PDA

View Full Version : can mags die?

yukikun
Aug 20, 2005, 09:59 PM
i was playing with my friend about 2 months ago when we were in the mines and i picked up a mag... he told me it was because you need a new one every once in a while because they die. is this true? i hope not because my ive spent like 500000 mesetas on upgrading my mag lol

Ryna
Aug 20, 2005, 10:08 PM
On 2005-08-20 19:59, yukikun wrote:
is this true? i hope not because my ive spent like 500000 mesetas on upgrading my mag lol

The only way a mag can "die" is if you lose it to things such as FSDOD or Item Synchronization errors.

Your mag could theoretically last forever.

decrescendo
Aug 20, 2005, 11:48 PM
they can become extremely unsynchronized or stupid based on what you feed them or how often you die. but they never die and fade forever...unless you choose to leave them behind or as mentioned above - from fsod.

Maridia
Aug 21, 2005, 12:03 AM
XD Aw, that's such a cute question. <_<

I was worried about losing my mags at first too, but no, they can last forever if you play normally or don't leave them behind. <3 XD XD

so. cute. XD

Welcome to PSOW, too. <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2005-08-20 22:04 ]</font>

yukikun
Aug 21, 2005, 09:50 AM
k thats cool. decrescendo you said something about your mag getting stupid or there IQ gets low. what does IQ do? i figured it didnt really matter because i thought it had to do something with magic and i dont use magic

Fanta
Aug 21, 2005, 09:55 AM
IQ and Sync help your mag with special abilities it may casy such as invinsibility, S/D, Reverser at death and also increase the power of your PBs.

Ryna
Aug 21, 2005, 10:29 AM
On 2005-08-21 07:50, yukikun wrote:
k thats cool. decrescendo you said something about your mag getting stupid or there IQ gets low. what does IQ do? i figured it didnt really matter because i thought it had to do something with magic and i dont use magic

Sync affects the rate at which your PB meter builds.

I forget exactly what IQ is responsible for.

I know that Sync/IQ affects the following:
1, It affects whether your mag will performs certain acts (Resta/S&D/Reverser/Invincility) under certain situations.

2. It affects the level of the specialty. Say a mag is supposed to cast Shifta and Deband when you hit 10% health. If your sync/IQ is low and the mag performs the special, it will be a low-level Shifta/Deband. If your sync/IQ is high, the Shifta/Deband will be higher.

3. Photon Blast combination specialty levels. Lower Sync/IQ levels will result in the effects of the PB combination being lowered.

yukikun
Aug 21, 2005, 10:40 AM
k thanks. my mags sync is almost always at 120% but his IQ is almost always at 0 lol thats probably bad but i give my mag kama alot of sol atomizers which boost its attack by quite a bit and boosts its defense a bit too. but it puts my IQ down by 2 gr. but my mag casts reverser 20% of the time and casts shifta and deband alot if those are the ones that raise your attack and defense. his resta kinda sucks though

Ryna
Aug 21, 2005, 10:43 AM
On 2005-08-21 08:40, yukikun wrote:
k thanks. my mags sync is almost always at 120% but his IQ is almost always at 0

Don't worry about raising your IQ at this point. Just wait until your mag is level 200 to try for maximum Sync/IQ.

Fanta
Aug 21, 2005, 10:43 AM
Dont worry too much about IQ and Sync until your mag is lv 200, then you dont have to worry too much about what you feed it.

HotHunter
Aug 21, 2005, 11:29 AM
you know my mag has died but i had a better one i also think that you can revive them if they die i am not sure though

Fanta
Aug 21, 2005, 11:31 AM
On 2005-08-21 09:29, HotHunter wrote:
you know my mag has died but i had a better one i also think that you can revive them if they die i am not sure though

Since they dont die, I dont believe you.
You must have done something to make it 'die' http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EJ
Aug 21, 2005, 05:32 PM
On 2005-08-21 09:31, Fanta wrote:

On 2005-08-21 09:29, HotHunter wrote:

Since they dont die, I dont believe you.
You must have done something to make it 'die' http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

He poison the star atomizer he was feeding it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Fanta
Aug 21, 2005, 06:02 PM
Is it a Tar Atomizer? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

So, you going to tell us what actually happened with your MAG or did it really just disappear?