whether you use it or not.

Blitzkommando
Aug 20, 2005, 06:30 PM
Just remember, not all Japanese players are legit. And not all are actually Japanese either. Remember, just because they have a J above their head doesn't mean it isn't someone who just plays in Japanese. I've met a number of Japanese players over time who were using the same dupes and hacks as anyone else. 4 Gi Gue for a SJS? After making a joke about it? Highly unlikely. But, really, in the end it is up to you as to what to do with it and whether or not you trust the other player.

JODDY
Aug 20, 2005, 06:43 PM
Trust no one. I wouldnt have accepted it. I'd have to play with a person for months before i'd take any rare from him/her. I dont really care if people do things like that. I just wont play with them.

Fredrick
Aug 20, 2005, 06:54 PM
Wow that sucks so badly... Not because the SJS isnt legit, but because no anyone can have what they want...

Like not too long ago I found a Heaven Punisher, and I took a picture of me tekking it thinking "Now people know its legit!"... but that doesnt mean anything now.

I am SO glad PSU is comeing out. This game has absolutly no value to me anymore.

JODDY
Aug 20, 2005, 07:03 PM
As long as you know it's legit and have it why do you have to prove to people it is. I wish I had one. I wouldnt care what people said because I wouldnt use it with people I didnt know. You dont have to play with everybody and listen to their disbelief in your uber. You should have friends that you play with all the time that believe in you. I believe you.

edit: referring to the Heaven's Punisher

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JODDY on 2005-08-20 17:04 ]</font>

TimeConsumer
Aug 20, 2005, 09:12 PM
I don't really like to question people to much, but I mean, why didn't he/she ask you if you wanted to go along with the runs instead of goign offline?

I like to believe people, and I'd like to believe this person, but it is far-fetched. I don't blame you if you keep it, or if you don't, believing people is a good thing, but sometimes it's hard too...

decrescendo
Aug 20, 2005, 11:47 PM
i think there is no point is trying to determine it's legitimacy - mainly because you really can't.

other than that - it matters not how she got it, whether it be a dupe or what have you. the point is that you've picked it up for basically doing nothing - so it really is up to you whether or not you wish to keep it or make use of it. say she didn't dupe or code but found it through extreme luck, how does that change the fact that you've gotten it for nothing? or that she duped it, or found it via a code - it is still the same thing. it only matters, at least to me, if you've worked hard for something to trade with someone...or you're giving something away of importance. otherwise, free bread is free bread - as long as it does no harm to you...you can take it or leave it.

sure, you can be technical and argue that there might be 10,000 people out there with a sjs of same exact percentages...but who's to say that she couldn't have found one with the exact percentages?

Dana
Aug 21, 2005, 11:06 AM
chances are it's not legit, so the choice is...

stay legit and not take it or

take the chance and have a GREAT weapons

just remeber it COULD be legit !

Sizzors
Aug 21, 2005, 11:14 AM
It's totally possible that he found it with only 4 Gi Gues. I'd say take it.

Ninto
Aug 22, 2005, 02:05 PM
Maybe it is legit. I joined someone else's game. He started East Tower, and the first Gi Gue we defeated dropped a Sealed J-Sword. Just lucky http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PatserGOUKI
Aug 24, 2005, 05:16 AM
Yeah right, after 4 Gi Gue's and Spiderman exist, believe me man!!!

No one believes that u find a 1/12000 drop in 4 drops. you better try winning the lottery with that luck

PatserGOUKI

Bladehunter
Aug 30, 2005, 05:19 AM
I find it more unbelieveable that she has killed 4 Gi Gue in 15 minutes. Unless she's a speed freak, it should take like half an hour. Or maybe I'm just slow?

Dana
Aug 30, 2005, 05:47 AM
On 2005-08-30 03:19, Bladehunter wrote:
I find it more unbelieveable that she has killed 4 Gi Gue in 15 minutes. Unless she's a speed freak, it should take like half an hour. Or maybe I'm just slow?

ET, WT, PW#

decrescendo
Aug 30, 2005, 10:11 AM
but she said she was going offline http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ryna
Aug 30, 2005, 10:18 AM
This particular matter was resolved in another topic. As such, I'm closing the thread.