PDA

View Full Version : What Music Do you listen to While Playing?

Catch22
Feb 22, 2001, 10:55 PM
Personally, I don't find the PSO music that grand- I mean its certainly tolerable- But I've found that I play games best when I can get my own tunes pumping in the stereo overhead my TV.

What I listen to:
A collection of Various Ska/Punk artists:
Catch22, Mustard Plug, Midtown, A New Found Glory, The Ataris, Dropkick Murphys.
Or If Classic rock is in order:
Led Zepplin(With Immigrant Song on Repeat :>), Ramjam, .38 Special, and Foghat.
Caves Require Soul!:
Al Green, Marvin Gaye, Ottis( :>),and of course The Edgar Winter group ("The mountain is High.. The Valley is low..")
And for the DF Battle- One Needs the Opus!:
Pearl Jam's Rocked out Version of "Porch", And Also "Last Exit" fit the bill quite well.

All in all folks.. Its just a wonderful game made even better by great music. Hows about you Post some of your Tunes; and keep napster happy for the time being :>.

PS: Everyone Play an Instrument.. It'd be cool to punk out some PSO Jams! BASS PLAYERS RULE!

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Catch22 on 2001-02-22 20:00 ]</font>

KLin-304
Feb 22, 2001, 10:57 PM
Alternate music I play while playing PSO is the Guilty Gear/Guilty Gear X soundtracks, and my Siam Shade CDs. Long live Visual Shock/J-Rock! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Utherpendrgn
Feb 22, 2001, 11:14 PM
I listen to just about everything in my extensive CD collection, but I try to put some styles to specific levels

Forest: Kinda drab, so I spruce it up with some hard rock
~ At the Drive-In
~ Rage Against the Machine
~ Mudvayne
~ Foo Fighters

Caves: Kinda serene when you reach Caves 2 and 3, so I go with British rock and psychedelia
~ Radiohead (mostly Kid A)
~ Pink Floyd
~ Coldplay
~ Travis

Mines: Techno/Industrial all the way
~ Nine Inch Nails
~ Crystal Method
~ Lo-Fidelity Allstars
~ Stabbing Westward

Ruins: Harder to pin down. I use stuff from both the mines and the caves
~ Pink Floyd (The Final Cut here)
~ Orgy
~ Videodrone
~ Radiohead (yet again, Kid A)

Dark Falz: At this point, I switch off the music and go to my Computer and put "One Winged Angel" from Final Fantasy VII on an endless loop. Aww Yeah.

As you can tell, I like a wide variety of music and styles

Oronis
Feb 22, 2001, 11:15 PM
Ultraspank - Where
Alot of White zombie, Korn, Orgy, NiN, Creed, and Ozzy/Black Sabbath

Josh
Feb 23, 2001, 12:45 AM
Ummm...I just use the game's music
If i wasn't I'd listen to some Third Eye Blind, New Found Glory(whom originated in my city!), Bosstones, Matchbox20,Pennywise,Offspring, green day,lit, eve6,mxpx....

Maverick
Feb 23, 2001, 12:48 AM
Nothing better for wading through guts than some Scissorfight.

PePiTo
Feb 23, 2001, 12:57 AM
Well- I usually listen to anime soundtracks. During Caves especially- I listen to my Evangelion Death and Rebirth soundtrack.

When not those I listen to:
Black Sabbath
Steve Vai
Zepplin
BJORK (Mines)
Insane Clown Posse (hmm- that gives me and idea for a post)
Twiztid
or anything with trance like.

yeah... i suck

myau1
Feb 23, 2001, 01:07 AM
I usually enjoy the games music, but sometimes I listen to Machine Head, Slipknot, Coal Chamber, NonPoint, Orgy, Godsmack, and anything else that rocks as hard as that stuff.

Catch22
Feb 23, 2001, 01:47 AM
Thanks Alot Guys!

This is real cool- To hear what you guys all like to listen to, Josh- Thats awesome that you've been around New found.. How are the shows down there?

Josh
Feb 23, 2001, 01:55 AM
On 2001-02-22 22:47, Catch22 wrote:
Thanks Alot Guys!

This is real cool- To hear what you guys all like to listen to, Josh- Thats awesome that you've been around New found.. How are the shows down there?

Sweet. They just recently played a charity show down here in a park that's like 15 minutes away from my house.

Oh yeah, one of the webmasters at http://www.anewfoundglory.net is in my computer class. heh

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Josh on 2001-02-22 23:06 ]</font>

GreyMouser
Feb 23, 2001, 03:50 AM
hmmm I'll have to agree with the Anime guy, well in referance to the anime part of the post. Get the Akira soundtrack for some intense music. Its extremely powerful and has an epic quality to it. Perfect for gaming. Led Zeppelin's "Battle of Evermore" is another good selection, Bjork, Bauhaus, Floyd, Stabbing Westward, Hawkwind, The Deep Fix (the band of a fantasy author who single handedly shaped the genre of dark phantasy who also wrote for Hawkwind and Blue Oyster Cult), System of a Down, any haunting classicle stuff, Deep Forrest, Astral Projection, Switchblade Symphony, Orgy, trance (anything really), etc.

I love punk but I just cant listen to it when I'm playing an RPG. Takes away from the mystical quality of the whole thing, ya know?

GreyMouser
Feb 23, 2001, 03:51 AM
hmmm I'll have to agree with the Anime guy, well in referance to the anime part of the post. Get the Akira soundtrack for some intense music. Its extremely powerful and has an epic quality to it. Perfect for gaming. Led Zeppelin's "Battle of Evermore" is another good selection, Bjork, Bauhaus, Floyd, Stabbing Westward, Hawkwind, The Deep Fix (the band of a fantasy author who single handedly shaped the genre of dark phantasy who also wrote for Hawkwind and Blue Oyster Cult), System of a Down, any haunting classicle stuff, Deep Forrest, Astral Projection, Switchblade Symphony, Orgy, trance (anything really), etc.

I love punk but I just cant listen to it when I'm playing an RPG. Takes away from the mystical quality of the whole thing, ya know?

whazzzzzup
Feb 23, 2001, 05:15 AM
my hundredz of mp3z (gonna b thousandz soon)........since i use a vga adaptor..i just hook it up to my monitor with no sound so i can hear my mp3z of my comp.....

Spy
Feb 23, 2001, 05:34 AM
hmm, here's what I listen to in no particular order:
matrix soundtrack
pennywise(My own country!-best song ever)
nofx
antiflag
dropkick murphys
a fire inside
RATM
rammstein
tool

and some more that I can't think of right now...

bishop2049
Feb 23, 2001, 07:03 AM
Outkast all the way

Southernplayalisticcadillacmusic for forest

Ataliens fo da caves

Aquemini fo da mines

and som Stankonia fo da Ruins
Olski wolski fo real Yeah!!! OuTkAsT

Ghen
Feb 23, 2001, 07:32 AM
My playlist consists of alot of differnent music. Some of my favs are (in no particular order)

Pennywise
AFI
Face To Face
soundtrack to Rouroni Kenshin OST
Guilty Gear X soundtrack
Ministry
Tori Amos
Grim Faeries
Goo Goo Dolls
Limp Bizkit
BT (Brian Thoreau?)
Les Miserables collection
No Motiv
Less Than Jake
NOFX
Smashing Pumpkins
Social Distortion
Laziest Men On Mars (All your base are belong to us! great boss music http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif )
and last but not least...
Y's Piano Collection

*phew* lots more, but I felt I had spammed ya enough already ;p

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Ghen on 2001-02-23 04:38 ]</font>

Arcadean
Feb 23, 2001, 07:36 AM
I just listen to whatever is on the radio.